News Character Spot, Innoventions and more to close in September

The Empress Lilly

I don't get all the people obsessed with alcohol, if drinking is your priority save money and just go to a bar instead of Disney.
Indeed. We need to keep calling Iger Disney out for transforming America's largest family entertainment venue into America's largest outdoor bar. It's disgusting.

And indeed it's the very subject of this thread: the closures are to make way for a beer garden, smack dab in the middle of the park. To increase the confrontation with alcohol, to induce guests to consume more of it. To turn FW into what WS has already become too, a place full of drunks, never more than sixty feet removed from an alcohol vending point.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My question is will the fountain survive? And if so they better not switch t over to generic house music or generic Disney music. I love it the way it is but needs some TLC. As for the buildings they are beautiful, served their purpose well but there’s no saving them unless they bring back the original communocore landscape

Last edited:

MrPromey

It is possible to like both *gasp*

True but it isn't like there's a shortage of places to get your booze on in Epcot, already.

In my admittedly subjective opinion, we've already got plenty of spots for that (and even more "temporary" spots during the year-round festivals). Pesonally, I'd rather not sacrafice another family-friendly feature for another alcohol line.

Cmdr_Crimson

My question is will the fountain survive? And if so they better not switch t over to generic house music or generic Disney music. I love it the way it is but needs some TLC. As for the buildings they are beautiful, served their purpose well but there’s no saving them unless they bring back the original communocore landscape

From the way it's explained on Twitter...It's history...

ThatMouse

Communicore was my favorite place in the world when I was a kid. It's a shame they couldn't figure out what to do with it for the last 25 years. While others enjoyed the meet & greets, I enjoyed the carpeted walls, the smell of nostalgia, and a weird toilet urinal set in back of two other urinals. Edit: attached. I'll miss you strangely placed toilets.

Attachments

• innoventions4_meg-700x525.jpg
    innoventions4_meg-700x525.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 202

promod1955

As I read all this news the nostalgia is starting to set in of many years of memories.

We are going to lose the -17 degree hurricane winds of A/C in the breeze way of Innoventions West where the sliding glass doors are. No trip to Disney was complete without experiencing this. The walk to the land Pavilion will never be the same.

Spash007

I honestly don't know what makes me the most upset. I do see that the Innoventions building feels bulky to get around, so I can see an argument for that. But to lose the Fountain of Nations seems absurd. Get rid of the stage, but the fountain itself doesn't take up that much area, while also adding symmetry to the area.

Then I think of turning Heritage Manor gifts into the Art of Disney, and I hate losing the Americana merch from there. It was one of the few merch shops that seemed to be authentic and not have the same run of the mill stuff. I'm honestly surprised they didn't turn the Odyssey into an Art area, or create a new building that is more noticeable in FW, given the high $$ tag of a lot of the merch and the Festival of the Arts.

Bender123

Communicore was my favorite place in the world when I was a kid. It's a shame they couldn't figure out what to do with it for the last 25 years. While others enjoyed the meet & greets, I enjoyed the carpeted walls, the smell of nostalgia, and a weird toilet urinal set in back of two other urinals. Edit: attached. I'll miss you strangely placed toilets.

I got a photopass picture in that bathroom, once...ran into a photographer and got the weirdest Disney Pic ever...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom