Insanity Pricing Officially Reached

unmitigated disaster

I actually think ( and I am in no way an insider) that it probably low. Nowadays between these sites, books and word of mouth, most folks know there are discounts out there. Even if they use a TA, they would get a break.

I'd be surprised if a lot of folks where paying rack
This is my suspicion as well. We hardly ever sell at rack where I work. There are so many discounts. AAA, AARP, third party rates, specials.....

The_Jobu

I don't think anyone can defend that pricing for a value room. For half of that price, you can literally rent an entire 4 bedroom pool house just minutes off-site. Extra magic hours are NOT worth that extra cost. Different strokes for different folks.
Universal really knocked it out of the park with Endless Summer and it’s pricing. Already changing my plans to stay there for a week instead of in a Disney value hotel.

NomeKing88

Universal really knocked it out of the park with Endless Summer and it’s pricing. Already changing my plans to stay there for a week instead of in a Disney value hotel.
The cost and value of UOR hotels is so beyond WDW offerings it’s not even funny. I booked 2 rooms at Universal’s Sapphire Falls last summer and upon checkout my parents refused to believe they were only $215 a night rooms lol. Compare that price (for a nicely themed 4 star hotel) with what Disney has to offer.....

correcaminos

every..time anyone tries to sell me on dvc : laundry and a kitchen! me: omg, I'm a sahm, the only thing that vacation means to me is NO LAUNDRY OR COOKING for 7 days. LMAO. seriously (now, we usually do bagels in the room or whatever for breakfast, because we each grab one while other people are dressing/whatever, but that isn't COOKING). If I'm doing cooking, I better just get a house on a beach for a week- then, at least, the husband is grilling, and I'm just throwing a salad together. lol
Erm, not all of us who enjoy having these things really cook or do laundry while on vacation. We can do frozen pizzas and dinners in the oven. We can have toast with breakfast in the room. Grill a sandwich (not necessarily by me) for dinner. My spouse does the laundry the night before so we fold up clean clothes. I work part time from home and do all the cooking at home. While we enjoy having these things, I don't cook or do laundry. I do come home to clean clothes though.

So if you like small meals in your room DVC is perfect.

Not trying to sell you, but no one says you have to cook to enjoy a kitchen.

That said we're the repeat customer Disney doesn't love. We spend less on food and souvenirs as a whole. I'm sure even including dues and APs, we spend less than a first time visitor staying at a value resort.

John park hopper

Erm, not all of us who enjoy having these things really cook or do laundry while on vacation. We can do frozen pizzas and dinners in the oven. We can have toast with breakfast in the room. Grill a sandwich (not necessarily by me) for dinner. My spouse does the laundry the night before so we fold up clean clothes. I work part time from home and do all the cooking at home. While we enjoy having these things, I don't cook or do laundry. I do come home to clean clothes though.

So if you like small meals in your room DVC is perfect.

Not trying to sell you, but no one says you have to cook to enjoy a kitchen.

That said we're the repeat customer Disney doesn't love. We spend less on food and souvenirs as a whole. I'm sure even including dues and APs, we spend less than a first time visitor staying at a value resort.

Don't say you don't spend as much as first time guests too loudly.. Disney may impose a surtax to compensate for your minimal spending.

correcaminos

Don't say you don't spend as much as first time guests too loudly.. Disney may impose a surtax to compensate for your minimal spending.
Disney is getting my money through yearly MFs so no matter what they are getting money from me. Luckily with DVC, they can't just fee us the way they add on fees to regular rooms LOL

laben594

I stay off site every time I go to WDW. There are so many other hotel/resorts that offer better service and get more for your money than WDW. I mean what do you get for staying on property now a days that you can't get at one of the at neighbor hotel, like Hilton by Disney Springs.

Exactly. We love Wilderness Lodge, but for $200 cheaper we can stay at the Marriott World Center and have excellent service and cleaner facilities. Plus they have Netflix/Hulu which is great after a long day in the parks.

wlodge_man

Do you ever feel like you're this guy and Disney management is sharpening their knives?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom