What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Building the same thing on both coasts is certainly going to cut down on demand as well.

Also... isn’t this kinda odd timing Star Wars wise? The big re-hype of the new movies has calmed down a bit correct?

Star Wars hype built when there was a vacuum of content... now there has been a steady stream of content (that also takes away from the ideal fantasy...) for over a decade. That makes new Star Wars less of an “event” in general.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Even if it’s not great for the press... I’m glad disney was in the defense with this land opening instead of just throwing people to the wolves. It’s far easier to relax restrictions than to apply new ones on short notice.

I imagine the crowds will normalize in a few weeks when people realize the hype was more hot air than impact.

I do think the phased opening is playing a big part too

TP2000

But lets wait until the end of the year and after the opening of RotR before we jump to that conclusion.

Agreed! This is a short-term phenomenon.

They really need to get that Resistance ride open, and they needed it four weeks ago. I imagine the heat is turning up on Imagineering over that blunder.

They also need to get out from underneath the messy publicity campaign they created for themselves... "Don't Just Show Up And Think You Can Waltz In Like You Own The Joint, Reservations Only! You Must Stay At A Disney Hotel! Okay, now it's a Virtual Queue! Download the App... Never mind, visit us NOW! You guys, we're open. Please?"

Even the slightly dysfunctional marketing messages they've been offering the past 60 days is a short-term phenomenon. All of it will pass.

But it is quite interesting to watch play out here. None of us thought this was how it would go down in June and July. 🧐

Last edited:

Phroobar

So sorry, I forgot about you.

None of us except @Phrubruh thought this was how it would go down in June and July.
tenor.gif

Rich T

Large set pieces and audio animatronics. It’s what I’ve been craving.
Unpleasant, dreary world. Boring characters in a struggle I couldn't care less about. I'm actually less excited about RotR than any other major attraction in Disney history. Looking forward to seeing the tech in action, though--and also curious if some John Williams music can add some soul to it.

TROR

Unpleasant, dreary world. Boring characters in a struggle I couldn't care less about. I'm actually less excited about RotR than any other major attraction in Disney history. Looking forward to seeing the tech in action, though--and also curious if some John Williams music can add some soul to it.
RotR is set on a Star Destroyer. I hope there’s a very minimal amount of characters we know on the ride and it’s mostly Stormtroopers, officers, and Rebel fighters. That said we know Kylo’s on it (hopefully an AA) and I believe Poe has been confirmed as well.

WDW Pro

RotR is set on a Star Destroyer. I hope there’s a very minimal amount of characters we know on the ride and it’s mostly Stormtroopers, officers, and Rebel fighters. That said we know Kylo’s on it (hopefully an AA) and I believe Poe has been confirmed as well.

And you know what's amazing? If that ride was based on the original characters with AA representations of the original trilogy, the ride would have hours of people waiting to get on. But they've planted their flag in the ground and they're not changing until it shows up on the bottomline... and that's pretty much now.

RobWDW1971

Noon on Day 2 - they haven't had need to use boarding groups. Falcon has only a 45 minute wait and rest of both parks dead (Pirates and Splash 10, Guardians 25, Indy 30)

Not what they had planned. You don't spend hundred of millions of dollars to generate LESS revenue.

Release the blackouts!

Phroobar

Noon on Day 2 - they haven't had need to use boarding groups. Falcon has only a 45 minute wait and rest of both parks dead (Pirates and Splash 10, Guardians 25, Indy 30)

Not what they had planned. You don't spend hundred of millions of dollars to generate LESS revenue.

Release the blackouts!
Sorry but your cherry bomb fizzled out.

Phroobar

It is my opinion any ride that is (or would be) 30 minutes or longer without it, needs it, regardless. How long do you find it comfortable?
That's your opinion however it is wrong. It's my opinion that no ride that has an efficient queuing system that needs fast pass. All it does is creates two lines. One that is favored 5 to 1 making the longer standby line overflow into pathways. It's been proven time and again that fast pass creates crowding and slows down queues and reduces guest enjoyment.

JD2000

I never said it doesn't increase wait times for those in stand-by or generate more crowding outside the queues. But it would probably need to be removed entirely from the resort to significantly affect the wait times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom