News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

truecoat

I haven't seen this mentioned, but is there an associated noise with the skyliners? I don't mean an artificial noise but just one that is created from the cables running? If so how loud or quiet is it and can it be heard when nearby?

Just check out the many youtube videos of people underneath them. Passport to the parks has quite a few.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I haven't seen this mentioned, but is there an associated noise with the skyliners? I don't mean an artificial noise but just one that is created from the cables running? If so how loud or quiet is it and can it be heard when nearby?
You'll hear a slight rattle when the cable grips on the gondolas run over the sheaves on each tower, but other than that, there's just a barely perceptible hum.

Grimley1968

I was just at WDW last week and saw the gondolas being tested between HS and CBR. It was remarkably quiet, even when they were testing at what seemed like higher than normal operating speeds. Compared to the normal sounds you'll hear near the parks, it's practically silent.

ETA: sorry not to post any photos, but I just can't match the quality of the photos and video others post in here.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

JoeCamel

I was just at WDW last week and saw the gondolas being tested between HS and CBR. It was remarkably quiet, even when they were testing at what seemed like higher than normal operating speeds. Compared to the normal sounds you'll hear near the parks, it's practically silent.

ETA: sorry not to post any photos, but I just can't match the quality of the photos and video others post in here.
Post away! from candid snaps to poses in front of the purple wall they are all interesting and I want to see them.

mort0420

Cool! I'm getting excited about this :D
(Not scared like many :cautious:)

This really is the most exciting transportation change at the resort since the expansion of the monorail to Epcot. It extends the Disney experience even further and removes the major dissatisfaction of the bus system for a good chunk of resort guests.

Remember - outside of those that ski at higher end resorts, most have never been on anything like this. Maybe a fixed-grip or detachable quad, but not an enclosed gondola. Been on several at Whistler/Blackcomb and Tremblant and any issue/concern people have now will be forgotten. Rode one during the summer at Whistler at 34’C (93’F) and no issues AT ALL. These gondolas will be a neat novelty for most and an attraction itself (hence merchandise)

The success of this project will exceed expectations with excellent reliability, high throughout, and improved traffic flow. The queue will consistently move which makes waiting in line go by quickly. Manpower per rider will also be incredibly low saving $$ long term.

Really looking forward to this opening!

truecoat

Ads on Twitter now.

BE0DC0EB-CD29-49BF-B88B-A7DAD9C4367E.png

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Latest list of Skyliner cabins and themes...
I guess that the total number of gondolas must have been posted in this thread somewhere, but I didn't know how many there were.
Do you know if all 140 will be circulating at the same time?
Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom