Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

jt04

They should transplant everything from Diamond Horseshoe (starring Woody) all the way to Pecos Bill over to the FW/WL resort.

lazyboy97o

I agree with that, if the attraction remains unchanged for the foreseeable future. But if there's something afoot to overlay it, like adding Moana (which they did not deny in the post) then I think they look foolish for coming out so strong against the rumors.
Didn’t you know? Moana was part of Walt’s original plans for the Tiki Room! They’d actually be keeping Walt’s vision of a movie-based show by changing the Birds.

seascape

I miss Spirit because he’s a true industry insider who knows what’s going on and isn’t afraid to speak the truth.

His style could be abrasive, but I think that was often due to his frustration with pixie-dusting fans who balked at his legitimate knowledge because (for example) they loved the new cupcakes while he was warning about the exec leadership changes.
I miss him too but he was starting to lose it. Oncw he started to make hos posts personal attacts on Iger, he was lost. I always loked his posts and inside information but at the end he let his views go too far. I am grateful for the insiders we still have and believe they are more truthful and honest.

KevinPage

I find it funny that Corless and others might be upset about DPB doing some name calling. Yet on a regular basis he refers to Bob Chapek as a robot and plays Mr. Roboto. Which whatever, if that’s how you feel. But then don’t complain when the same thing happens to you

When it comes to comedy you are supposed to punch UP (not DOWN). Disney is a corporation, so therefore needs to be above it all and not be suckered into a petty war of words by a single fan/fan site.

DeletedAccount55555

The site that shall not be named now has another self-serving post acting as if it's the champion of all that is good and righteous in the Disney community, and criticizing people who point out their reported rumors that end up being wrong (like the "Lords of the Rings" theme park rights story).

He also included a long list of rumors he says he first reported and which later came to pass, and I'm curious as to how many were really first mentioned on this board or elsewhere that he then took credit for.

Stevek

CC2C026C-3393-4FEB-BE94-10857E5DACE5.jpeg

If this is the most frustrating day of his life...ugh. He truly doesn’t have a grip on the real world.

ToTBellHop

The site that shall not be named now has another self-serving post acting as if it's the champion of all that is good and righteous in the Disney community, and criticizing people who point out their reported rumors that end up being wrong (like the "Lords of the Rings" theme park rights story).

He also included a long list of rumors he says he first reported and which later came to pass, and I'm curious as to how many were really first mentioned on this board or elsewhere that he then took credit for.
Hot take: if we despise TC so much, perhaps stop reading his website. Don’t give Clickbait the clicks.

britain

I miss Spirit because he’s a true industry insider who knows what’s going on and isn’t afraid to speak the truth.

His style could be abrasive, but I think that was often due to his frustration with pixie-dusting fans who balked at his legitimate knowledge because (for example) they loved the new cupcakes while he was warning about the exec leadership changes.

It is unfortunate that we have no modern gadfly like Al Lutz used to be.

However, Al never lashed out at dismissive fans. Spirit should have been a legitimate blogger with a site of his/her own rather than a voice on these forums who acted like he owned the place.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

A lot of it could be verified using http://wdwthemeparks.com/. Right off the bat I will call out the Skyliner, he may have been the first new site to post it (by a few hours at the most), but it was based on the research done by me and others here.

rle4lunch

It is unfortunate that we have no modern gadfly like Al Lutz used to be.

However, Al never lashed out at dismissive fans. Spirit should have been a legitimate blogger with a site of his/her own rather than a voice on these forums who acted like he owned the place.

Ya, he/she was quite the pompous a$$. Deriding everyone.

Last edited:

DAR1974

Hot take: if we despise TC so much, perhaps stop reading his website. Don’t give Clickbait the clicks.

I had the app downloaded because every once in awhile l liked listening to WDWNTunes. I removed it. Not because of the whole rumor thing, but the more I've heard about the type of person he is I can't support that. Besides there's tons of sites where I can get a Disney Park music fix.

ToTBellHop

I had the app downloaded because every once in awhile l liked listening to WDWNTunes. I removed it. Not because of the whole rumor thing, but the more I've heard about the type of person he is I can't support that. Besides there's tons of sites where I can get a Disney Park music fix.
And there are tons of fan sites. This one is widely regarded as the best.

britain

shout out to dizavenue.com!

Mouse Trap

My experience in the theme park industry had plenty wild and outlandish ideas shot around and developed then filed away in a cabinet to one day - maybe - be reopened.

Hundreds of absurd ideas bounced around and made it to various stages of "blue sky" development. Countless of these ideas were reopened, laughed at and then disregarded even though they were at one time part of a long term multi-decade contingency plan (that was constantly fluid and changing almost weekly).

If someone in Imagineering shot the idea across the table to remove Tiki Birds/CBJ and a in-depth meeting was held about how it could be done and what could potentially replace it...is that really such a serious thing now?

If that's the case I would've considered 20+ rides/shows that were on some form of a chopping block...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom