News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

No, it's I'm being precise that the installations differ from what they were prior, to what (they appear) they will be now. That's what I was commenting on. If it matters to those passing over them... well, that's a separate conclusion from the first point.
What you are missing is that the installation does not change between the scenarios. There are not different standards based on distance from an object. They are installed as if they are in the middle of a walkway.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What you are missing is that the installation does not change between the scenarios.
*facepalm* Not what I was saying or missing.. but whatever. The point of if the same fixture can work in both scenarios does not mean both scenarios are necessarily equal. But ppl can't seem to get past the conclusion defining the problem I guess...

The photo of the other installs works for me.

Goofyernmost

You guys are probably getting way ahead of yourselves. The project is hardly done yet. The easiest thing to do is to just pop those fixtures out of the ground fill them up with concrete, make sure that there is no chance of power still going to the area. If they can fill up those big places where the monoliths sat they can fix the lights if necessary. Using the big cement trucks to fill those cavities would be the same as killing a flea with a howitzer. The way they filled in the other things makes it perfectly clear that the object was to have a smooth even surface to use in whatever the plans are to cover the surface of the finished product. They may very well use some of the existing wiring for whatever will be going there, but, I doubt they all will.

note2001

Why go through this effort to make the paths traversable again... just get on with it already.

It makes sense to leave the lights as they are (providing that they are undamaged) so that when the area is brought under construction the electricians know exactly what they have to work with. It may turn out that they need to rewire the entire plaza anyway, but that is not a call the demolition team usually makes.

peter11435

You guys are probably getting way ahead of yourselves. The project is hardly done yet. The easiest thing to do is to just pop those fixtures out of the ground fill them up with concrete, make sure that there is no chance of power still going to the area. If they can fill up those big places where the monoliths sat they can fix the lights if necessary. Using the big cement trucks to fill those cavities would be the same as killing a flea with a howitzer. The way they filled in the other things makes it perfectly clear that the object was to have a smooth even surface to use in whatever the plans are to cover the surface of the finished product. They may very well use some of the existing wiring for whatever will be going there, but, I doubt they all will.
Everything behind those construction walls including the newly poured concrete will eventually be ripped out. This is just a temporary set up to allow traffic flow though this area while work progresses in other areas.

note2001

Everything behind those construction walls including the newly poured concrete will eventually be ripped out. This is just a temporary set up to allow traffic flow though this area while work progresses in other areas.
So, removal of the monoliths is just phase I and there will be another demoiltion phase to follow?
Would you happen to know what the other phases will be? I hate it when construction is dragged out, but it's not as bad if there's a timeline to follow along with.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yeah, you can see in the concept are where the are new planting beads in the area where the monoliths were which means they will have to demo the concrete in that area at some point.

Goofyernmost

That makes sense. So this discussion is just to spend time typing. Disney lawyers would be out there with hammers beating those lights even with the ground to avoid having someone trip on them. So really a make-believe conversation.

I thought the first discussion was that they were only going to do one side at a time and not go to the other side until the first side was done, which didn't make sense to me anyway.

Goofyernmost

Yeah, you can see in the concept are where the are new planting beads in the area where the monoliths were which means they will have to demo the concrete in that area at some point.

View attachment 382037
It looks like the gardens are elevated so they may not be going down to the dirt. They don't need too, all they need are drainage holes under the planted areas. The ones with the trees would have to be deeper. It will probably be easier to just rip it all out and start fresh which is the most likely thing to happen..

lazyboy97o

It looks like the gardens are elevated so they may not be going down to the dirt. They don't need too, all they need are drainage holes under the planted areas. The ones with the trees would have to be deeper. It will probably be easier to just rip it all out and start fresh which is the most likely thing to happen..
You do not just build new hardscape and landscape on top of hardscape.

El_Tomato

View attachment 382037
If they end up planting tall trees (such as the ones supposedly seen in the artwork), how different will it be from the tombstones, really? I mean, greener and somewhat cleaner, obviously... but it’ll still be on the way of SSE and all the architecture that surrounds it.
Oh, palm trees. I miss you.

HauntedMansionFLA

If they end up planting tall trees (such as the ones supposedly seen in the artwork), how different will it be from the tombstones, really? I mean, greener and somewhat cleaner, obviously... but it’ll still be on the way of SSE and all the architecture that surrounds it.
Oh, palm trees. I miss you.
It gives you four ways to enter or exit the park. It’s harder for guest to maneuver around the tombstones. And it does look cleaner and more appealing.
C09CFAFF-2970-40B3-A31C-70523468AB9A.jpeg

Goofyernmost

You do not just build new hardscape and landscape on top of hardscape.
Tell that to your flower pots. They can do it, but I think I went out of my way to say I don’t think they’re gonna do it in my second post, the one you have quoted. The trees will need deeper roots but the flowers don’t. But the argument is over I agree they’re going to tear the whole thing up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom