News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

I will say the benches look like something right out of Deus Ex (Human Revolution/Mankind Divided specifically). They just need some gold lighting and it'd be like it was taken out of the games.

nickys

Premium Member
If they open a more direct path to GotG, the path to the left of enter/exit 4 might be heavily used as well.

You’ve just reminded me of a question I had and never asked.

In this re-do of the entrance, I assume the “secret” entrance to the far left will disappear?

note2001

How are they going to deal with the Christmas/New Years crowds if the entire communicore area/fountains are closed down? Will the paths be diverted?

plutofan15

I’m not.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
How are they going to deal with the Christmas/New Years crowds if the entire communicore area/fountains are closed down? Will the paths be diverted?

Since West is being leveled, Construction vehicles are probably going to access it from the Seas side via the access road. Add to the redo of SSE and fountain of nations, I would figure the entire spine being off limits to guests. They would have to build a temporary path via guardians near the east bathrooms and guest relations. Additionally build a larger walkway around Innoventions east by the playground.

A lot of the initial demo prep work will not require rerouting so simple walls will be sufficient for the fall festivals crowd. I would expect the routing described above to start when Mouse Gears and the Umbrella close at the end of the year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since West is being leveled, Construction vehicles are probably going to access it from the Seas side via the access road. Add to the redo of SSE and fountain of nations, I would figure the entire spine being off limits to guests. They would have to build a temporary path via guardians near the east bathrooms and guest relations. Additionally build a larger walkway around Innoventions east by the playground.

A lot of the initial demo prep work will not require rerouting so simple walls will be sufficient for the fall festivals crowd. I would expect the routing described above to start when Mouse Gears and the Umbrella close at the end of the year.
Unless it becomes a half and half walkway labyrinth like in 1994 (West was ironically expanded back then so the same access was broadly needed)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom