Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

93boomer

Premium Member
While we did not receive Shirley Status in being seated immediately, the Shirley Status of being seated in a private area was apparent.

View attachment 383161

But the folks behind Em had exclusive Shirley Status.....a table by the window!

View attachment 383159

Perhaps because we’d made a last minute decision to dine here and had no expectations....or we were just so happy and relaxed....but lunch blew us away.

We had a hard time deciding what to order.

View attachment 383160

We started with the Burnt Ends Nachos. The Lodge has a smokehouse (one of the reasons for our enclosed balcony ~ the smokehouse was beneath it) and the resulting fork-tender meats have an amazing smoky flavor, no sauce required.

View attachment 383163

Crispy, hearty, so so good! We devoured them.

We also ordered sandwiches, under the pretext “we don’t have to finish them.”

Bison burger with Tillamook white cheddar for Em. She subbed regular fries for the suggested sweet potato fries.

View attachment 383164

Grilled chicken sandwich with roasted red pepper aioli for me. (And before you say, “you didn’t have the turkey?!” @Songbird76 ~ roasted red pepper anything > turkey. Every time.)

View attachment 383165

The fries were hot and perfectly seasoned. The burger was melt-in-your-mouth juicy. The chicken was yum-o.

We didn’t have to finish our sandwiches. But we did.

Our server was fun and participated in some of the shenanigans that go on in Whispering Canyon. She asked Em, “Would you like a refill of your Coke?” Em nodded.

This showed up.

View attachment 383166
(For size reference, Em’s original glass is on the left.)

Though the atmosphere is less rowdy during lunch (due to fewer diners) we laughed as others received excessive ketchup, were put in “jail” and hobbled around the dining room on a toy pony.

With amount of food Em and I consumed, we couldn’t possibly have room for dessert, right?

Wrong.

View attachment 383167

The warm chocolate ganache lava cake....a WC specialty....is a MUST.

View attachment 383168

We shared it. Em ate off one side and I ate off the other to avoid giving her my germs. We couldn’t finish it (though our mouths really wanted to!)

Stuffed, I suggested we go for a walk.
We both laughed at the coke refill!🤣 I would never make it through all that food!😜It looked yummy though!

Tuvalu

Original Poster
The rain put a damper....literally....on our original plan for the evening.

Our attempt to visit Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace over Spring Break had ended in futility. Em wanted a redo, so we’d scheduled it for our first night. But it’s no fun to drink and dine on an outdoor terrace during inclement weather.

Plan B
AA46ABD7-4811-4123-BA5B-EA12A15BA3A5.jpeg

To be honest, going to MK was part of the original plan. We had FPs. But Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace was supposed to be first on our itinerary.

So instead of hitting FP #1 at the end of our window, we arrived at the beginning. Found ourselves at the end of a very long FP line.

0480AF3E-72DA-4B47-8DE7-40F1D743AB9B.jpeg

But worth every minute waiting!

D6B5A589-A965-47A1-B71A-238D759B762C.jpeg

AE641B55-1B3E-4167-B45E-11269402F01E.jpeg

We had some time to kill. It had been a few hours since our enormous lunch, so why not eat again?

Pinocchio Village Haus. Em’s choice.

BF740675-791E-4D23-A100-8EB528BF5E11.jpeg

We shared an order of breadsticks and a chicken parm sandwich with fries. Because we hadn’t had our fill of fries for the day. :hilarious:

EE97CC60-EF95-4774-9850-634F4C537AD6.jpeg

While eating there were several thunder claps, followed by a downpour. So much for our next FP. There would be no Big Thunder Mountain ride tonight. :arghh:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
We lingered in the Haus until the worst of the rain was over. I suggested using our former BTMRR FP on Space Mountain.

But the FP line was massive. Seems everyone else who had a FP for a closed outdoor attraction had chosen Space Mountain as their replacement.

Plan B

35CF754A-15D0-4F02-8616-98006C34EE19.jpeg

We got to see the Tron track before enclosure (it does get partially enclosed @amjt660, doesn’t it?)

788953FB-252A-4BDA-B4E5-A76EB06A80DF.jpeg

While onboard TTA we decided to use our FP on Pirates. We crossed the hub to get to Adventureland.

It was drizzling.
175B12C9-66B7-4C09-81A9-EC8092E6DE67.jpeg

As we passed the Sunglass Hut, something caught Em’s eye.

292233DD-AAEF-489A-84B6-922D6503D2BA.jpeg

E2F21D06-F00A-452A-ABBE-C789CEDD9777.jpeg

She resisted temptation. For now.

The Tiki misters weren’t necessary tonight!

11FBA12C-7BFE-458D-A00D-3EB84F3591FE.jpeg

AD8EF8E0-0C3B-4000-93C5-02F435D512E8.jpeg

Last time we rode Pirates we got blasted by the water cannons.

We weren’t taking any chances this time.

D019A0F5-1408-4F93-9769-29C9BD921531.jpeg

BB4DB664-9E14-4735-96F3-A567AF5C1247.jpeg

We may look like dweebs, but at least we weren’t attempting a picture of the Photopass camera. (Or is she taking a selfie??)

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Upon exiting Pirates....dry I might add 😉....we received notification that our final FP had become a Multiple Experience Pass.

There would be no Splash Mountain ride tonight either. :arghh:

But perhaps we could return to ride it at 4 am?

7D69119B-23A7-4CED-93EC-D9882AAB6CAF.jpeg

We opted not to try it. :hilarious:

Instead we made our way out of the park, forsaking the FP. Light rain had resumed and we were done with rain.

Back at the Lodge, we popped into Roaring Fork to check out the dessert offerings. Soft serve ice cream with M&Ms and Oreo crumbles? Yes, please!

3DF69C0D-A3C1-4B52-9CD9-C3230CEEED6F.jpeg

We were in our room at 9:14 pm.

At 9:15 pm, we were out on our balcony enjoying this:

94F668A6-022B-47E9-8314-12C8A232AC54.jpeg

57E505ED-5658-471B-9C3C-92040EEDEB20.jpeg

Can’t think of a better way to end the day!

93boomer

Premium Member
We lingered in the Haus until the worst of the rain was over. I suggested using our former BTMRR FP on Space Mountain.

But the FP line was massive. Seems everyone else who had a FP for a closed outdoor attraction had chosen Space Mountain as their replacement.

Plan B

View attachment 383205

We got to see the Tron track before enclosure (it does get partially enclosed @amjt660, doesn’t it?)

View attachment 383213

While onboard TTA we decided to use our FP on Pirates. We crossed the hub to get to Adventureland.

It was drizzling.
View attachment 383206

As we passed the Sunglass Hut, something caught Em’s eye.

View attachment 383208

View attachment 383207

She resisted temptation. For now.

The Tiki misters weren’t necessary tonight!

View attachment 383209

View attachment 383210

Last time we rode Pirates we got blasted by the water cannons.

We weren’t taking any chances this time.

View attachment 383211

View attachment 383212
We may look like dweebs, but at least we weren’t attempting a picture of the Photopass camera. (Or is she taking a selfie??)
I hope Em bought them! I have a pair too!😊

krisri18

While we did not receive Shirley Status in being seated immediately, the Shirley Status of being seated in a private area was apparent.

View attachment 383161

But the folks behind Em had exclusive Shirley Status.....a table by the window!

View attachment 383159

Perhaps because we’d made a last minute decision to dine here and had no expectations....or we were just so happy and relaxed....but lunch blew us away.

We had a hard time deciding what to order.

View attachment 383160

We started with the Burnt Ends Nachos. The Lodge has a smokehouse (one of the reasons for our enclosed balcony ~ the smokehouse was beneath it) and the resulting fork-tender meats have an amazing smoky flavor, no sauce required.

View attachment 383163

Crispy, hearty, so so good! We devoured them.

We also ordered sandwiches, under the pretext “we don’t have to finish them.”

Bison burger with Tillamook white cheddar for Em. She subbed regular fries for the suggested sweet potato fries.

View attachment 383164

Grilled chicken sandwich with roasted red pepper aioli for me. (And before you say, “you didn’t have the turkey?!” @Songbird76 ~ roasted red pepper anything > turkey. Every time.)

View attachment 383165

The fries were hot and perfectly seasoned. The burger was melt-in-your-mouth juicy. The chicken was yum-o.

We didn’t have to finish our sandwiches. But we did.

Our server was fun and participated in some of the shenanigans that go on in Whispering Canyon. She asked Em, “Would you like a refill of your Coke?” Em nodded.

This showed up.

View attachment 383166
(For size reference, Em’s original glass is on the left.)

Though the atmosphere is less rowdy during lunch (due to fewer diners) we laughed as others received excessive ketchup, were put in “jail” and hobbled around the dining room on a toy pony.

With amount of food Em and I consumed, we couldn’t possibly have room for dessert, right?

Wrong.

View attachment 383167

The warm chocolate ganache lava cake....a WC specialty....is a MUST.

View attachment 383168

We shared it. Em ate off one side and I ate off the other to avoid giving her my germs. We couldn’t finish it (though our mouths really wanted to!)

Stuffed, I suggested we go for a walk.
I seriously thought that was just a cauldron of melted chocolate... Which I totally would have ordered. Lol

BuckyMom

Just caught up. I arrived the day you guys left. The rain certainly did come down, down, down and down some more... My "L" was there with the graduation troop starting that Sunday, 6-9. I will continue to wish for a coveted Tuvalu card.

Tuvalu

Original Poster

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I seriously thought that was just a cauldron of melted chocolate... Which I totally would have ordered. Lol
It sorta was! You would love it! :hungry:

Very late to the 25th party, but all caught up and looking forward to following along on the rest of your adventures!
Thank you for reading!

When I first read this I thought Tiki Misters as in Tiki Mr.'s. 🤦‍♀️😂
I was wondering if anyone would be confused by that.....:hilarious:

Just caught up. I arrived the day you guys left. The rain certainly did come down, down, down and down some more... My "L" was there with the graduation troop starting that Sunday, 6-9. I will continue to wish for a coveted Tuvalu card.
Yes, I read that the weather did not improve much after we left. Blame @Darstarr....she wasn’t there, but she seems to have magical control over rain. :joyfull:

Very late but I’m in! Always loving a @Tuvalu tripreport 👍
Howdy, Sabrina!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom