Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.
A refresh would seem a far more likely scenario. It keeps the legacy fans (somewhat) happy, and brings in something new.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Sometimes, in between my bewilderment and amusement, I start feeling bad for clickbait. I don't think he made this story up for clicks (the land and sea on the other hand...), since he wrote a huge essay on why this is a bad idea. Instead, I think he just has some REALLY bad sources, or sources that enjoy pulling his leg.
The essay portion was just to get people to feel sorry for him. I think the idea was to "pour his heart out" at the end there and readers would start to feel bad about doubting the insanity of his recent "rumors." Perhaps this would get others to believe him more. In reality, he's an egotistical tool that didn't like the lack of attention over the last week or two. 🤷‍♂️

SteamboatJoe

Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.
Interesting. How does that percentage stack up to Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, and Carousel?

Rich T

Now, now settle down and think before we get all knee-jerky. How many of the current visitors even remember the Fess Parker Disney days? The mythical "Old West" was a trope of the 50's and 60's where people were drawn to "simpler times" as they were faced with the advancement of a more pervasive technological existence. Of course, we all recognize today that it too was sanitized
There's a reason almost every theme park in Europe has a Wild West section. There's a reason Red Dead Revolver 2 is a top-selling video game with the younger generations. There's a reason cowboy hats will never disappear. The imagery of the Wild West is endlessly appealing and imagination-inspiring. It is powerful beyond belief. Even "santized" it's fun; everyone knows the *real* old west was a violent, dirty, hardship-loaded, incredibly dangerous place to be. That's why people love the sanitized theme park version.

But, that aside, the Country Bears are not "Wild West." The show is set in the present (or no earlier than the 1970's). They are "country", and country is still HUGE.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

There's a reason almost every theme park in Europe has a Wild West section. There's a reason Red Dead Revolver 2 is a top-selling video game with the younger generations. There's a reason cowboy hats will never disappear. The imagery of the Wild West is endlessly appealing and imagination-inspiring. It is powerful beyond belief. Even "santized" it's fun; everyone know the *real* old west was a violent, dirty, hardship-loaded, incredibly dangerous place to be. That's why people love the sanitized theme park version.

But, that aside, the Country Bears are not "Wild West." The show is set in the present (or no earlier than the 1970's). They are "country", and country is still HUGE.
Good points. Splash isn't exactly Frontier themed either when you think about it but they made it work. It probably should've been placed in a Critter Country-esque expansion, north of TSI.

Bender123

Im just going to put on flameproof armor here and start by saying that I love the bears, buuuuut…

If I had to save one AA show, it would be the Tiki Room. The bears are like a weird 1960s version of what rednecks look like. The only one I would truly miss is Big Al, just because they did such an awesome job making him look like his namesake.

Honestly, I would be happy if they just had a show of nothing but Big Al singing Blood on the Saddle in an endless Loop...Or better yet, move him over to the hall of Presidents and have him randomly interrupt the speeches.

SteamboatJoe

Im just going to put on flameproof armor here and start by saying that I love the bears, buuuuut…

If I had to save one AA show, it would be the Tiki Room. The bears are like a weird 1960s version of what rednecks look like. The only one I would truly miss is Big Al, just because they did such an awesome job making him look like his namesake.

Honestly, I would be happy if they just had a show of nothing but Big Al singing Blood on the Saddle in an endless Loop...Or better yet, move him over to the hall of Presidents and have him randomly interrupt the speeches.
That would be an awful choice to have to make. If I absolutely had to choose, I'd pick Tiki Room only because its: a) not the original and b) still runs at DL. WDW's CBJ is the original and no longer at DL.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
It’s the higher attended of the three.

All three are among the lowest-rated MK attractions in our survey data:

1. Happily Ever After
:
10. Splash Mountain (highest attraction)
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
77. Country Bear Jamboree
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
88. Swiss Family Treehouse
89. Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station

SteamboatJoe

1. Happily Ever After
:
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter

Thanks, Len. Of course something will always be lower on those lists and the theater shows make sense since they aren't rides. I am surprised by Astro Orbiter's poor showing. I know it's a standard spinner but it's colorful, can be rode by youngsters, and has some great views. I'm honestly surprised the tree house still exists at all. Even the Tarzan overlay would be dated by now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

1. Happily Ever After
:
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
Tiki Room is the lowest attendance of the group. Even so, it has roughly 5 million visits a year and roughly over 2 million rate it as excellent.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

We did the Tiki Room in May and it was full ----guess something has to be at the bottom of the list they all can't be #1
Exactly. It's the same reason why I roll my eyes when I hear that XYZ is the #1 killer of (insert demographic). Not to sound cold but something is going to be. I mean, if it's something completely preventable that's one thing but some things just are.

mikejs78

Premium Member

1. Happily Ever After
:
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
@lentesta is this list laid out anywhere in a format like this? Curious as to what #s 2-9 are and how the attractions rank..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom