Overnight parking charges to increase at Walt Disney World Resort hotels June 2019

Slov72

this is kind of silly. They should of been charging these rates to start with, when you are being 24 dollars a night you mentally round up to 25 anyway, they probably will get little pushback from this other than on sites like this.

devoy1701

This really is absurd. Just inching up costs for everything across the board. Seems small, but just for parking, a long weekend visit costs $100 more than it did just 2 years ago. Do passholders get free parking at the resorts still?

CaptainAmerica

I'm prepared for everyone to tell me how wrong I am, but I'm going to keep beating this drum. Disney does not want you to pay the parking fee, they want you to skip renting a car. They'd be thrilled if the "Resort Parking Fee Revenue" line went to zero because it means all of their guests are captive and reliant on them for transportation, F&B, merchandise, and recreation.

This isn't about a few extra dollars in fees, it's an attempt to change guest behavior.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The second price increase today. Waiting to see if there is a third...

I'm prepared for everyone to tell me how wrong I am, but I'm going to keep beating this drum. Disney does not want you to pay the parking fee, they want you to skip renting a car. They'd be thrilled if the "Resort Parking Fee Revenue" line went to zero because it means all of their guests are captive and reliant on them for transportation, F&B, merchandise, and recreation.

This isn't about a few extra dollars in fees, it's an attempt to change guest behavior.

Absolutely right. They want a 100% captive audience. It started with DME, continued with the parking fee. Too bad renting a car and paying to park (well, we're DVC so we don't pay the parking fee... yet...) is still FAR cheaper than paying Disney food prices. :)

BoarderPhreak

We rarely, if ever have a car on-property - except maybe the first day, when we return the rental at the Dolphin. So this is largely irrelevant to our habits...

If that were not the case, at this point, I'd tell Disney to shove it.

ToTBellHop

The second price increase today. Waiting to see if there is a third...

Absolutely right. They want a 100% captive audience. It started with DME, continued with the parking fee. Too bad renting a car and paying to park (well, we're DVC so we don't pay the parking fee... yet...) is still FAR cheaper than paying Disney food prices. :)
There will be a bathroom fee in SWGE. $5 for #1; $10 for #2.

Lisabk

We're going in February 2020. Believe me, it's not my choice. If I had my way I would never step foot on Disney property again. The penny and nickeling that they did for decades is now $10 here, $25 there. Apparently, the parking lots haven't been paying for themselves. If I'm going to pay $25 to park my car for a full week and never move it Mickey better be carrying my luggage up to my room!

ToTBellHop

We're going in February 2020. Believe me, it's not my choice. If I had my way I would never step foot on Disney property again. The penny and nickeling that they did for decades is now $10 here, $25 there. Apparently, the parking lots haven't been paying for themselves. If I'm going to pay $25 to park my car for a full week and never move it Mickey better be carrying my luggage up to my room!
Mickey wants you to leave your car at home. He'll carry your luggage from the airport, however.

ToTBellHop

A lot of us don't have a choice. We live too close to fly there, and my main reason for going to Disney is the resorts so staying off-site sorta defeats the purpose. We're just taking a year off of Disney and trying to enjoy some other places in Florida to stay.
If you live that close, there isn't yet a fee to walk to WDW, so that's an option.

mf1972

436BE222-C968-4C9D-A2F8-27785B17AB9C.gif

TrainsOfDisney

I wonder if these were all planned or they are knee jerk reactions based on upcoming reservations....

We need to hope the crowds come out to Cali next week or else we are going to see major cuts I’m afraid. :-/

WDWFREAK53

Wait...you joined the forums 22 minutes ago to say that you'd never step foot in Disney again because of the price increases? Did you just join a Disney parks fan-site to post that?

Texas84

This really is absurd. Just inching up costs for everything across the board. Seems small, but just for parking, a long weekend visit costs $100 more than it did just 2 years ago. Do passholders get free parking at the resorts still?
I didn't get charged at Caribbean in May. Not sure why. Didn't ask. But I did have a Passholder deal.

TrainsOfDisney

While I’m only one person, Disney has for sure lost some money on me with the parking fees. I used to always stay on property, but now if we drive we stay at a Hilton or Marriott right of property. That means the room rate, breakfast, late night snacks, etc. they all lose.

I can’t be the only passholder making those decisions.

Now when I fly, the scales usually tip the other way with magical express.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom