Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Janir

I’m good at guessing.
I pretty much don't mind the FP+ system, but we always stay on site and do the 60 day FP planning. Forcing me to plan a Disney vacation ahead of time is a plus in my book. Just last night we planned out of FP+ attack strategy. so I can do it early am on our FP selection day. But I also understand that staying on site is giving me the 60 day window advantage as well. I would consider paying for some FP's but not all that much either. I already figure I'm paying for onsite resort/DVC as an extra. In fact I kinda wish DVC got a 75 or 90 day window for FP, but that's just me being selfish too.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I pretty much don't mind the FP+ system, but we always stay on site and do the 60 day FP planning. Forcing me to plan a Disney vacation ahead of time is a plus in my book. Just last night we planned out of FP+ attack strategy. so I can do it early am on our FP selection day. But I also understand that staying on site is giving me the 60 day window advantage as well. I would consider paying for some FP's but not all that much either. I already figure I'm paying for onsite resort/DVC as an extra. In fact I kinda wish DVC got a 75 or 90 day window for FP, but that's just me being selfish too.
Im with you on this one, with my only caveat being that the Maxpass system is superior. It really takes the planning down to a minimum. I love being able to go the day of and make my selections as I go, we all know after our first 3 fastpass selections, its slim pickens and it really does alter your plans sometimes. With Maxpass there are still plenty of maxpass times for the most popular attractions throughout the day (not always but at least the 2 times we have gone)

Last edited:

ctcdisneymama

I really hope this option gets added to WDW. With a young child, I would pay to have more fastpasses. Waiting in line with a toddler can be trying at best....

DisneyDreamer08

I used Max pass one day at DL this past January. Overall I liked it and we were able to FP about 10 rides in a full day. But, we were only there one day, it was just my husband and I, and it was still $10/person then. So 20 bucks to add max pass and memory maker was a no brainer.
In theory, it sounds nice to add this for Disney World but 7 or 8 Park days, family of 4, x-amount per day, it adds up much quicker. Every thing is an upcharge now and this one really scares me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I despise it. Last week I had the pleasure of using legacy Fastpass. It was a breath of fresh air.

KingdomofDreams

Dear Disney... for the love of all that's magical, get a clue. Universal has had it right from the get go. As a customer/guest I absolutely hate having to schedule and being subject to tiers with the Disney FP system. I just want to show up at whatever park I choose that day, whenever I feel like it, and when I come to a ride, I enter the FP line. No tiers, no scheduling, no time windows to meet, no stress. I get that it isn't mathematically possible for everyone to have that kind of access. The number sold/offered has to be limited to ensure a reasonably short wait time for the FP queue with the least possible negative impact to standby. Offer it for a fair market price to everyone, give onsite resort guests a percentage discount based on resort level, and when the number available for any given day are sold, that's it. I really don't understand why they have to make everything so complicated.

Tessaf

Dear Disney... for the love of all that's magical, get a clue. Universal has had it right from the get go. As a customer/guest I absolutely hate having to schedule and being subject to tiers with the Disney FP system. I just want to show up at whatever park I choose that day, whenever I feel like it, and when I come to a ride, I enter the FP line. No tiers, no scheduling, no time windows to meet, no stress. I get that it isn't mathematically possible for everyone to have that kind of access. The number sold/offered has to be limited to ensure a reasonably short wait time for the FP queue with the least possible negative impact to standby. Offer it for a fair market price to everyone, give onsite resort guests a percentage discount based on resort level, and when the number available for any given day are sold, that's it. I really don't understand why they have to make everything so complicated.

As much as people may disagree, I really liked that option at universal and I would like if Disney went that way too. I’m not a big fan of having to have my days planned out 60+ days in advance, with the hopes of securing certain FP’s.

ToTBellHop

Same. The amount of planning required has breached the fun barrier for me. It’s just added stress before and during the trip.
I liked it better a few years ago but most people use it now, so I have to stress at 60 days out that I don’t get the most popular rides and then keep checking each day to see if it appears. Too stressful. Never got Slink Dog for our May trip which was annoying. Before I could have planned to show up ahead of park open to get my FP. At least everyone who showed up on time had the same chance. Now I have to worry if my arrival date is one that follows too many guests arriving on prior dates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom