Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, June 9

Dylan and I started an anniversary celebration tradition last year that I'm hopeful we continue for the rest of our lives. ;) Last year we celebrated our engagement anniversary by staying at Yacht Club and having dinner, and this year we decided to stay at Beach Club. We had considered a few other deluxe resorts, but ultimately Beach Club won out because we love Stormalong Bay!

We arrived Sunday afternoon but our room wasn't quite ready. We checked our bags and headed out to the pool, only to be met with a storm. 😫
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c94.jpg

We wasted time by walking around Yacht and Beach Club until we eventually got our room ready text. We bought some drinks from the gift shop and headed upstairs to continue to wait out the storm.

I immediately loved how bright and airy our room was! Yacht Club is very dark and masculine, whereas Beach Club is much brighter and... beachy! 🙂 I will say that I preferred our Yacht Club bathroom.. the shower had multiple rain shower heads and it was a walk in. It also had the sinks outside of the room with the shower and toilet. I liked our balcony here a lot better, and enjoyed being on a higher level in general!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c96.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c9a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c9b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c99.jpg

This little area was great!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c98.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c97.jpg

Really contemplated taking this with me. 😍
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c9d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c9e.jpg

Super pretty shower curtain!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c9f.jpg

I just realized that I didn't actually take a picture of the view from our BIG balcony. :confused: We had a really great view of the water and dock area, and we were just far enough away from the pool that we didn't get much noise. We were on the 4th floor and it was very peaceful!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, June 9 cont.

We sat on the balcony and enjoyed our drinks, and we also watched some Stacey. :joyfull: Before too long, we heard the lifeguards blowing their whistles to signal the pool reopening.. yay!

Soon, we were here. :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca0.jpg

Round 2
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca1.jpg

We actually only sat in the hot tub because the air was a little chilly with the wind and lack of sun. We also enjoyed laying on our chairs and watching the mama duck and her three babies that have apparently made Stormalong Bay their home. 😍 They were so sweet!

We eventually made our way back up to our room to get ready for our dinner reservation at Yachtsman Steakhouse. You can see most of our balcony view here. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca2.jpg

Pretty hallway carpet!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c95.jpg

We checked in and only had to wait a few minutes before we were called in. I had no idea that he was wearing these until this moment. 😂😍 One of the many reasons why I love him.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca3.jpg

We were welcomed back and led to the exact same table that we sat at last year lol. I ordered wine and Dylan had some sort of beer, and soon we were feasting on the delicious bread. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca4.jpg

I ordered French Onion Soup to start.. it was really good, but Be Our Guest still wins. ;) This broth is really sweet and I actually couldn't finish it. I probably wouldn't order it again, but I did enjoy it. Dylan was able to finish what I couldn't. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca5.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster
Sunday, June 9 cont.

I forget what Dylan had. :confused: But he really liked it!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca6.jpg

I had the filet mignon and it was incredible once again! We were absolutely stuffed when we were finished.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6ca7.jpg

We had another fantastic meal at Yachtsman and I'm sure that we'll be back again!
Vni0HZkmR96Uecohb+5%HA_thumb_6ca8.jpg

We walked around the resort for a little while, enjoying the cool evening. We stopped back in the gift shop and bought a bottle of wine to take back to the room. We had planned on buying alcohol before we came, but we got super busy and didn't get around to it. Next year we'll be better prepared. ;) We sat out on the balcony, talking and enjoying our wine. Unfortunately, Illuminations was behind us so we could only see the reflection of the fireworks in the windows across from us.

Sunday, June 10

We woke up early-ish the next morning and went downstairs to get breakfast. I got Mickey waffles (the only time I'll eat waffles) and Dylan got the Bounty Platter. We took our food back up to our room and ate on the balcony. :) We watched a little more Stacey before getting packed up and saying goodbye to our room. Dylan took our luggage to the car and then we headed to the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Fortunately the sun decided to join us and we had a great day in the pool, especially the lazy river! We were thinking about leaving in the near future, and just as we started to discuss our game plan, we got kicked out because of an approaching storm. Perfect timing. :)
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6caa.jpg

We had a wonderful stay at Beach Club and really enjoyed ourselves! It was a perfect way to relax and celebrate another year together. 🥰 I'm going to have a hard time venturing to other deluxe resorts because we loved Yacht & Beach Club both so much!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Can't believe your wedding is only a couple days away!!! Super excited for you! 🌹🌹🌹
Happy almost wedding day!!! Can't wait to see pictures of all your Disney touches :inlove:
So exciting your wedding day is finally almost here!!! Please post all the pictures!
Enjoy your magical day on Saturday! I look forward to seeing your pics.
How exciting! All the best to you & Dylan!
Best wishes to you & Dylan ❤

Thank you all! It doesn’t seem real! 😍 I will post lots of pictures!

Is it ridiculous that I absolutely love Minnie’s dress and floral pattern and can totally picture a lovely sundress for myself just like it???:inlove::joyfull:
View attachment 382847

Lol! It’s a super cute dress.. one that I would wear too! 😊

LisaBelle

Saturday, June 1

Brooke and I needed one last violet lemonade (she ended up going back for more the next day 😂) before F&G ended. We also had outfits that needed to be worn. Dylan just rolled his eyes at us. :joyfull:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6c85.jpg
My sister and I were in that exact spot around 11:15 that morning! Too bad we missed you!
Best wishes to you and Dylan! Can’t wait to see the wedding pics!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom