Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Cmdr_Crimson

Ha ha! It's a smackdown..

To the site we know of...
1421188070907.jpg

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

In all seriousness though and playing devil's advocate, the Disney Park blog does state...

That statement doesn't seem to exclude the idea of a major change to the show to incorporate Moana (or some other character) while keeping the birds (not unlike what they unsuccessfully did with Iago and Zazu in Orlando or more successfully did with Stitch in Japan). Again, just playing devil's advocate here...

My takeaway from the post was the same. Although the Tiki Birds will not fly the coop, stories evolve. So, guests will continue to see the beloved Tiki Birds, albeit as the chorus of a new offering in which Moana is lead.

Also, to me, it seems as though the Country Bear Jamboree will, in fact, close. Both rumors could have been addressed in the same position statement.

Notes from Neverland

As if it needed to be said again ...
These are the situations where my appreciation for @marni1971 just continues to grow. He'll mention / hint at a rumor and be on with his day. He's humble and is a wealth of amazing knowledge.
Then on the total opposite side of the coin is the person behind the site that can't be named and his massive ego and attitude. He thinks he's the story, not just someone discussing the story.

Last edited:

NeedMoreMickey

That's fair and I'm sure there are many guests that share your thoughts on it as well. I know there are many of my family members that wouldn't give two pennies on this attraction. Nobody needs to like 100% of everything in MK. I guess the purpose of these discussions is how can we balance the old with the new?
This is true. I would love to see the County Bears stay around, maybe updated a little.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As if it needed to be said again ...
These are the situations where my appreciation for @marni1971 just continues to grow. He'll mention / hint at a rumor and be on with his day. He's humble and is a wealth of amazing knowledge.
Then on the total opposite side of the coin is the person behind the site that can't be named and his massive ego and attitude. He think he's the story, not just someone discussing the story.
Thank you.

I’d still be quite surprised if neither venue saw no changes in the near future.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

1421188070907.jpg

"We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources." :hilarious:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

1421188070907.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I just wanted it to be clear, it isn't only them spreading wild rumors and causing issues on twitter, they also took someone else's photo, used it without permission from that photographer, then when the photographer advised they can use it on their site for a fee....they claimed extortion.

SteamboatJoe

A few pages late, but my understanding of MK being part of the Florida Project was that:

a) Walt wanted to take the opportunity to "correct" the things that they didn't/couldn't get "right" at Disneyland; i.e. blessing of size and complete immersion

b) It was needed so that investors/bankers would believe in and support such a large, ambitious, and unprecedented project

c) It was needed to generate the revenue needed to build the EPCOT concept (Walt's vision)

If the Florida Project had really been primarily about MK, they probably would've placed it in the center of the resort, instead of at the northern edge. When you look at the first WDW napkin sketch and even the more refined drawing Walt pitched, if you didn't know any better, MK would seem like an afterthought thrown up in the corner to fill some space.

Sped2424

TOM JUST GOT THE BIGGEST SLAP I HAVE EVER SEEN.

KBLovedDisney

1421188070907.jpg
Ha...some of my childhood is in that picture.

*Cough*

Carry on.

Bocabear

A few pages late, but my understanding of MK being part of the Florida Project was that:

a) Walt wanted to take the opportunity to "correct" the things that they didn't/couldn't get "right" at Disneyland; i.e. blessing of size and complete immersion

b) It was needed so that investors/bankers would believe in and support such a large, ambitious, and unprecedented project

c) It was needed to generate the revenue needed to build the EPCOT concept (Walt's vision)

If the Florida Project had really been primarily about MK, they probably would've placed it in the center of the resort, instead of at the northern edge. When you look at the first WDW napkin sketch and even the more refined drawing Walt pitched, if you didn't know any better, MK would seem like an afterthought thrown up in the corner to fill some space.
Yes!! Agreed! But it was still part of the phase one plan that Walt himself Signed off on... for the most part...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom