You tear down the Fountain of Nations you might as well remove the Main Street train station

JIMINYCR

My God, the longer I'm around, the more I wonder... How the heck did these morons that do these kinds of things get hired at Disney and where do they come up with these foolish schemes. Sooo many historical Disney items tossed aside. Saad days in the Disney world.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
This should be enough to keep it,
“The Fountain of Nations dates back to the opening day of Epcot where is was dedicated by Walt's widow, Lillian Disney. People from 23 countries brought water from their homelands, which was then poured into the fountain - representing the world community brought together at Epcot.”
Epcot is a one of a kind park like no other in this world, that to should be enough to keep Epcot as it was. Maybe it’s time for Disney to sell it off as a third party park to someone who will restore it to its original glory.

Spike-in-Berlin

The present management of both the Disney company and the parks, who have nothing in common with what used to be the Disney spirit, doesn't know or care about anything else than money. They ripped the heart out of the Polynesian, they rip off resort guests now for parking at Disney resorts, they will respect absolutely nothing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They could always, you know, fix it.

And it would still be a dated type of thing that doesn’t strike emotion the same anymore. That’s why I advocate for change, not just maintain. The fountain was 80s contemporary and has not aged well. Just like stark white clean TL of the 70s didn’t age well and doesn’t deserve to be the style of the land now and for the future.

Somethings should be kept classic and refreshed... I just don’t think a large animated fountain show is one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And it would still be a dated type of thing that doesn’t strike emotion the same anymore. That’s why I advocate for change, not just maintain. The fountain was 80s contemporary and has not aged well. Just like stark white clean TL of the 70s didn’t age well and doesn’t deserve to be the style of the land now and for the future.

Somethings should be kept classic and refreshed... I just don’t think a large animated fountain show is one.
We’ll agree to disagree.

Although it’s mid 90s contemporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom