Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Movielover

Yeah I get that, but why? Are they going to do that with all of them now? It defeats the purpose of the deltas. I suppose it doesn’t really matter anymore since the trains are automated. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess it’s typical Disney change for the sake of change from someone who probably had no idea what the purpose of those was to begin with.

It's their monorails, if they want to put black deltas on a train then they can put black deltas on a train. This is a really weird thing to complain about, as you said it's not like you are going to mistake it for another train...

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I don’t believe it will happen to all of them.

Door systems were also improved on silver.

For the life of me I can’t understand why they wouldn’t replace the carpet and upgrade the door system on all of them. That makes absolutely no sense.

Edit / I just realized you were talking about the deltas and not the carpet. No caffeine this morning.

s8film40

It's their monorails, if they want to put black deltas on a train then they can put black deltas on a train. This is a really weird thing to complain about, as you said it's not like you are going to mistake it for another train...
It’s not a complaint it’s a question. The deltas serve a purpose this seems to defy that purpose. I’m really just curious if they had a reason and plan behind this or just decided to change it for no reason at all. Given their past I suspect it was changed just for the sake of changing something. Similar to Lime’s removal of the blue deltas due to the manager involved not being aware that they were there for a specific purpose.

Movielover

It’s not a complaint it’s a question. The deltas serve a purpose this seems to defy that purpose. I’m really just curious if they had a reason and plan behind this or just decided to change it for no reason at all. Given their past I suspect it was changed just for the sake of changing something. Similar to Lime’s removal of the blue deltas due to the manager involved not being aware that they were there for a specific purpose.
What, you can't tell the difference between green and ever-so-slightly lighter green? ;)

Who knows why they do these things. Be fun seeing someone trying to figure out the return on investment for the deltas haha!

s8film40

What, you can't tell the difference between green and ever-so-slightly lighter green? ;)

Who knows why they do these things. Be fun seeing someone trying to figure out the return on investment for the deltas haha!
Maybe they were just so happy they finally figured out how to paint them all the same shape, they wanted to keep showing off their new skill.

Movielover

Maybe they were just so happy they finally figured out how to paint them all the same shape, they wanted to keep showing off their new skill.

The stencil guy is just showing his mad skills!
giphy.gif

AVAC Juice

I'm liking the fact that monorail silver has gotten a refreshment. The outside looks great with the new deltas.

I'm not liking the interior so much. It seems a little drab compared to the bright blue seats and wall carpet.

This will get old quickly if the same interior color palate has to be in key with each train color.

A little too trying to be smart and pandering with the graphics. Let the product sell itself.

I've been eagerly awaiting new trains for the last 20 years and will be glad to wait as long as it takes for Disney to find a timeless design that will not be tired and dated in 2 years let alone 30.

Last edited:
So I'm guessing the new door system is being put on all trains after the issues with doors over the last ~2 years, but does anyone know if there were any other mechanical things changed during the refurb?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom