ML magic AK

Jeff056

Original Poster
Came here to rant and hear what I did wrong.

First time trying to register for moonlight magic event. Hit the link at opening time, get 8000 in line... whatever wait my turn - get in and it’s booked.

At this point I feel like why even have these events if they book so quick, why even have a queue - pointless.

What should I do different? Click link 45sec faster to get in better line? Feels bad.

Janir

Really? I did the same thing this morning and while I was initially 3000 un line, in 19 minutes they gave me an update saying that 70 % of the reservations were still open when my number drooped to about 1000. I was worried about getting into the party too but once I got that update i figured most people were getting in. I started just a bit late and was worried about actually getting into the party. Sad to hear that you didn't get in. :(

Disney Dad 3000

I started put 2600 in line when assigned a spot. Got to the sign up about 925 and then the site tried to tell me I didn't have a resort reservation, which I do. Called member services at 930, on hold til 10 and transferred to member services supervisor for help. Meanwhile my registration page timed out and put me back at 6000 at 930.
1115 and still on hold and of course spots are long since gone.

Jeff056

Original Poster
I started put 2600 in line when assigned a spot. Got to the sign up about 925 and then the site tried to tell me I didn't have a resort reservation, which I do. Called member services at 930, on hold til 10 and transferred to member services supervisor for help. Meanwhile my registration page timed out and put me back at 6000 at 930.

Let me know how member services goes for you, I emailed my Dis sales rep I worked with to purchase just to get his opinion of instant huge queue and being booked and he suggested calling member services too

Janir

Oh man, did I doge a bullet then. I got in and started to fill in the form and then I got timed out and it told me I'd have to go back and start over. When I did that I manged to get back to the point where I left off. I could have easily been tossed to the back of the line.
I honestly don't know what I did that got me in, other then hit the button, and I did that a few seconds later than I expected to. Having experience with the GenCon gaming convention ticket system for years and playing it's virtual queue game, I should have expected to have to be Johnny on the spot with logging in and pushing buttons. I feel bad that people here couldn't get into the party. With a separate day for people with confirmed reservations and those with out, I sort of assumed that there would be spots open for today with out problems.

nickys

Premium Member
These events are hugely popular. Not everyone can get in, just like any other event be it a concert, sports event, theatre etc. Sorry that you weren’t lucky this time.

It’s really is just luck. It’s a random virtual queue, which is vastly superior to what they used to do, where the systems would crash without fail.

Disney Dad 3000

Let me know how member services goes for you, I emailed my Dis sales rep I worked with to purchase just to get his opinion of instant huge queue and being booked and he suggested calling member services too

Think they are getting us in. There appears to be an issue with having cash reservation as a dvc member and trying to sign up. Found other folks on twitter in past who've had that problem. They have to do a manual sign up which he said would take about 2 weeks. Think since he could see the tech issue and I was on the phone since 930 until 12pm they would work it out.
I know there will be a few more released next Wednesday. Wasnt about to try again after today especially considering I spent more time signing up then I'll actually probably be at the party.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The exact same thing happened to me this morning! It is obvious that DVC dropped the ball today with their event reservation system.

I am very disappointed and frustated right now...

Not the first time this happens to me, honestly, I'm beginning to feel fed up with the so-called DVC Member "Service"...

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Think they are getting us in. There appears to be an issue with having cash reservation as a dvc member and trying to sign up. Found other folks on twitter in past who've had that problem. They have to do a manual sign up which he said would take about 2 weeks. Think since he could see the tech issue and I was on the phone since 930 until 12pm they would work it out.
I know there will be a few more released next Wednesday. Wasnt about to try again after today especially considering I spent more time signing up then I'll actually probably be at the party.
Unfortunately for me, I did not have such luck... I called DVC Member Services as soon as the page said it couldn't find my resort reservation, and after staying on the line for an hour, the agent came back and said there was nothing she could do for me... basically: "sorry and bye".

I never do this, but this time I sent them an e-mail with my complaint.
Oh well... 😔

I'm glad to hear you had better luck 😌

Janir

The web page for the party isn't showing down or sold out so far.
Hope the rest of you guys get in!
Maybe we can plan a WDWMagic DVC meetup at the party. We'll have to come up with a secret sign for each other to see... :p

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
The web page for the party isn't showing down or sold out so far.
Hope the rest of you guys get in!
Maybe we can plan a WDWMagic DVC meetup at the party. We'll have to come up with a secret sign for each other to see... :p
I'll try again next Wednesday when a few spots will open for all members, last chance though! I'm hopeful but realistic, I'm aware it's a looooong shot 🤞

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
A week ago DVC dropped the ball when the registration page didn't recognize my resort reservation.

Now THEY obviously had a technical problem and decided to say the event is full instead of fixing it.

Why even bother...

ToTBellHop

Yep...
Same here
G A R B A G E
I mean, I have pretty young kids so I wasn't SET on going so it's fine, but the process left an awful taste in my mouth. We have a reservation at BLT, but the system claimed we didn't. Called last week and after being on hold an hour they say "yep you have a resort reservation but Moonlight Magic registration is now closed. Try again next week." And now this. Bah.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Me on the other hand, I'm feeling very upset. I was really hoping to get just 1 spot (solo trip).

The exact same thing happened to me last week, I called and the agent never acklnowledged that it was their fault that their system didn't have my resort reservation.
Asked for a supervisor, nope, after waiting for almost 2 hours on the line, no supervisor took my call and got disconnected!

And today, this fiasco! I actually feel disgusted at this point. We both followed the instructions, and their system failed us. It's sad and disconcerting that DVC cannot fulfill their part of the deal and refuse to accept their fault in this matter.

The name of these events should be changed to "Fat Chance Magic".

ToTBellHop

Me on the other hand, I'm feeling very upset. I was really hoping to get just 1 spot (solo trip).

The exact same thing happened to me last week, I called and the agent never acklnowledged that it was their fault that their system didn't have my resort reservation.
Asked for a supervisor, nope, after waiting for almost 2 hours on the line, no supervisor took my call and got disconnected!

And today, this fiasco! I actually feel disgusted at this point. We both followed the instructions, and their system failed us. It's sad and disconcerting that DVC cannot fulfill their part of the deal and refuse to accept their fault in this matter.

The name of these events should be changed to "Fat Chance Magic".
I feel as though there should be a week to pre-register and then just use a lottery to send the “winners” tickets. None of this 9 am headache.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I feel as though there should be a week to pre-register and then just use a lottery to send the “winners” tickets. None of this 9 am headache.
You know what? That could be an option, that would give Disney the opportunity to solve any issues before the drawing.

(It was 7am, local time for me 😕)

Legendary

The way I see it. This are a limited number of tickets available, if they made more tickets available to accommodate every member to go it would be super packed. If your lucky enough to get tickets, be thankful and have a great time. It’s a random queue lottery. You click and you are assigned a random number in line. Pretty fair in my opinion. If you didn’t get in, it stinks but try again next time. Be grateful that this event is even offered and other members have an opportunity to attend. DVC can stop offering if they feel too many people are complaining and unhappy and it’s just not worth the hassle. The IT part is definitely an issue but it has greatly improved from when they first started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom