News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Mickeyboof

The best part of this ride is actually the loading bay. It’s quite impressive, dark and moody. Besides being pretty, it sets the tone for a ride that never comes.

Attachments

• ACF28092-B510-4580-AD06-95FA4F71B43C.jpeg
    ACF28092-B510-4580-AD06-95FA4F71B43C.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 253

Mickeyboof

The worst aspect, beside the ride vehicles having little to no simulator ability is the awful seam between screen and black shiny floor.

The YouTube videos all cut out this seam, but with human eyes you see it. The whole time. You physically can’t not see it.

The screen doesn’t wrap around, and the glasses do not act as a frame. It’s just a real shame.

I am so so hopeful that Disney will improves on the ride, blurring this seam as well as providing ride vehicles that actually have motion to them when stuck flat in front of the many many many projector screens.

To sum it up, I didn’t understand why we sat in front of a screen, then moved through brief moments of still, plastic scenery only to be plopped in front of another screen (which projected boring chasing sequences) Why did we move. Why wasn’t this just a big simulator. Why are we moving through the space?

Attachments

• F40561FF-A80C-45A1-9E43-DC8194D12029.jpeg
    F40561FF-A80C-45A1-9E43-DC8194D12029.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 221

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, you know that people are interested in your thoughts. My question would be why you would ride it four times. There are better options over there, starting next door.
Because we had five 15 hour days and 4 EMH? And enjoyed the attraction.

I’ll also say Phantom Manor got a near perfect overhaul and also parks-wide cleanliness, upkeep and effects were surprisingly excellent.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Because we had five 15 hour days and 4 EMH? And enjoyed the attraction.

I’ll also say Phantom Manor got a near perfect overhaul and also parks-wide cleanliness, upkeep and effects were surprisingly excellent.
So I watched a video post-Phantom Manor’s exquisite refurbishment and convinced the wife that we need to go to DLP for the next time next year!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So I watched a video post-Phantom Manor’s exquisite refurbishment and convinced the wife that we need to go to DLP for the next time next year!

It took some convincing on my part for the wife to go to DLP while we were in France, but Phantom Manor and BTMRR there (along with the arcades on Main Street) made that trip for us.

The only thing that sucked was that it rained the entire time we were there but we couldn’t control that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They’ve done a very good job with the Manor. I’d be nit picking to complain about a few small things. I also shot it multiple times in 4K for a little edit ;)

Indeed, like I’ve said in both parks I was very impressed with show quality and effects both in and out of the attractions. DLP has never looked so good. There’s still some issues (no Discoveryland entry lighting for example) but overall it was years ahead of what I expected. Down to smoking teepees, Thundermountain smoking chimneys and oodles of neon on the exterior of Buzz. But I digress. Rat surprised me with the amount of detail you can miss in one or two rides, both physical effects and onscreen. And physical effects (temperature, water) were working.

Speaking of Rat, and the dreaded shiny floor and screen edges, I was surprised how little it bothered me. I tried sitting in both front and back rows and each time found the frame of the glasses (Dolby 3D style) sat on the lower edge of the screen and more or less hid the join between it and the floor. The screens are huge, curved and very much Transformers in feel. The cars sit inside of the curve so it’s easy for them to exceed your peripheral vision. Add in physical dressing around the sides and sometimes above too and the screens seem to blend well into the surroundings. Squinching had a few small issues if you looked back at the wrong time but again didn’t distract (and I’m picky as you know). Shiny floors didn’t bother me either. I’d call it more a matte finish than gloss. Michelle says she didn’t even notice it.

The RV is smooth, quite quick, and has plenty of pitch when needed as well as full yaw. Watching them dance around each other at load and unload is like a ballet show in itself. Like MMRR and Rise of the Resistance, the groups of cars (three here) don’t always take the same route, they sometimes share the same screen and sometimes drive into individual screen “rooms” and then reverse out to rejoin the pack. Now I understand the Parisian design and layout I can reiterate this is what is coming to Orlando minus the restaurant. Design tweaks I don’t know about.

As you see I found the attraction to be very well done. I enjoyed it more than I expected to and would class it IMHO as a high D / low E.

I also shot it multiple times in 4K and will have a little edit showing the whole facility in the near future.

Last edited:

Movielover

They’ve done a very good job with the Manor. I’d be nit picking to complain about a few small things. I also shot it multiple times in 4K for a little edit ;)

Indeed, like I’ve said in both parks I was very impressed with show quality and effects both in and out of the attractions. DLP has never looked so good. There’s still some issues (no Discoveryland entry lighting for example) but overall it was years ahead of what I expected. Down to smoking teepees, Thundermountain smoking chimneys and oodles of neon on the exterior of Buzz. But I digress. Rat surprised me with the amount of detail you can miss in one or two rides, both physical effects and onscreen. And physical effects (temperature, water) were working.

Speaking of Rat, and the dreaded shiny floor and screen edges, I was surprised how little it bothered me. I tried sitting in both front and back rows and each time found the frame of the glasses (Dolby 3D style) sat on the lower edge of the screen and more or less hid the join between it and the floor. The screens are huge, curved and very much Transformers in feel. The cars sit inside of the curve so it’s easy for them to exceed your peripheral vision. Add in physical dressing around the sides and sometimes above too and the screens seem to blend well into the surroundings. Squinching had a few small issues if you looked back at the wrong time but again didn’t distract (and I’m picky as you know). Shiny floors didn’t bother me either. I’d call it more a matte finish than gloss. Michelle says she didn’t even notice it.

The RV is smooth, quite quick, and has plenty of pitch when needed as well as full yaw. Watching them dance around each other at load and unload is like a ballet show in itself. Like MMRR and Rise of the Resistance, the groups of cars (three here) don’t always take the same route, sometimes share the same screen and sometimes drive into individual screen “rooms” and then reverse out to rejoin the pack. Now I understand the Parisian design and layout I can reiterate this is what is coming to Orlando minus the restaurant. Design tweaks I don’t know about.

As you see I found the attraction to be very well done. I enjoyed it more than I expected to and would class it IMHO as a high D / low E.

I also shot it multiple times in 4K and will have a little edit showing the whole facility in the near future.

“And it came to pass, when Marni came down from mount Europe with the multiple videos of testimony in Marnis' hand, when he came down from the park, that Marni knew not that the skin of his face shone while he rode the ride of the rat. And when the children of WDWMagic saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Marni said unto them, This is the high D/ low E which the Disney hath given you.”
Book of Eisner 10:14
Praise be to Marni

Jones14

I’m talking about their immediate placement and interaction with their respective lands. They’re not part of a cohesive space, they’re something around back connected by a path. Sausalito’s entrance isn’t located behind the old Energy Pavilion (this might be the first marginally positive thing I’ve said about that project).
I’ll give you that on TRON, but in Rat’s case I’m inclined to disagree. We won’t know for sure until it opens, but Rat’s implementation strikes me as the most carefully thought out of any of the rides being built right now.

lazyboy97o

I’ll give you that on TRON, but in Rat’s case I’m inclined to disagree. We won’t know for sure until it opens, but Rat’s implementation strikes me as the most carefully thought out of any of the rides being built right now.
Why do we need to wait? We know the plan of the expansion.

bclane

“And it came to pass, when Marni came down from mount Europe with the multiple videos of testimony in Marnis' hand, when he came down from the park, that Marni knew not that the skin of his face shone while he rode the ride of the rat. And when the children of WDWMagic saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Marni said unto them, This is the high D/ low E which the Disney hath given you.”
Book of Eisner 10:14
Praise be to Marni
That may be according to the MLV (Movie Lover Version) but my understanding is that that is more of a paraphrase than an actual translation and therefore not to be used for serious doctrinal study.:p

Jones14

Why do we need to wait? We know the plan of the expansion.
I was referring to how it feels when we actually start making that walk back to the new area. Obviously we can form some preliminary opinions based on the plans and artwork, but it’ll likely change for better or worse when we’re there in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom