What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Phroobar

I never said it doesn't increase wait times for those in stand-by or generate more crowding outside the queues. But it would probably need to be removed entirely from the resort to significantly affect the wait times.
Sorry. Fast pass is ride specific. What is going on at Peter Pan has nothing to do with what is happening at the Space Mountain.

JD2000

Sorry. Fast pass is ride specific. What is going on at Peter Pan has nothing to do with what is happening at the Space Mountain.
But guests hold FastPass and wait in other queues, that increases wait times across the entire resort. They are in two queues at once. I agree with you too. But as it stands, adding Smuggler's Run would only benefit those who don't find it comfortable to spend a lot of time in queue. It would not significantly worsen overall crowding.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
For years everyone has complained that Disneyland is too packed. Now that they have fixed many crowding issues every complains that the place is empty. There is no pleasing this place. Trolls will be trolls I guess.

I don’t think anyone but the empty suits that run Disney are complaining that Disneyland is empty now. Quit trying to stir the pot here.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m not complaining... I’m scared for the future. If this under-performs we could see a lot of things get cancelled for better or worse. I’m talking about a total freeze on spending.... (runaway rail, Tron, etc.) - that’s worst case scenario but it’s all possible.

At the very least they can cut entertainment down.... frozen / fantasmic to 5 nights a week, less entertainers in the park, etc.

Curious Constance

If it underperforms, one thing we can be sure about is Disney execs will take away all the wrong lessons from it and continue to make incorrect decisions for the future.

Cancelling of Tron doesn’t seem worse case scenario to me though. That actually sounds good to me. I just worry they will think theme park attendees don’t care about quality after all and assume we all want more Pixar Piers.

Last edited:

TP2000

Just to provide some consistency to this fun thread, here's the peak afternoon wait times for Day 2 of open access to Star Wars Land.

Unlike yesterday, they have not turned on the Virtual Queue and Star Wars Land remains open access to anyone who wants to wander in through any three entrance points. Also unlike yesterday, the June Gloom marine layer never burned off and it's overcast and cooler today, currently cloudy and 68 degrees in Anaheim.

But like yesterday, the crowds are still sparse and the lines are surprisingly short at 3:45pm.

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Grizzly River Run - 5 Minutes
Incredicoaster, Thunder Mountain, Star Tours - 10 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds, Submarines - 15 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Soarin' Over California - 25 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 30 Minutes
Millennium Falcon - 60 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 80 Minutes

fctiger

I’m not complaining... I’m scared for the future. If this under-performs we could see a lot of things get cancelled for better or worse. I’m talking about a total freeze on spending.... (runaway rail, Tron, etc.) - that’s worst case scenario but it’s all possible.

At the very least they can cut entertainment down.... frozen / fantasmic to 5 nights a week, less entertainers in the park, etc.

This post reminds me of how people react every time the gas prices go up. It goes up for a few months, its suddenly a 'crisis', all the talking heads on the news are forecasting long term problems, politicians are pointing the fingers, people start talking about getting actual cheaper gas efficient cars, etc and then they drop again, no one cares any longer and forgets all about it, until they rise again a year later.

This is the same deal. A few weeks isn't going to put hold to plans that are literally years down the line, especially for something that just opened. I mean sure if it really was a bust then they would shift course in some way, but we are probably talking after a year of it not performing. And its not getting attendance because people don't care about it (although plenty don't), but because so many were scared away. How many posts have people read on other boards saying they were going to steer clear of the park for the first few months because they were afraid of the crowds?

Its no reason to be 'scared' of the future. DCA being a dud is probably what got us so much in that resort today. Disney knows end of the day the only way to get people is to build high quality attraction and shows. Shanghai proved that in droves after DCA, WDSP and HKDL were duds at opening. They learned their lesson. They may not build another billion dollar land lol but honestly they never needed to do it either.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Or better... What we need is for the WDC to become private.
That wouldn't necessarily make a difference. Going private just takes Wall Street out of the equation. There are still stakeholders and a BoD involved that would demand a return on their investment.

Going private also usually means lots of cost cutting measures since you no longer have Wall Street backed funding.

Basically going private at this point would probably make things in the Parks a lot worse before it ever got better.

Rich T

That wouldn't necessarily make a difference. Going private just takes Wall Street out of the equation. There are still stakeholders and a BoD involved that would demand a return on their investment.

Going private also usually means lots of cost cutting measures since you no longer have Wall Street backed funding.

Basically going private at this point would probably make things in the Parks a lot worse before it ever got better.
It needs to be become a well-run family park... With the family being a group of highly intelligent, imaginative, motivated people who know Disney history and care so much about Disneyland that they' be willing to live modestly for the rest of their lives, always putting the park's benefit ahead of personal financial gain. They'd know where to cut corners (hint: Exec perks, Exec salaries, and Imagineering "research" B.S.) and where to NEVER cut corners in keeping the park healthy and exciting.

Our... er... I mean *their* goals: Happy Cast, Happy Guests, Happy Park.

This group of highly intelligent, imaginative, motivated people would always agree 100% on everything. Not one argument about new attractions and changes at all. No Sir. Perfect harmony. :D

fctiger

Or better... What we need is for the WDC to become private.

I think that would have the complete opposite effect. I highly doubt WDC would be spending a billion dollars on a single land, not to mention the billions in all the other parks if it was in the hands of a few people. I know on some places on the internet everything Disney is doing with the DLR are the end of days, but they have pumped literally billions of dollars into it in just the last 10 years. We gotten two massive lands, CL and now GE, not to mention quite a few E and D tickets, big shows like WOC and a huge upkeep of the park, with constant mini updates and changes. I know some people don't like some of the results but there is zero guarantee it would be different with anyone else, especially they are told changes increases revenue.

For all you know, they may just decide to build a bunch of hotels and nothing more. Or throw in Walmart type stores in the parks. Seriously it could be a lot, lot worse. Someone may even decide Lincoln is a total waste of operational money and turn it into a McDonald's restaurant. At least it will get people inside for a change. ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom