News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
It's frustrating for sure, particularly because there is no information given. They could show up tomorrow, next week, or the end of July. Our arrival date is 7/21, so I'm hopeful still. My next concern is they will restock and by the time I get on, they'll be out again.
I can only offer the benefit of my experience several weeks ago. I checked periodically throughout the day, daily. One morning I found them stocked around 6am EDT, but I could not check out for the next hour. I tried again around 8:30 and was able to complete the purchase. By 10:30 they were sold out again.

Unfortunately, you have have to treat it like a difficult ADR or Fastpass. It's not fair, but that seems to be The Disney InDifference.

TOCPE82

I emailed Guest Services and got a call back with the following information...

They are *hopeful* to have them restocked for reservations arriving on July 3rd and later, with the rollout being done in phases prioritizing those with earlier reservations. (Like it should have been to begin with, huh....). He also said that all of the designs that were available should be available upon restocking. He was adamant that the July 3rd date was tentative, but they were very hopeful they could reach it.

So take that for what it's worth.

mmssbrg2

They are *hopeful* to have them restocked for reservations arriving on July 3rd and later, with the rollout being done in phases prioritizing those with earlier reservations. (Like it should have been to begin with, huh....). He also said that all of the designs that were available should be available upon restocking. He was adamant that the July 3rd date was tentative, but they were very hopeful they could reach it.

We're arriving on 7/11 and have already passed our deadline to customize, so we had to settle for solid colored bands. I'm not sure how they plan on restocking for 7/3 arrivals unless someone in Imagineering has invented a time machine.

TOCPE82

We're arriving on 7/11 and have already passed our deadline to customize, so we had to settle for solid colored bands. I'm not sure how they plan on restocking for 7/3 arrivals unless someone in Imagineering has invented a time machine.
He said they can still be ordered up until 7 days before arrival, but you'll have to get them from the front desk upon arrival. That was one question I did ask.

Hcalvert

I chose my magic bands before they offered the other ones. I couldn't stop them from shipping them since I already chose solid colors. I received them late this week for my July 8 trip, so they are not allowing us to wait. I guess you can decline them or don't make your picks until right before the deadline. They're countdown is still until about 30 days before the trip, which is contradictory (and confusing) to their message about being able to order later and they will sent to the resort. Why have a countdown to 30 days instead of the actual last day that they can be customized?

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
For all the people bummed out that they can't get the customized bands, why not just spend the extra $10-$12 and buy a more unique one at the parks?

Hcalvert

For all the people bummed out that they can't get the customized bands, why not just spend the extra $10-$12 and buy a more unique one at the parks?
That is what I did. I bought limited edition ones for $15 each on the Disney Parks app before it went defunct. They were originally $30 and not available as the upgrades.

SOOMIN

Hi
I ordered these when the offer came up and like everyone else it seemed to stall.
I got the email they would get back to me.

Happy to advise that my bands are now confirmed :D
I got a message they would be ready for collection on my arrival (I'm in the UK so not posted) in September.

I hope this means good news for everyone else

JaxFLBear

I finally received the we are unable to complete your order email. Back on 5/20 I ordered two premium MBs for our passholder affiliation. I received the order confirmation on 5/22. Yesterday and today I received two separate emails with a code for $15 off and free shipping. I never reach out to anyone.

SOOMIN

Hi.
I just checked my bands on my Disney experience as it's been down for ages and they showed up there.
I hope yours are all the same now

KevinPage

The ones we chose 😎

Attachments

• DC04DD8C-C7BF-49DD-BBFD-7152FFDE53CA.jpeg
    DC04DD8C-C7BF-49DD-BBFD-7152FFDE53CA.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 178

Dave B

Just went in and there is a Darth Vader available with the regular colors, but that is the only, but its more than yesterday

AugieMorosco

Just went in and there is a Darth Vader available with the regular colors, but that is the only, but its more than yesterday
Thanks for the update. It appears they also changed the layout, at least on mobile. Categories gone.

This summer will be my first WDW trip and I'm a little confused on this 11 days business. My deadline showed as 30 days - which is today. If they restock and I'm still 11+ days out, can I order the upgraded band? Will it still ship to my home?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom