Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Janir

Until I hear someone like marni1971 start reporting the rumor as having some basis in fact, I'm not going to worry about it coming from the site that shall not be named. It's Disney click bait. Sadly his site's "news" comes up on news aggrigators and gets spread like gospel. I suppose it gets him his clicks and $$.

Bender123

When it comes to Tikis vs Bears, I guess it comes down to I would rather be on a tropical island than in the trailer park...

Setting has a lot to do with ratings, as well...Bears feels like a show, but the Birds feel like an experience. The entire tiki building is part of the show and just feels more immersive than the bears. I know from my family that the bears is something they tolerate for my sake, but they actively want to see the Birds and CoP.

jt04

It amazes me that after all these years some forum users can't see more than a step down the road.

But then most people drive that way so I shouldn't be suprised.

Tavernacle12

If I had to choose one of Carousel/Tiki/Bears to lose I’d choose Bears (until reminded only Tiki still exists in Land and then I’d change my mind).

They need to cool it with Toy Story. The movies are incredible but it’s so oversaturated as an IP I can barely stand it anymore. I like Astro Blasters and Mania but I sometimes feel like Toy Story is included more often than Mickey and the Fab Five are around the park. I feel about Toy Story what it seems a lot of people felt about Frozen.

jt04

Until I hear someone like marni1971 start reporting the rumor as having some basis in fact, I'm not going to worry about it coming from the site that shall not be named. It's Disney click bait. Sadly his site's "news" comes up on news aggrigators and gets spread like gospel. I suppose it gets him his clicks and $$.

Often Martin's silence says more than not.

TeriofTerror

jt04

Just because this may be true (25/75) it wouldn't mean the attraction would not be reutilized elsewhere or return later.

There is also the chance Frontierland, or something akin to the land, will get built on the pad beyond Big Thunder. And then Frontierland reimagined. (Yes please).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Often Martin's silence says more than not.

Nothing I know of. I know of a proposed content update for the 50th but that’s all.

Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.

Disney Dad 3000

While I don't wish this rumor to be true, could totally see it happening, if nothing else to warrant adding it as a Fastpass attraction.

If it didn't mean getting rid of CBJ, and there wasn't already a land for this IP and another attraction in the same park, I'd be fine with it.

MadTeacup

Why is everything old "terrifying" these days?
Speaking as someone who works closely with the meet and greet CBJ characters, they are most certainly terrifying. In the show, Wendell is loveable and looks rather cuddly. In the park, his toothy grin scares away half the kids he tries to hug. Old is not always terrifying. Those particular characters outside of the show are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom