New enhancements coming to WDW's Haunted Mansion for the 50th anniversary?

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Is it just me or does the bridal march sound a lot more menacing in Florida? (Ignoring Constance and everything).

Regardless nothing is more perfectly simple than the pop up screams and the beating heart.

It certainly is more menacing in Florida. Unlike California's where it's being played directly from a harpsichord, Florida's is a recording that plays out of the air and it seems to have a bit of a supernatural echo to it.

tirian

Well it's good to know that someone out there has the red light covers. As for the Sinister 11, yes they were afraid of causing bottlenecks in line so they removed the moving eyes and replaced them with standard flat eyes. I think their excuse to not keep the effect is stupid because Operations causes bottlenecks all the time by stuffing too many people in the stretching rooms. When they leave the room, the load area is so crowded. Also, I think keeping the moving eyes would've given people something neat to look at while waiting in line.
Plus, the library busts are in the loading area in Disneyland, and they don’t cause problems.

Dragonman

Isn’t the candelabra above the staircase before the portrait gallery supposed to move like the one in the endless hallway? I’ve noticed in a couple videos you can see it obviously just hanging there with no movement or lights and the strings are visible.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Enhancements I'd like to see:
Removal of so many things (Graveyard Queue would be a nice start)
Floating Table with stationary Leota
Haunted Book, Walking
Suit of Armor scareactor add (at least for the 50th)
Man in Web + Spiders (Hattie's a has been - let that be DL's thing)
Ravens (more prominent)
Madame Leota Seance Room lighting package
Improved Audio throughout
Attic and Graveyard Blast-ups
OG Ghost Bride or Tokyo version

I'd also really REALLY like to see Imagineering create a Miser scene based on this guy:
1_zpsaxgv816f.jpg

But that's more wishful-thinking on my part. Shame though; that "Donald Duck" chair is currently missing it's miser.

Last edited:

MotherOfBirds

Upgrading the AA's in the graveyard would be a win, but I know we wouldn't get that given how many there are. Some more nighttime exterior effects would be nice as well, like moving lights, human shadows, briefly parting drapes, etc. Heck, let's give the entire facade some love. I've long been of the opinion that we've outgrown Walt's idea that the mansions should look pristine on the outside. Give me the TDL treatment.

RSoxNo1

According to several sources I know, the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom is likely to get some enhancements for WDW's 50th anniversary celebration. It won't be as significant as the 2007 Re-Haunting, but some new magic could materialize. No details have been provided to me, but they've all hinted at the addition of the Hatbox Ghost.
Updating the Haunted Mansion? Something new and different, nice!

aladdin2007

Upgrading the AA's in the graveyard would be a win, but I know we wouldn't get that given how many there are. Some more nighttime exterior effects would be nice as well, like moving lights, human shadows, briefly parting drapes, etc. Heck, let's give the entire facade some love. I've long been of the opinion that we've outgrown Walt's idea that the mansions should look pristine on the outside. Give me the TDL treatment.

This, they have really done away with some neat trees and bushes that use to be here,,,but I would like to see the return the howling sound effect outside, that was iconic as you got closer, why did they have to do away with that too? I suppose it bothered the tangled tower background music next door too much......:banghead:

Imagineer999

Original Poster
This, they have really done away with some neat trees and bushes that use to be here,,,but I would like to see the return the howling sound effect outside, that was iconic as you got closer, why did they have to do away with that too? I suppose it bothered the tangled tower background music next door too much......:banghead:

They turned down the volume of the howling dog effect in 2011 when the new queue was added, but from what I've heard it is broken and has yet to he fixed.

Imagineer999

Original Poster

The Mansion's windows do have shadows that move every few minutes. Also I think some updrades to the AAs could happen. They recently repaired and repainted the headless knight and la-la singer. They look as good as new!

Imagineer999

Original Poster
Isn’t the candelabra above the staircase before the portrait gallery supposed to move like the one in the endless hallway? I’ve noticed in a couple videos you can see it obviously just hanging there with no movement or lights and the strings are visible.
View attachment 385890

They recently repaired the candelabra. Its movement is faster now.

Dragonman

The Mansion's windows do have shadows that move every few minutes. Also I think some updrades to the AAs could happen. They recently repaired and repainted the headless knight and la-la singer. They look as good as new!

The la-la singer is not assigned to an animatronic as far as I know. It’s a disembodied vocal track singing along in a “la la la, la la, la la la !” type style to the song. It was silenced at California in the early 70’s and later on in Florida but still exists at Tokyo: https://archive.org/details/LaLaSinger

Last edited:

Skibum1970

My WDW Haunted Mansion wish list:

- make the interactive queue more creepy and less silly. The entire first half of the attraction is supposed to be foreboding. You're not supposed to know that these are good-natured ghosts until you get to the ballroom.
- adjust the timing of Master Gracey's portrait transformation so everyone can see it
- restore the "moving eyes" effect to the Sinister 11 portraits in the Load Area. I doubt they will ever restore the original Portrait Corridor, but getting those stares back would make up for it
- restore the deep red lighting to the Corridor of Doors and the pair of hands prying the last door open
- restore the original attic
- restore the original hitchhiking ghost effect

If they could make those changes, I would be so happy.

Sorry but just read this thread. I'd also remove the "jump scare" ghosts on a stick in the cemetery. They're tacky and out of character with the other happy haunts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom