Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

TP2000

I feel like its been awhile since we heard about a ROTR opening date. Any insiders have any updates on this?

I just read a fascinating back-and-forth on another board between a longtime Disneyland CM and an Imagineer about the current status of the Disneyland ride. The basic gist is that the best-case scenario right now is an October opening for Disneyland's version, but don't be surprised to see that continue to slip towards Thanksgiving or later.

They had no mention of the DHS version, but I can't imagine the DHS version would open any earlier than Disneyland's version.

jt04

I think one thing missing is costumed alien creatures of bounty hunters. While I can see the difficulty in having them roaming around, it should be possible to have them appear and disappear along the rooflines. Just like the stormtroopers do.

Or in the wooded areas or working on ships etc.

it would definitely create a buzz.

matt9112

I think the next expansion will certainly contain another food and beverage location. I don't think the land is under built. I'm very impressed by its size. The Cantina is pretty big for a bar. I think once the desire to see everything dies down, the Cantina will be fine. I do think it was a mistake for Disney to open the land without ROTR for logistical reasons.

does desire die down....i mean sure a little but overall attendance always goes up and up.

Joesixtoe

Precisely. Once you have a shoulder banshee, who needs another? Once you have a light saber, who needs another? Once you have droid, you need to collect all the other droids and every personality chip combination so that they can keep one another company while you're at work.
I can see people wanting multiple colored light sabers... a different designed light saber, I mean there are many different light sabers you can design. I can totally see people creating more than just one.

drod1985

You don’t necessarily have to buy multiple lightsabers to get multiple colors because you can just swap the Kyber crystals out. But, there are four different styles of sabers so the most devoted of fan may want to buy one of each. Also, it would not surprise me in the least if they start offering additional parts and or styles for you to build in the future, so even a casual-to-medium fan may end up wanting to buy another as well.

Last edited:

drod1985

Imagineers have mentioned that GE already has additional spaces built that could be used for future attractions. I could easily see these spaces being used for tie-ins to new films or Disney+ shows. After watching a few walk throughs from Disneyland I figured I'd point out potential swing spaces or entrances that have been built and aren't currently in use. If I've got anything wrong please feel free to point it out. It's hard when you're just basing this off YouTube walkthroughs. :) All photos are from bioreconstruct.
  • A - Doesn’t look like it’d align or conflict with Savi’s or Dok’s. Could lead towards the building B is connected to.
  • B - This could lead to a space maybe 2/3 the size of Dok Ondar’s.
  • C - Next to the Blue/Green Milk stand. Not sure how much backstage space the milk requires, but this could there seems to be enough room to allow this to be multipurpose as well.
  • D - You can see it’s closed off on the backstage side, but it’s facade out front is a very large door. I’d imagine this was the Table Service Restaurant’s entrance originally, and may still be earmarked as such.
  • E - A small door to the right of the Cantina entrance. Could just be facade, might be able to lead elsewhere though.
  • F - Speeder garage door where the Vi/First Order pyro show has taken place. Might need to be backstage area for any future shows they hold on this stage.

Stripes

Imagineers have mentioned that GE already has additional spaces built that could be used for future attractions. I could easily see these spaces being used for tie-ins to new films or Disney+ shows. After watching a few walk throughs from Disneyland I figured I'd point out potential swing spaces or entrances that have been built and aren't currently in use. If I've got anything wrong please feel free to point it out. It's hard when you're just basing this off YouTube walkthroughs. :) All photos are from bioreconstruct.
  • A - Doesn’t look like it’d align or conflict with Savi’s or Dok’s. Could lead towards the building B is connected to.
  • B - This could lead to a space maybe 2/3 the size of Dok Ondar’s.
  • C - Next to the Blue/Green Milk stand. Not sure how much backstage space the milk requires, but this could there seems to be enough room to allow this to be multipurpose as well.
  • D - You can see it’s closed off on the backstage side, but it’s facade out front is a very large door. I’d imagine this was the Table Service Restaurant’s entrance originally, and may still be earmarked as such.
  • E - A small door to the right of the Cantina entrance. Could just be facade, might be able to lead elsewhere though.
  • F - Speeder garage door where the Vi/First Order pyro show has taken place. Might need to be backstage area for any future shows they hold on this stage.
View attachment 380331
View attachment 380332
View attachment 380333
Completely off topic to your post but watching videos from the Cantina, I thought I saw two entrances and exits. This would make sense because with a max occupancy of 276, fire code would require more escape doorway than the single entrance provides. Does anybody know if that door on the side of the white building attached to the Cantina is the other exit? (The door is in between the overhang on top of the MFSR queue and the Cantina. Not the one labeled E.)

Looking at the bottom photo posted.

999th Happy Haunt

Anyone else find it odd that the new Potter coaster at Universal is totally stealing Galaxy's Edge's thunder right now? I know they're on different coasts and all but it's kind of shocking me the reactions I'm seeing to the one coaster compared to all of Galaxy's Edge.

Haymarket2008

Anyone else find it odd that the new Potter coaster at Universal is totally stealing Galaxy's Edge's thunder right now? I know they're on different coasts and all but it's kind of shocking me the reactions I'm seeing to the one coaster compared to all of Galaxy's Edge.

Hm. I wouldn’t say that at all. It looks to be a fantastic attraction, but it by no means is generating anywhere the level of hype as Galaxy’s Edge is and will continue to. Also the general, non-reservation public haven’t even experienced the land.

TJJohn12

Hm. I wouldn’t say that at all. It looks to be a fantastic attraction, but it by no means is generating anywhere the level of hype as Galaxy’s Edge is and will continue to. Also the general, non-reservation public haven’t even experienced the land.

Yeah, @999th Happy Haunt, from a purely “not we” standpoint, I’ve seen tons of coverage of SW:GE on mainstream media. Multiple national news and entertainment shows did live broadcasts from the land, local news (mid-Atlantic-region) had a small canned package on the opening, and video coverage of the land has been in the top 10 overall trending videos on YouTube.

I’ve seen bupkis in “normal” media on Universal’s new ride. Even the ads running on cable are the generic ones with the “When your kids are grown up, bring them to a *real* theme park” theme, not targeted Potter ads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom