News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Kamikaze

I disagree. If people are still buying tickets, the price hasn't quite reached a peak. It's steep for some, but it's still very affordable.

100% correct. Disney has two ways to limit crowding: Build out more and increase prices. They are doing both. Building out just takes a long time to accomplish these days. And building out has the side effect of spiking crowds when the new thing opens.

Kamikaze

Not everyone is as tuned in. I just think it is proper customer service to take care of existing patrons such as those with confirmed reservations.

Right, but that case is made better to those with reservations and multi-day tickets, not APs.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Quiet, you. ;)

Problem is, if they raise single day and multi-day ticket prices again (which I anticipate happening before SW:GE opens, BTW), AP's have to go up even more to "maintain balance".

Let's just be done with is - $250/day for single day tickets, $1500 for a 7-day park hopper, $3k for a Gold AP, and $5k on a Platinum AP. :hilarious: Plenty of "value" for those who can afford it, then, right? :D

To be honest with you, if it would reduce the crowds enough to make the parks fun again, I would certainly advocate for those prices.

Flynnwriter

These significant price increases are obscene. There is only one way to stop them - an economic down turn or a decrease in attendance. It is made worse with the addition of “premium” night events that steal operating hours from normal passports and tickets. When did Universal buy Disney?

CaptainAmerica

Quiet, you. ;)

Problem is, if they raise single day and multi-day ticket prices again (which I anticipate happening before SW:GE opens, BTW), AP's have to go up even more to "maintain balance".
APs are a unique problem with SW:GE in particular because they're the ones most likely to camp out in the Cantina with their laptops open sipping on a single drink for eight hours straight.

#TaxTheAPs

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You must be a Florida resident or DVC member getting the gold pass, correct?

I go the first weeks of Oct, Dec, and Feb.

A seven day ticket without hopper for each of those weeks is: $487, $490, and $466. A total of $1,443, and an average of $481 per week.

Now, with a hopper: $572, $575, $551. A total of $1,698, and an average of $566 per week. This means two weeks with hoppers would be about $1,132.

The new Platinum Pass is $1,119. That is way cheaper than three weeks without the hopper ($1,443), and and slightly cheaper than two weeks with the hopper ($1,132). It's a heck of a lot cheaper than three weeks with hoppers ($1,698).

Not to mention Photopass and discounts.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

These significant price increases are obscene. There is only one way to stop them - an economic down turn or a decrease in attendance. It is made worse with the addition of “premium” night events that steal operating hours from normal passports and tickets. When did Universal buy Disney?
They WANT a decrease in attendance. Iger literally said so on one of the recent earnings calls. Managing attendance through price is exactly the goal, otherwise the guest experience goes to hell with the crowds.

legwand77

Quiet, you. ;)

Let's just be done with is - $250/day for single day tickets, $1500 for a 7-day park hopper, $3k for a Gold AP, and $5k on a Platinum AP. :hilarious: Plenty of "value" for those who can afford it, then, right? :D
I bet you see single day and park hoppers jump around 20% like the AP's did. 1 day park Hoppers will be over $200 before GE is open

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I have a feeling those prices would just increase the amount of consumer debt... Crowds would likely be reduced, but not by enough to make a noticeable dent. :(

I'm afraid you're probably right.

APs are a unique problem with SW:GE in particular because they're the ones most likely to camp out in the Cantina with their laptops open sipping on a single drink for eight hours straight.

#TaxTheAPs

I don't think I've ever seen anyone camping out at WDW using a laptop in the parks. Is this a thing?

Flynnwriter

They WANT a decrease in attendance. Iger literally said so on one of the recent earnings calls. Managing attendance through price is exactly the goal, otherwise the guest experience goes to hell with the crowds.
If this is why prices are obscene; they should cap attendance, have a reservation system, and stop raising prices. The only reason he says this is so they can hike prices beyond the American family’s budget and blame attendance.

DeletedAccount55555

I had been considering buying an AP just for the sake of flexibility, since I often come to Orlando for several short visits every year. Currently, when I do a WDW park, I set aside the whole day for it, because obviously going later in the day just for a few hours isn't worth a full price ticket, but I may do that more with an AP.

But at these new prices? No way would I attempt that now.

I'd gladly get one of the passes with blackout dates if they were available to non-Florida residents (and I'm not a tycoon who can afford DVC). I have a Universal pass thanks to that and just got the Disneyland Flex pass.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That is absolutely not what Iger said unless you want to play Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" game.

Iger has said on many occasions that they are aware that overcrowding is impacting customer satisfaction and so they are using strategic prices to move demand around, not simply a complete "decrease in attendance." Yes, they want a decrease in attendance at the overcrowding times, but, they don't want those people to go away, they want them to come in the 'off-peak' times. So, while there are general and specific price hikes, there continues to be discounts for the off-peak.

Now, if they ever become overcrowded all the time...

yensid67

I said it just a dew weeks ago..."PRICES WILL INCREASE BEFORE AUGUST 31st!" and I was right! Based on the Platinum at $1119.00(6.5% tax=$1197.74) for 4 parks in one day...that means that each park costs roughly $297.94 PER PARK! THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS! and this is just Annuals, just wait, in a few weeks the single and multi day tickets will rise too! They just raised prices for parking overnight at resorts by $2 for Value $1 for moderate and deluxe...free overnight parking at Campgrounds, but I think they will start attaching fees there too!
How many think that Disney is just being GREEDY?

awoogala

Hmm, I had already decided to let my WDW AP pass expire, and started considering a UNI pass for this next year. I wonder if UNI passes will jump after this? Anyone know if they do,historically, after Disney raises?

yensid67

Perhaps the market for “SW:GE” 🙄 isn’t as strong as everyone assumed?

...maybe the sauce on the dish actual matters when you taste it?
I just recently watch a youtube video of SW"GE a Disneyland and I was surprised to see that there were hardly crowds! Could this be whats coming for WDW SW:GE!? If so raising the prices to cut the crowds I going to work against them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom