Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

BigThunderMatt

would hate to go the universal or six flags route and bssically make it an extra tickets worth of cost.

Doing so would absolutely separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. It would practically guarantee minimal waits for people with purchased Fastpass and a strong return on investment for overhauling the cluster they have right now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If WDW does switch to a Maxpass Plan, and it's popular, and WDW can do so precisely because the infrastructure is in place to make it happen...

Then will people change their minds about hating NGE?

:p

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If WDW does switch to a Maxpass Plan, and it's popular, and WDW can do so precisely because the infrastructure is in place to make it happen...

Considering what could have been done with that money at the time... No. To me, neither NGE nor a Maxpass plan resulting from that NGE boondoggle solve the ride capacity problem that has been largely ignored since Iger took over from Eisner, current projects aside.

Mat Cauthon

You shouldn’t sue it really. It’s not that bad.

In all fairness I did do some leg work to get passes whilst the family had coffee but not being bothered to walk a few hundred feet isn’t really on. Not saying that’s you or anything but it’s hardly a hardship.
For our family trips that have anywhere from 10-12 people, paper fast pass always required we arrive at rope drop, everyone gave my brother-in-law and I their card and we were the "runners" as @Rodan75 says. This process would repeat throughout the day as the next window came open. The current process of scheduling FP+ way ahead of our trips is a pita sometimes but I do not miss the frantic runner days. Paper fast pass for that many people who want to experience rides together was not always easy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For our family trips that have anywhere from 10-12 people, paper fast pass always required we arrive at rope drop, everyone gave my brother-in-law and I their card and we were the "runners" as @Rodan75 says. This process would repeat throughout the day as the next window came open. The current process of scheduling FP+ way ahead of our trips is a pita sometimes but I do not miss the frantic runner days. Paper fast pass for that many people who want to experience rides together was not always easy.
I’d take that over today’s preplanned micro management any day. But that’s just me.

bubbles1812

I’d take that over today’s preplanned micro management any day. But that’s just me.
I’ll be honest....I was the runner for my family. I could get 10ish+ fastpasses depending on the day but boy did I have to haul all over the parks. For MK especially, it felt like I never got to sit down.

When FP+ came out, I thought I’d abhor it but I found I can still get 10-12ish FP per day but now I can manage everything while in line after the original 3 get used. I don’t mind the micro planning if it means I’m not crisscrossing parks all day long. I don’t miss being the runner. My fam says I’m more pleasant too ;)

drizgirl

Just wait until you add up MaxPass or some new version of paid fastpass times 12 per day.

sallyslater

They already have that -- it's called "VIP Tours." And it's expensive enough that there's a limited number running every day.

The VIP tours still wait in line (last time I went to Disneyland they did idk about WDW). But those tours do not affect other guest experiences at all, but a “skip the lines” pass would and it would make everyone’s Fastpasses less valuable. :( I just hope the don’t add it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The VIP tours still wait in line (last time I went to Disneyland they did idk about WDW). But those tours do not affect other guest experiences at all, but a “skip the lines” pass would and it would make everyone’s Fastpasses less valuable. :( I just hope the don’t add it!
The WDW VIP Tours usually enter through the FP line.

Kamikaze

Correct. The only people who go 'up the exit' so to speak are those with VIP tours for those attractions that do not have a FastPass line (which...are there any that don't at this point?) and for high profile guests whose presence in the FastPass line would likely create a disturbance.

I mean, theres also a number of dollars that you can give Disney that will allow you privilege as well, but its probably far higher than the normal VIP tour and not advertised anywhere.

YorkshireT

I mean, theres also a number of dollars that you can give Disney that will allow you privilege as well, but its probably far higher than the normal VIP tour and not advertised anywhere.
I saw this on Blackish lol. In fact, I saw them filming that episode at Expedition Everest in 2016.

TrojanUSC

WDW and Disneyland VIP tours now offer unlimited Fastpass access to attractions.

This might have changed, but the only true way to get the "celebrity" type access (at the moment) is to get the $12K dream tour, where they offer you the same type of expedited access because these tours are on such a tight schedule with the different pre-planned activities.

RSoxNo1

Absolutely, there were welcome infrastructure enhancements that came with NGE. FP+ was a poor operational decision that was facilitate by some of those infrastructure enhancements. They overly complicated a system that wasn't exactly a net positive for all guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom