Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Surferboy567

Firstly, after the land and seas rumor blew up and even after Disney said the rumor isn’t true he still insists it is...my point is any validity they had from MMRR or the spine project is gone. That being said for argument sake let’s say this is true what do I think? Apologies in advance to country bear fans.

The country bear jamboree at least for me is a great part of Disney history but I totally understand why it would be on the chopping block. Before, country bear fans come out in full force hear me out. For me, I’m not really that fond of the jamboree yes it is a part of Disney history and I understand that, however, I really don’t find the show that compelling in its current form. Could it be updated (kinda like carousel is rumored to be) sure, but I’d actually prefer a show redo. If it really is woody’s roundup granted it’s done right I’d be fine with it. Maybe we could even find out what did happen in that last episode...yes toy story has plenty of representation but if done right could be great.

JustInTime

The source can't be trusted...

But I can see this happening. It's becoming a relic and the walk around bears are kinda terrifying.

Now on the subject of Woody's Round Up. If Woody is so self aware that he is a toy. How come he has no memory of life before Andy or being around in the 50s?
I always assumed each toy had its own set of memories. So there is a possibility that he was an unopened collectible that was passed down to Andy at some point.

trainplane3

Maelstrom, Great Movie Ride, and Universe of Energy.
And? That site can spout as much as they want. I'll wait for reliable insiders here to confirm it.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me if it were real though. Of course we need another Toy Story attraction stuck someplace. We obviously need one in Epcot and AK too.

rct247

While I don't think this "rumor" is true, I do think that CBJ needs an major update or it needs to go.

CBJ has comedic value because it poked fun at country music at the time. These references are dated and don't connect with audiences as much anymore. While "shows" are a general turn off to some people, it also doesn't help that this concept has been more mass produced in Chuck E Cheeses / Showbiz Pizza in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The pop culture references in TV and music often make fun of it or it's hokiness. Even the official movie was terrible in the 00s.

So it would be a loss, but it's probably time. Now if they wanted to breath new life, why not have the bears bring us a new show poking fun at modern country music of today. It too would eventually become dated like Food Rocks did, but give it more life for a bit longer.

Kamikaze

I think you answered your own question. They are a business. They step back and make cuts they feel is necessary. As long as money is involved, that will unfortunately always happen.

Obviously, but if they built the original plans, those 'incredible' things would be plussed.

JustInTime

Obviously, but if they built the original plans, those 'incredible' things would be plussed.
We can “what if” all day. Rarely do original plans get fully realized. There is almost always something cut. That’s just the sad world we live in. Woody’s Roundup should be a fun replacement if nothing else. It’s the only thing I think is suitable if they insist on replacing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom