Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Haha! You know what I meant. :joyfull:

I want to be able to show up at the parks at 2pm and still have FP's for the headliners. Or spend the entire day at the pool and hit the parks in the evening with headliner FP's.
Fair point, although when you go back to the legacy or Maxpass versions, there tends to be more availability later in the day for headliners. At DL we were able to get Indi fastpasses towards the end of the PM. I think the dynamics would change for sure.

Saskdw

Fair point, although when you go back to the legacy or Maxpass versions, there tends to be more availability later in the day for headliners. At DL we were able to get Indi fastpasses towards the end of the PM. I think the dynamics would change for sure.

You are probably right. However most of our WDW trips are over Christmas break. It's hard to believe there would be evening FP's available for the headliners during that time of year.

Have to say I'm a huge MaxPass fan. Went to DL a few weeks ago and we barely waited in a line on a Saturday (pre-Star Wars too, so it was actually busy.)

Can't stand FP+, on the other hand. During the Legacy era, we'd barely wait in a line and were able to strategize and make the most of our days. Even with our three FP+ selections, feels like we're fighting a losing battle. You get easy enough to two-ish good rides, for sure, but miserable lines everywhere else. Pretty much torpedoed our vacations since it started. Would not shed a tear if it were nixed/altered.

RSoxNo1

I hate legacy FastPass. Ppl forget how bad that system worked for the non-MK parks. And how inconvenient it was any family lacking a ‘runner’.

They are gonna get more pushback if they kill FP+ than you think.
More rides and MaxPass is the key. They should have taken SW:GE opening as the timeline to make the switch.

sallyslater

I was thinking about this earlier today!!!! I have used MaxPass at Disneyland and it isn’t an unlimited Fastpass sort of deal (as this sounds like).

So now I’m worried... I would HATE for WDW to implement some sort of “unlimited skip the line pass” that costed extra.

An unlimited pass like this would most likely NOT be a small price and the most average vacationers (and even frequent visitors lol) aren’t going to want to spend extra cash on add-ins! This may sound silly, but it almost isn’t fair. With the current system, everyone has the opportunity to “skip the line” on three of their top “must dos”. Whenever I’m waiting in a long line at Disney and I get aggravated seeing so many Fastpassers getting ahead, I remember “Well... I did the same thing three times today!” and it is all well and fair.

Some people can’t dish out an extra $50-100 per pass for each family member! Keep things simple! A pass like this would also (as I’m afraid) make Fastpasses less valuable!!!!

Don’t do what Universal does, Disney! It’s annoying!

biggy H

Maxpass works at DL as most guests are local and AP holders so won't spend the money to buy it. If they tried it at WDW with most guests not local and the amount of maxpass wasn't limited in some way, which would then mean it was more expensive, the system would just be overloaded and people would be complaining because they could not make another fastpass for what ever ride they wanted straight away like you can at DL
Anyway, people will still complain what ever WDW does regarding fastpasses.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hate legacy FastPass. Ppl forget how bad that system worked for the non-MK parks. And how inconvenient it was any family lacking a ‘runner’.

They are gonna get more pushback if they kill FP+ than you think.
It was a breath of fresh air

BC8AA03A-B0D8-4C09-A5B6-AE92831B2765.jpeg

No runners required in a park that can handle the crowds. Having spontaneity back was a god send.

Last edited:

Disneyfan1981

Interesting takes in this thread. I'll say this I was very skeptical about MaxPass and even resisted it on my first trip when it was running. We then hit DL during Christmas and bought it and I'll never go without. It's amazing to be able to on your phone set your Fastpasses not only at Disneyland but also California Adventure and set up your park hopping. Especially with rides like Radiator Springs which even now has a tendency to be out of Fastpasses by about 10 AM, to be able to from DL open my phone and set the pass (sometimes at 9 AM getting one for 5:30 PM) without having to wade through the crowds and wait through the gates and then race over to the Bugs Land queue was great. We went on New Years this past year and we able to set the Fastpasses quickly through the huge crowds and navigate fairly easily, especially avoiding large bottlenecks at the Fastpass distribution areas. I'd love for something similar to at least be available at WDW and would happily pay for it.

Kevin_W

No runners required in a park that can handle the crowds. Having spontaneity back was a god send.
I'd disagree with you on this one, Martin. We sued the paper FP system in DL this past January for a day and I did still end up being the runner. It wasn't an earth-shattering difference, but I missed the FP+ system in comparison.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd disagree with you on this one, Martin. We sued the paper FP system in DL this past January for a day and I did still end up being the runner. It wasn't an earth-shattering difference, but I missed the FP+ system in comparison.
You shouldn’t sue it really. It’s not that bad.

In all fairness I did do some leg work to get passes whilst the family had coffee but not being bothered to walk a few hundred feet isn’t really on. Not saying that’s you or anything but it’s hardly a hardship.

Rodan75

You shouldn’t sue it really. It’s not that bad.

In all fairness I did do some leg work to get passes whilst the family had coffee but not being bothered to walk a few hundred feet isn’t really on. Not saying that’s you or anything but it’s hardly a hardship.

I think the old FP system required a different kind of planning if you wanted to maximize your day. And I think you are correct that it did allow for a certain amount of spontaneity, but not as much as people seem to think through nostalgia goggles. But I also love that I can book 3 anchor attractions in a day and that gives me freedom to do anything I want between those anchors. The only thing I don't like about FP+ at MK is what it has done to Haunted Mansion. Although I suspect the ride managers are likely as much at fault for some of those operational issues. Now, I also think they should have come up with a better allocation system for locals and annual pass holders not staying in a Disney hotel. But that is an allocation issue not a FP+ concept issue.

In the end, the whole package of the changes (MDE?) that came with FP+ were never going to be as successful as those leaders wanted becaused the whole thing was premised on the idea that WDW was at or nearing it's attendance peak. In the near decade since they started the project, that assumption has proven false. As everyone knows now, that money would have been better split between new attractions and the systems upgrades that were needed as part of MDE to create a better more seamless resort/park experience.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the old FP system required a different kind of planning if you wanted to maximize your day. And I think you are correct that it did allow for a certain amount of spontaneity, but not as much as people seem to think through nostalgia goggles. .
Not so much nostalgia. I used it last week.

It’s no secret I do not like fastpass plus. Let’s see how it all works once the changes have happened.

Rodan75

Not so much nostalgia. I used it last week.

It’s no secret I do not like fastpass plus. Let’s see how it all works once the changes have happened.

I didn't mean you were looking at it through nostalgia glasses, just to be clear. Personally, I would rather have No Fastpass than either FP or FP+, but between FP and the existing FP+, then I'll take FP+. No clue how I will feel after the upcoming changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom