Per Jim Hill, the Star Wars restaurant is coming.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
As normal, this is a RUMOR and should be taken with a grain of salt. Jim Hill isn’t always the best source but has been getting good intel as of late. On the newest episode of Looking at Lucasfilm, Jim Hill reports that the restaurant that was originally in the concept art for galaxy’s edge (pictured below) has been given the go ahead and will be fast tracked. Apparently they are extremely happy with Oga’s performance and are seeking to take the heat off that restaurant.

EDIT: Can’t believe I missed this he also referred to the project as Galaxy’s Edge Phase 2, so take that what you will.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Maybe they’re panicking with the low low attendance at the DLR. Apparently they haven’t been breaking down the doors to get in since the beginning of June.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, this whole low attendance thing is a perfect storm of many variables. It is momentary once Rise opens everyone will see this land be a crazy success and the words flop will never be used in the same sentence as galaxy’s edge. The other variables such as the reservation system narrative driving people away, blocking out the AP’s and CM’s also contributes to this low attendance. Another thing WDW’s hasn’t even opened yet too early to make any statements regarding attendance.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I said it once and I’ll say it again, this whole low attendance thing is a perfect storm of many variables. It is momentary once Rise opens everyone will see this land be a crazy success and the words flop will never be used in the same sentence as galaxy’s edge. The other variables such as the reservation system narrative driving people away, blocking out the AP’s and CM’s also contributes to this low attendance. Another thing WDW’s hasn’t even opened yet too early to make any statements regarding attendance.

But TDO and TDA have never ever ever ever done something rash and reactionary like strategy changes, operational cuts, or price increases because of a temporary confluence of factors right??

Surferboy567

Original Poster
But TDO and TDA have never ever ever ever done something rash and reactionary like operational cuts or price increases because of a temporary confluence of factors right??

I never said they didn’t, I just said that I believe this is momentary.

Jon81uk

Yep I expect a majority of people are waiting for Rise of the Resistance to open.

ToTBellHop

Oh, absolutely. But I think they can safely build a TSR at their usual pace. By the time it opens in 2021, everything will be fine. And they are prone to snap decisions. I actually hope the first like 3 weeks after it opens at DHS are quiet. If we play our cards right, we'll get another E-ticket green-lit for the park!

No one go to DHS in September so we can get a new ride in 3 years. K thanx bye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom