Old Key West - 2 bedroom villas

Original Poster
Hello :)

We've been looking to go back to Disney as a large family for some time and found what looked perfect at OKW.
The two-bedroom villas look to give plenty of space and importantly 2 bathrooms, one in each bedroom for use.
When watching recent videos on YouTube some of these villas had additional access to the master bathroom via the laundry room, avoiding the need to walk through the bedroom and disturb family members. (It would also make things a lot easier in the morning)

I've asked the question on the Disney forums and they seem to think these don’t exist. :(
Does anyone have any experience of these rooms and if they do exist (please) and if so where they are located as they appear limited?

Thank you! :)

I've also been looking into OKW Villas for a larger family trip, though I think we settled on the Grand Villa! Anyway, we'd be first timers here so unfortunately I can't really help you much here other than stating I also read that some of the "newer" buildings have the layout where you don't have to walk through a bedroom to access a bathroom. I can't really point out which buildings these may be, though. Sorry! Just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one to think that there are some Villas that are laid out like that.

JaxFLBear

We've been looking to go back to Disney as a large family for some time and found what looked perfect at OKW.
The two-bedroom villas look to give plenty of space and importantly 2 bathrooms, one in each bedroom for use.
When watching recent videos on YouTube some of these villas had additional access to the master bathroom via the laundry room, avoiding the need to walk through the bedroom and disturb family members. (It would also make things a lot easier in the morning)
Buildings numbered 30 and higher have the additional entrance to the master bathroom.

correcaminos

Hello :)

I've asked the question on the Disney forums and they seem to think these don’t exist. :(
Does anyone have any experience of these rooms and if they do exist (please) and if so where they are located as they appear limited?

Thank you! :)
you need better forums ;) As stated buildings 30 and above (so not Hospitality House or Peninsular areas as well as most of Miller's Road) have the second entrance. I'd request South Point or Turtle Pond to get that entrance.

That said the way the entrances are, we have never been disturbed when someone came through the wrong door. The layout with the laundry confuses those who stay with us and they always go through the wrong door. We never notice. Happens at all the resorts honestly in 1 bedrooms. No one uses that bathroom though if we have a 2 bedroom. They always use the 2nd bedroom bathroom.

Original Poster
you need better forums ;) As stated buildings 30 and above (so not Hospitality House or Peninsular areas as well as most of Miller's Road) have the second entrance. I'd request South Point or Turtle Pond to get that entrance.

That said the way the entrances are, we have never been disturbed when someone came through the wrong door. The layout with the laundry confuses those who stay with us and they always go through the wrong door. We never notice. Happens at all the resorts honestly in 1 bedrooms. No one uses that bathroom though if we have a 2 bedroom. They always use the 2nd bedroom bathroom.

Haha :)

Thanks everybody.

Just to check are buildings 62-64 in the hospitality house area also with the laundry entrance?
We wont have a car so ideally dont want to walk great distances to get some food/drinks :)

correcaminos

Haha :)

Thanks everybody.

Just to check are buildings 62-64 in the hospitality house area also with the laundry entrance?
We wont have a car so ideally dont want to walk great distances to get some food/drinks :)
62-64 are not considered Hospitality House, they are Miller's Road to clarify on that. They are often requested because they have elevators as well you can use, so you can request but realize they are popular.

Turtle Pond also has a pool bar though, so if you ask around there you'll be close to QS at least. IMO OKW isn't that unwalkable, but we're used to walking a lot here.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Request building 45 or 46, top floor. I'm convinced that's the most peaceful location in all of Walt Disney World.

I can not agree more here! We stayed top floor building 46 last year and it was great! It was so quiet in this area and I actually felt like I was going home each day after we left the park. The view from the balcony is so peaceful. What I loved about it the most was that you get to see the boat that travels to and from Disney Springs drive past. It's just a little touch that makes it even better.

The 2 BR villas at Old Key West, I believe, are the biggest in square footage compared to all the other villas so you'll have plenty of room. You are also a close walk to the Bus stop and maybe a 5-10 walk to the Hospitality house.

We are staying at OKW this upcoming November and I will be requesting top floor in building 46.

Also to get to Hospitality House you can take any bus, it is the last stop before the bus leaves the resort. The Disney springs bus will take you back to your area bus stop.

correcaminos

Also to get to Hospitality House you can take any bus, it is the last stop before the bus leaves the resort. The Disney springs bus will take you back to your area bus stop.

Just also ask the bus driver too if it's busy because if it gets full they will leave before going to HH, then HH will bring in a different bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom