News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Tony the Tigger

Perhaps the market for “SW:GE” 🙄 isn’t as strong as everyone assumed?

Imagine if they recreated Dagobah, Hoth, etc. instead of “generic space.”

Is this the 3rd or 4th Increase since the beginning of 2018?

Let’s see...my last AP prior to this one expired 9/2017. I bought the next one the day before the price increase (thanks to this board) which was March of 2018, and activated it in September. We do Weekday Select so it was only $279. Since then, it’s been $319 and now $349. It expires in September again, so likely by March, it will likely be over $100 more than our last AP.

Still can’t complain around here when folks are paying over $1K.

The goal is to do a cruise in 2020, and visit the parks in late 2021 for our three 50th bdays (mine, DH, and WDW.)

I foresee more resort trips without park tickets, or with just an after hours event, or with a 3-day FL Res promo deal.

Indy_UK

Disneyland Paris is going through a phase of steel annual passes.

Personally I think that price hikes on them, encourages people to go down a tier next year, whether that opens up more day tickets too because of black out dates I'm not sure.

matt9112

I was considering upgrading from gold but not anymore. Platinum was raised $150 (for Florida residents). It was hard enough to justify going from silver to gold lol. I should have known the minute I went gold they’d be left out. Are they hoping to price folks out in an effort to control crowds?

i don't think its literally a "we dont want you" but more so "if you want to come you have to pay because crowding is an issue" it has been beaten to death like we have had access to the perkins downs stables but building out is the best solution but there is relunctance to ever do that. TRON is the only thing that 100% is not a replacement that comes to mind atm. (and its the wrong type of ride for that parks problems)
((EDIT rat too so theres that))
technically albeit its a far stretch pandors replaced something. but star wars is a better case of sure its a much nicer offering but technically removed capacity to add it. not arguing the merits of old rides and if they deserve to exsist one thing they were good at is moving people. theres a MASSIVE capacity issue resort wide.

Kamikaze

tenor.gif

Also the Premier Passport went up to a whopping $1,949.......😱

That was already the price.

Kman101

i don't think its literally a "we dont want you" but more so "if you want to come you have to pay because crowding is an issue" it has been beaten to death like we have had access to the perkins downs stables but building out is the best solution but there is relunctance to ever do that. TRON is the only thing that 100% is not a replacement that comes to mind atm. (and its the wrong type of ride for that parks problems) technically albeit its a far stretch pandors replaced something. but star wars is a better case of sure its a much nicer offering but technically removed capacity to add it. not arguing the merits of old rides and if they deserve to exsist one thing they were good at is moving people. theres a MASSIVE capacity issue resort wide.

Yeah this seems yet another attempt to control crowding without expanding like they need to. Rat is also an expansion it’s not replacing anything and is added to the existing pavilion. But agreed on the rest.

matt9112

Yeah this seems yet another attempt to control crowding without expanding like they need to. Rat is also an expansion it’s not replacing anything and is added to the existing pavilion. But agreed on the rest.
i just caught myself and edited. side note thats one of big reasons i support rat alot. we need more average rides....thats coupled to the build out problem....EVERYTHING needs to be a headliner. (at least marketing wise) something like tron for example will likely attract more people to mk than it adds in hourly capacity. thus our issue just got worse.

Joeamc

Just remember only DVC members are eligible for Gold Passes. Everyone else gets rack rate platinum. The break even cost is more than the number of days indicated and depends on when you go.
Thats true. I am a DVC owner so I'm looking at the Gold rates, and in the past it has worked out for me to do 2 trips in one calendar year

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
i don't think its literally a "we dont want you" but more so "if you want to come you have to pay because crowding is an issue" it has been beaten to death like we have had access to the perkins downs stables but building out is the best solution but there is relunctance to ever do that. TRON is the only thing that 100% is not a replacement that comes to mind atm. (and its the wrong type of ride for that parks problems)
((EDIT rat too so theres that))
technically albeit its a far stretch pandors replaced something. but star wars is a better case of sure its a much nicer offering but technically removed capacity to add it. not arguing the merits of old rides and if they deserve to exsist one thing they were good at is moving people. theres a MASSIVE capacity issue resort wide.

If they wanted to address capacity the increases on the FL Resident AP Products would have gone up significantly more. Theme park select didn't even move and the rest of the FL-Resident Products percentage increase was half of the top tier passes. Call it for what it is, a cash grab from people they know can/will tolerate an increase.

matt9112

Thats true. I am a DVC owner so I'm looking at the Gold rates, and in the past it has worked out for me to do 2 trips in one calendar year

plus your dues and whatever your initial investment was. technically all of that is what allows you to have access to that tier. look if i had money i would probably buy DVC at least second hand but its a tough pill.

Kman101

i just caught myself and edited. side note thats one of big reasons i support rat alot. we need more average rides....thats coupled to the build out problem....EVERYTHING needs to be a headliner. (at least marketing wise) something like tron for example will likely attract more people to mk than it adds in hourly capacity. thus our issue just got worse.

I definitely feel the same. We had a decade plus of growth in crowds but not at the parks in terms of additions ... we definitely have a problem

Joeamc

plus your dues and whatever your initial investment was. technically all of that is what allows you to have access to that tier. look if i had money i would probably buy DVC at least second hand but its a tough pill.
You're right. A lot of numbers and factors to crunch. It seems to work for me, but who knows! Its like leasing a car compared to buying a car, I was never really able to figure out which one of those are better also! LOL

cdeev8690

I'm relieved that I renewed my Platinum pass in February. $800 at that time felt like a lot of money. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford that renewal next year, which feels like the saddest thought in the world, but one I've been coming to terms with since Disney park prices across the board increase. It doesn't feel like a place I can afford, despite it being my favorite place in the world.

I'll have to make this final AP count and give it a proper send off.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you go twice in one calendar year for 6 or 7 days each trip its still worth it
Yeah, I see your pont. I guess I really have no need for an AP personally, we only go twice a year in short stints (3 to 4 days). There was a point though where even if you only went for 8 days a year, the AP was a no brainer. Meanwhile an annual pass for Uni for 18 months is $350.

matt9112

Yeah, I see your pont. I guess I really have no need for an AP personally, we only go twice a year in short stints (3 to 4 days). There was a point though where even if you only went for 8 days a year, the AP was a no brainer. Meanwhile an annual pass for Uni for 18 months is $350.

i had UNI passes for about that amount of time and value wise when you add up the discounts and how you could get the top tier for the price (roughly) of the silver disney pass was nice. valet is dirt cheap and discounts are far superior. However the caviot is....look i love universal too but its just alot less to do. admittedly it was funner to do sometimes because lines at universal are nothing compared to disney but alass this is a tangent.

Parkeit

We were two days from renewing our APs 😢. Has anyone ever had any luck calling and getting grandfathered into the old rate? Probably a ridiculously dumb question...but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
i had UNI passes for about that amount of time and value wise when you add up the discounts and how you could get the top tier for the price (roughly) of the silver disney pass was nice. valet is dirt cheap and discounts are far superior. However the caviot is....look i love universal too but its just alot less to do. admittedly it was funner to do sometimes because lines at universal are nothing compared to disney but alass this is a tangent.
Yeah, there is no doubt about that. With construction of their 4th gate construction underway and some nice additions they are making over the next couple of years, I can see that view maybe changing since they will have much more to offer. For now, I'll just stick to my 8 days a year at Disney paying multi-day ticket prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom