News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

DanielBB8

Interesting how “catastrophic long lines” seems like success for those of us at home, and that “small crowds due to capped attendance” seems like failure.
Those people want to be first. It's to be expected since they won't wait. It's not a disaster to have long lines. I expect huge lines when Star Wars Land opens on June 24th to the general public. Then again, the biggest attraction, Rise of the Resistance, isn't opened yet so maybe some won't go.

RunningKoen

Justin Scarred again - Yes, some of you might find him to be over-enthusiastic, but this video in particular I think demonstrates the right attitude in which to ride the Falcon (especially since this one has a kid pilot that won't ever pull up): Get into the "What's going on!? We're all gonna die! What's that flashing!?" vibe.

You know, play along, have fun. :)

To me, this videos displays every questionable aspect of the ride with it's level of impact.

Buttons for engineer and gunner on the side? Not ideal but you can overcome it.
Impact of the gunners and engineers on the ride? Not that noticeable but they were able to do something.
Your co-pilots? Very determining for your experience. Very, very. Not their actions with the levers/buttons but the interaction has so much impact on your ride. Maybe even a make or break it impact. And WDW has no influence in this ...

Happyrebster

Went to Batuu yesterday in the afternoon. All I can add is:

1. The Ronto wrap is satisfying and filling. Delicious, and a full meal. So it’s a reasonable value (by Disney standards). But messy!

2. Line up early! We had a 2pm entrance time; but we showed up at 1:15. At 1:20, they moved us into the holding pen. At 1:35, the head of our group had been moved well into the Resistance Forest. And by 1:50, they had fully let us into the land. So, if you want to get into the cantina or the light saber show, be in Critter Country at least 45 minutes early. If you show up at your assigned time, you won’t be able to enjoy the more popular attractions. And you don’t want to miss the Cantina - it’s very very fun!

3. Smuggler’s Run lines were so delightfully short! Very easy to see everything in the land - eat a meal - enjoy the Cantina - and still ride SR three times during your four-hour reservation!

4. Even my hard-to-please teens really enjoyed Smuggler’s Run! They loved the teamwork element and shouting at each other about when to shoot the harpoons, etc.

5. The rumors about small crowds and short lines elsewhere in the park are TRUE! We are locals and I have never seen lines so easy and manageable in June! Wonderful! I’ll also add that the weather right now is outstanding - lots of marine layer - so it doesn’t even get too hot.

In summary, one of our family’s best Disneyland days ever! Short lines, cool weather and an entire new land!! Amazing! 10 out of 10 - would Batuu again!!!

Happyrebster

Ah, so you just mean joking around with friends, not role playing. Gotcha. In that case, sure, that’s fun. If I’m the pilot or at least one of my friends is. Some random kid? I’d just be annoyed.

We rode once with a young kid in the right pilot seat and it was great! The kids get SO EXCITED to fly the Falcon! It’s adorable! And the ride simply doesn’t let them veer too far off course. And it’s much more fun to play along with then - reassuring them that Chewy will help them stay on course. The best part of this ride is kidding around and getting into character etc. It’s exciting and fun even when you don’t get a high score. My kids immediately started role playing and I thought that part was hilarious! Really sets it apart from other rides!

mickEblu

Went to Batuu yesterday in the afternoon. All I can add is:

1. The Ronto wrap is satisfying and filling. Delicious, and a full meal. So it’s a reasonable value (by Disney standards). But messy!

2. Line up early! We had a 2pm entrance time; but we showed up at 1:15. At 1:20, they moved us into the holding pen. At 1:35, the head of our group had been moved well into the Resistance Forest. And by 1:50, they had fully let us into the land. So, if you want to get into the cantina or the light saber show, be in Critter Country at least 45 minutes early. If you show up at your assigned time, you won’t be able to enjoy the more popular attractions. And you don’t want to miss the Cantina - it’s very very fun!

3. Smuggler’s Run lines were so delightfully short! Very easy to see everything in the land - eat a meal - enjoy the Cantina - and still ride SR three times during your four-hour reservation!

4. Even my hard-to-please teens really enjoyed Smuggler’s Run! They loved the teamwork element and shouting at each other about when to shoot the harpoons, etc.

5. The rumors about small crowds and short lines elsewhere in the park are TRUE! We are locals and I have never seen lines so easy and manageable in June! Wonderful! I’ll also add that the weather right now is outstanding - lots of marine layer - so it doesn’t even get too hot.

In summary, one of our family’s best Disneyland days ever! Short lines, cool weather and an entire new land!! Amazing! 10 out of 10 - would Batuu again!!!

Thanks for the tips! Where do you get the bracelets, launch bay?

mickEblu

So what’s the best reservation slot to visit the land? 5-9pm seems to be the busiest but you have the ability to see the land at day and night. 8-12pm is too early for us and 8pm- midnight is too late. We re probably going to request either 11-3pm or 5-9pm. I’ve noticed every reservation period has some downtime in those middle two hours where groups aren’t overlapping.

BubbaQuest

I guess it's better than this....

Hawg G

The new Harry Potter coaster opened in Orlando today. It was an absolute disaster. I think Disney made the right choice using reservations to ease in.

The hard core fans that wanted to ride, did. The line made worldwide news just like when Hogwarts opened.

Even with the huge waits, almost everyone said it is a fantastic ride.

Disaster?

Mac Tonight

Speaking of crashing, has anyone who did a bad job piloting the Falcon seen "repercussions" from people around the land?
Or was that just a hopeful immersive talking point?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom