Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

jaxj21

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Tiki Room: a possible contender of multiple plans is to replace Tiki Room with something else. Multiple sources say such a plan, along with others, exists [strong]
  • no new builds expected [weak], the Tiki Exterior will remain even if the interior changes [weak], it won't be Club 33
  • Moana is front runner to join the birds, possibly [here]
  • @Ronnie Sanford in a post now gone, posted 'to see the Tikis while you can' on June 20, 2019

Janir

I would hate to see the Tiki Room become another victim to the IP curse. But if they could find a way to incorporate Moana (the best movie since Princess and The Frog) alongside the birds, I wouldn't be opposed if done tastefully. Sadly Disney has yet to figure out a way to do this.
Just add in Hei Hei and call it a day. Remember what they did with the Iago and Zazu takeover of the TIki room a few years back? Even that seemed to go over like a lead balloon.

FigmentFan82

I feel like I read some chatter here that hinted the Tiki Room might be replaced. I think the rumors hold some weight, but I would hate to see the Tiki Room go.

However, I unabashedly love the film Moana and would love to see an attraction featuring this IP. A brand new attraction would obviously be the best option, but if they were to incorporate Moana into the Tiki Room (if done well) I guess it's not the absolute worst thing in the world. I know we can't cling on to the past forever. I just hope whatever they do it isn't cheap.

Magenta Panther

Just add in Hei Hei and call it a day. Remember what they did with the Iago and Zazu takeover of the TIki room a few years back? Even that seemed to go over like a lead balloon.

And then lo, the wrath of Walt descended upon the Tiki Room desecration and fire did rain down upon it. And behold, the Tiki Room was restored, the Tiki Gods were appeased and the peasants (park guests) rejoiced. But the evil demon Chapek vowed revenge and plotted further desecrations using less successful IPs (Moana was no Lion King). For Chapek cares only for gold and in its pursuit will callously blaspheme the legacy of Walt. Chapek also smells bad and even his hair, appalled by his villainy and greed, has deserted him, for lo, his hair follicles threw up.

Anyhoo, Chapek needs to be fired immediately. Literally fired. By fire. Preferably via volcano.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom