If you could imagineer....

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
If you could design and have built one ride themed on a Disney movie or character which DOESN’T CURRENTLY feature in any of the Disney World parks, what would it be based upon and what would the ride be?

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
That sounds fantastic, I would ride that!
Does Tiana count? I mean, her "riverboat party" exists/existed, but c'mon. I'd love a full bayou themed ride - water ride, log flume like, dark ride inside part. (but knowing disney- they'd just slap it over splash mountain).

Janir

I'd try something totally off the wall for Tomorrowland. A Cat from Outer Space ride. A Dark ride, doesn't have to hit all the movie points so much as feature a space cat and UFO's. You're UFO hunting in the dark ride and this crazy cat is around, the Army suddenly starts getting involved and things speed up. Then you start trying to chase the cat and end up seeing the cat get into a UFO and fly away.
The idea needs some work to flesh out but could be put into Stitch/Alien Encounter's old spot. ;) Trying to go for fun, whimsical, and fit's in Tomorrowland.

FettFan

A new horror-thriller ride in Tomorrowland based off The Black Hole.

I'd try something totally off the wall for Tomorrowland. A Cat from Outer Space ride. A Dark ride, doesn't have to hit all the movie points so much as feature a space cat and UFO's. You're UFO hunting in the dark ride and this crazy cat is around, the Army suddenly starts getting involved and things speed up. Then you start trying to chase the cat and end up seeing the cat get into a UFO and fly away.
The idea needs some work to flesh out but could be put into Stitch/Alien Encounter's old spot. ;) Trying to go for fun, whimsical, and fit's in Tomorrowland.

The Cat from Outer Space is truly one of the forgotten classics.

EDIT - And if Universal ever axes E.T., you have a ready set story for TCFOS.
Cat-alien comes to earth, everyone goes nuts, and then the cat-alien takes you to his home planet chock-full of cat-aliens.

Smiley/OCD

Ok, I have fantasized about this for years...Disney buys the rights to the original "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" movie from Warner Brothers...since the movie was filmed in Bavaria, I would build a PotC type attraction in Germany . The ride would consist of a boat ride tour of the Wonka candy factory. The water would be dyed brown (chocolate) with the boats built to look like the ones in the movie...a few psychedelic effects, down a small drop and right into the chocolate lake...AA oompa loompas, Wonka and Slugworth. See the production lines of the everlasting gobstoppers, Wonka bars and more. Knowing how Disney loves to profit from their attractions, the ride will empty right into a Wonka candy gift shop.

Janir

A new horror-thriller ride in Tomorrowland based off The Black Hole.

The Cat from Outer Space is truly one of the forgotten classics.

EDIT - And if Universal ever axes E.T., you have a ready set story for TCFOS.
Cat-alien comes to earth, everyone goes nuts, and then the cat-alien takes you to his home planet chock-full of cat-aliens.

The Black Hole! Great idea for Tomorrow land.

TinkerBelle8878

I want a vr launch roller coaster of Sugar Rush from Wreck It Ralph. Yes it would have screens, but each race could be different.

Or something like Test track or the Radiator Racers would lend itself to Sugar Rush.

I always thought that Aladdin should have something more than a Dumbo clone and more like the Peter Pan ride. Carpet instead of Pirate ships and doing the whole 'Whole New World' flying instead of over neverland.

Trackmaster

A Wall-E ride. Peoplemover style. Dark ride, set inside the ship. All the activity would be fun to recreate in a ride.

Yeah, I was thinking that either Wall-E or Black Mirror would make for a great dark ride. In both cases, they'd be complete conveyor belt screen rides... about anything. And the social commentary would be people addicted to screens and not able to enjoy reality. And then at the end you break through the screen, and do a walking tour of an actual garden to show that you've overcome technology and screens and are able to enjoy something real. It may be more of a Black Mirror concept than Wall-E, but I could see some good social commentary with conveyor belts of people watching videos on a Wall-E right too. You'd just have to think of a coherent plotline that frees the guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom