News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Castle Cake Apologist

I liked the hand and the wand, if it had just been that I would have been OK with it staying. My deal breaker was the scattering of stars not attached to the wand but, directly attached on SSE. That part just seemed like a cheapening of SSE. I felt that there were so many people that really thought that Epcot was not part of Disney (not to bright, I'll admit) that Mickey's hand holding the wand connected Epcot to WDW for them and sort of gave it a feeling of fun, not just "serious" topics within. That said, I personally don't miss it all that much. The hat to me would have probably been alright near the entrance, but, it was an eyesore where it was and worse, what it was. Just a pin store.

Yeah, the hat should have never been put in place as the park icon. I liked the structure (especially at night), but the placement was just terrible. Completely out of place and out of scale.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, the hat should have never been put in place as the park icon. I liked the structure (especially at night), but the placement was just terrible. Completely out of place and out of scale.
The reality was that the Hat was never put there to be an Icon, it was to celebrate Walt Disney's 100th birthday. It was supposed to come down after the year, at least that is what everyone was told. The hand and wand was there to celebrate Y2K. I hated how it looked with the numbers 2000 on it. The type style of the 2000 just didn't fit the display. When they took out the number and replaced it with Epcot the lettering was in the proper proportion with the hand and wand.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Cue the humorous photoshops...

You're to blame...

The Empress Lilly

What's more exciting, this or when the Sorcerer Hat was removed?
Ooh...good question!

1 Wand
2 BAH
3 Tombstones

The BAH removal feels meaningless already, followed as it was with the removal of the GMR. Likewise the EPCOT entrance restoration already feels like Pyrrhic victory, with it being part of a wholesale destruction project of the very park it pays tribute to.

Goofyernmost

Not gonna lie, I kinda like the way those floor lights look at night.
They do look kind of cool in the picture, but, random bright lighting from the ground must just look confusing when you are at ground zero. No pattern, no reason and maybe even disorienting to have bright lights shining in your eyes and not knowing what or if they mean anything. I don't expect it to last or at least not last without some spin as to their existence.

brb1006

Agreed, something really interesting and different about that. How cool would it be if they were able to incorporate the fiber optic patterns like the ones outside the former Innoventions into the new main entrance? That would be memorable to say the least!
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who wants to see that. I remember being suprised seeing the fiber optic patterns around Innoventions and wished they had that at more locations around Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom