Future World Skyline BEFORE ugly Guardians Building

Railfan Andrew

Original Poster
Below are two photos I took in January 2017 after seeing the sun reflecting off of the Test Track pavilion. I'm glad I have these, as that HORRIFICALLY UGLY Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster building has been constructed.
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG

Unplugged

Ah the good old days, when park style and beauty was at the forefront. Now, I would rather have seen a stylish hotel across the ticket booths & mono station than that guardians building. Maybe they should have combined them into the GotG Hotel. I mean, the new skyline is already an eye sore.

bUU

I don't know how people give the Test Track exterior a pass while complaining about GOTG. ?
I agree. Much ado about nothing. Don't like the GotG building? Tighten your shot to exclude it and move on. Disney has to worry about all its guests and all its stakeholders, not just one.

Unplugged

I don't know how people give the Test Track exterior a pass while complaining about GOTG. ?
Personally, When TT 2.0 was TT 1.0, the exterior was industrial without being a boring square off white warehouse. It made sense then. Now, it doesn't make sense and I agree it needs a change. However, you can see over it and it doesn't fill the skyline completely. Is it ideal, NO. Is it far superior, primarilly due to the shape of the building, than GotG? In my opinion, yes. GotG should never visually compete with the park icon, Spaceship Earth as it does. That'd be like putting the Tron building (back coaster section) next to Cindy's castle. :depressed:🤮

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom