Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

The negotiations were said to be with Bombardier, who made the Mark 6, who has not shown any sort of deal with Disney on any financial reports that are made public roughly every 3 months, and with the amount of money that comes with this type of deal, it would be on that report.

I think the process would normally take something along the lines of 5-7 years including negotiations and customization for the specifications necessary for Disney's beam, but with the rumored backlog of contracts that Bombardier is dealing with, it may take 10 or more years to complete, which may make Disney think twice about finalizing a contract especially with the amount of money that would be involved without seeing the result for that long.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Let’s just say that it wasn’t going to get done by the 50th like Disney would’ve originally wanted.

Well we all know Bombardier has had issues making orders and that they are years behind in delay. I can’t imagine they were going to put a small fleet of 12 in front of a much larger client who was requesting a fleet large enough to handle an urban area.

Did they think because they were the Mouse House they’d jump them to the front of the line?

Rteetz

Well we all know Bombardier has had issues making orders and that they are years behind in delay. I can’t imagine they were going to put a small fleet of 12 in front of a much larger client who was requesting a fleet large enough to handle an urban area.

Did they think because they were the Mouse House they’d jump them to the front of the line?
Bombardier wasn’t the only company Disney was in talks with either but like I said nothing is imminent.

Enough extra cash would solve that problem, but with the state of basically everything else at the moment, that kind of extra padding isn't happening. Not a suggested way of running things either.

Bombardier wasn’t the only company Disney was in talks with either but like I said nothing is imminent.
Sure, but Bombardier would probably be the much preferred company for this considering the current relationship as they have delivered before, and since all the automation and vehicle monitoring systems at the stations are based on the technology on the current monorails, it would be easier to use them again.

Rteetz

Not my photos but a good look.

B7A35936-F64E-42F8-91CE-8F4CAC786956.jpeg
545D5C5B-6764-4F7B-914E-F89E33D0EF53.jpeg

s8film40

Why is there a black delta on the color stripe? The purpose of the delta is to distinguish the difference with similar colors, there isn’t another color even close to silver.

I like the look of the inside though. Are the seats not blue or is that just the lighting in that photo?

Rteetz

Why is there a black delta on the color stripe? The purpose of the delta is to distinguish the difference with similar colors, there isn’t another color even close to silver.

I like the look of the inside though. Are the seats not blue or is that just the lighting in that photo?
It’s a single black delta. Part of the new paint job.

The seats are not blue.

s8film40

It’s a single black delta. Part of the new paint job.
Yeah I get that, but why? Are they going to do that with all of them now? It defeats the purpose of the deltas. I suppose it doesn’t really matter anymore since the trains are automated. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess it’s typical Disney change for the sake of change from someone who probably had no idea what the purpose of those was to begin with.

Rteetz

Yeah I get that, but why? Are they going to do that with all of them now? It defeats the purpose of the deltas. I suppose it doesn’t really matter anymore since the trains are automated. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess it’s typical Disney change for the sake of change from someone who probably had no idea what the purpose of those was to begin with.
I don’t believe it will happen to all of them.

Door systems were also improved on silver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom