Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Donaldfan1934

Aside from the obvious issue of this change involving the closure of an opening day attraction, there are 3 things about it that don’t add up.
  1. Disney tried adding IP to the Tiki Room before and it backfired on them both literally and metaphorically.
  2. The theater’s set-up is too small and too specific to naturally integrate the elements necessary.
  3. Even if they were able to find a some way to integrate the necessary elements, Moana is an IP deserving of a much grander attraction built from the ground up with a higher capacity.
Granted, none of what I said is to suggest that this rumor is unlikely come to fruition. Just reasons as to why the decision making behind it would make no sense.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Aside from the obvious issue of this change involving the closure of an opening day attraction, there are 3 things about it that don’t add up.
  1. Disney tried adding IP to the Tiki Room before and it backfired on them both literally and metaphorically.
  2. The theater’s set-up is too small and too specific to naturally integrate the elements necessary.
  3. Even if they were able to find a some way to integrate the necessary elements, Moana is an IP deserving of a much grander attraction built from the ground up with a higher capacity.
Granted, none of what I said means that this rumor won’t come to fruition. Just reasons as to why the decision making behind it would make no sense.

Well, you know, if they can shoehorn Frozen into Maelstrom...

Imagineer999

Granted, none of what I said is to suggest that this rumor is unlikely come to fruition. Just reasons as to why the decision making behind it would make no sense.

@marni1971 reported that something could happen to Tiki Room, including a Moana overlay.

ToTBellHop

I wonder what characters from Moana could even fill the space. There aren’t that many talking characters outside of humans.

Imagineer999

More of a Disneyland point, but which Maui is the definitive Disney Maui? The carved one standing in the waiting area? Or the animated Dwayne Johnson?

I think that depends on who you're asking. The large demographic of average guests will define Maui as the Dwayne Johnson version. The locals, annual passholders, and diehard Disney Parks fans will define Maui as the carved version.

Donaldfan1934

I wonder what characters from Moana could even fill the space. There aren’t that many talking characters outside of humans.
That’s exactly my point. As far as I know, the only way a human animatronic could be integrated would be to have one pop out of the center of the room like Uh-Oa from Under New Management or Stitch from the TDL version. Considering that a human is very different in nature from a Tiki Godess or a small blue alien, having one just standing there as a centerpiece would come off as pretty awkward.

britain

That’s exactly my point. As far as I know, the only way a human animatronic could be integrated would be to have one pop out of the center of the room like Uh-Oa from Under New Management or Stitch from the TDL version. Considering that a human is very different in nature from a Tiki Godess or a small blue alien, having one just standing there as a centerpiece would come off as pretty awkward.

I suspect there will be a few “windows“ and even a roof that gets removed in order to see some of the bigger characters... In projection form of course!

And they’re most likely going to go with a live Moana. It’s a princess meet and greet!

Donaldfan1934

I suspect there will be a few “windows“ and even a roof that gets removed in order to see some of the bigger characters... In projection form of course!

And they’re most likely going to go with a live Moana. It’s a princess meet and greet!
A meet & greet!?!? That sounds even worse than what I was thinking.

FigmentJedi

Can't it just be that Beauty and the Beast Tiki Room concept from Paris and just be a live actress interacting with animatronics?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom