News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ImperfectPixie

Don't know how true this is but interesting nonetheless..
Depends how you measure it and lots of other factors too of course. Moving at full speed with all vents open, a breeze against the skin will then make you feel cooler. But put a thermometer in the direct sun in the bottom of a cabin and it won't have the benefit of a breeze evaporating sweat and it will read higher than it feels.
Same in a car, the outdoor temperature reading might seem high, but driving along with the windows down you feel a lot cooler than the temperature gauge is reporting.
I'm tempted to think the gondolas hadn't been moving for a while when that temperature was taken, too.

Grimley1968

It sounds possible, if a) the vent windows are closed, b) the gondola isn't moving for a long period of time, such as in those stationary load tests, c) the gondola is in direct sunlight, d) the thermometer is placed in the hottest part of the gondola, e) the outside air temperature is in the mid-90's. In those conditions, I'm frankly surprised the temps aren't even hotter.

But I don't think that will be a normal experience for guests.

Incomudro

Depends how you measure it and lots of other factors too of course. Moving at full speed with all vents open, a breeze against the skin will then make you feel cooler. But put a thermometer in the direct sun in the bottom of a cabin and it won't have the benefit of a breeze evaporating sweat and it will read higher than it feels.
Same in a car, the outdoor temperature reading might seem high, but driving along with the windows down you feel a lot cooler than the temperature gauge is reporting.

Hot humid, air moving through a small box - is still hot, humid air.
There's only so much it can do.
Any claim of comfortable is relative to the humidity and temperature.

bhg469

Agreed, but relying on the guests sweat for cooling is a little disheartening if true.

Monorail_Red_77

How about those ambient lights in the Gondolas.... I watched a vlogger last night that showed two cars on the skyway that had some sort of minor cabin lighting package installed. when the gondola would enter the Epcot station it had a red exterior light. When it left the station it was green.

Grimley1968

How about those ambient lights in the Gondolas.... I watched a vlogger last night that showed two cars on the skyway that had some sort of minor cabin lighting package installed. when the gondola would enter the Epcot station it had a red exterior light. When it left the station it was green.

I was just reading the PttP guy's story that accompanied the video, and he said the red/green exterior light might indicate occupancy (in the future).

GlassHalfFull

This issue was pointed out by EVERYONE who first heard there would be no AC in these units. I would like to point out.. if there is ANY issue with the gondolas loading/unloading any other failure.. and instead of just having 1 monorail that needs rescued(as an engineer having spoke with a company who had been tasked with coming up with a solution to unload a monorail out of the stations) I knew disney's expectations for that failure.. and this will take far longer to unload car by car.. On a particularly hot day Disney will be in a world of hurt potentially if a ton of people have heat issues because they stranded people inside of greenhouses above hot blacktop to roast like a little piggy...

BrianLo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom