OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

Patcheslee

seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??
Open the Youth Education programs to individual kids enrollment, we don't have groups around here that do those types of things. I'd love for DD10 to get enrolled in a 3-4hr theater program that the kids get to do a mini "dinner show" for their parents at the end. Not in park but: bring back the kid camps.

Janir

I'm a bit more general in my thoughts for improvements.
EPCOT FutureWorld and TomorrowLand. Both have some overlapping directions that neither is successfully implementing.
Starting with TomorrowLand - re-theme the idea of TomorrowLand as a sci-fi thought of what the future would be and stick with it. Kitzchy to outright outlandish is fine. So everything that's there fits, and any future changes or additions would be made to fit that themeing. EPCOT Futureworld, It's hard to stick to the near future of whats real and possible, but some sort of attempt to actually fulfill the at least thought of EPCOT as Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Don't focus hard on the full living aspect, let the Land and the Sea's with Nemo and Friend fill that niche, but but try to refocus back on new expanding future technology, and how its used today. Example might be self driving cars. What AI does in those cars? How does it "see" with LIDAR & RADAR systems in conjunction with cameras. #d modeling in computers, how does it work to the average non programmer? a Return of the Sum of All Thrills would be helpful with that. How does the Internet work? Maybe a trip up the the Chicago Museum of Science and Technology in Chicago should be on Chepak's list of tasks. I'm not saying FutureWorld needs to be a museum, but a quick look around there would give them some ideas of display and attractions that would be along the lines of future of science and technology for EPCOT attractions. Too late now, but a Guardians Coaster in EPCOT would be better in TomrrowLand and the Tron could have been in FutureWorld as a ride with a showcase of technology.

In summary, some sort of longer term plan for both those areas of Disney Parks that isn't subject to short term changes in heads of Parks. That does require a Disney CEO to be a bit more hands on what that happens in the Parks, like Walt himself was.

jloucks

Really only two.

1) Decrease mass crowding. Either thru price increases or park limitations.
2) Fix busing crowding. Might happen naturally with #1

Ok, fine, 3) Nighttime parade

Lol and 4) More Harry Potter (somebody else said it first, but made me lol, so here ya go)

yedliW

I still think they should use the Innovations pavilions as a sort of ESPN Zone for STEM subjects. They could host different levels of science and technology fairs, as well as give companies (i.e. Apple, Google, Boeing, GM, etc) a chance to showcase future technology concepts.

Heppenheimer

I still think they should use the Innovations pavilions as a sort of ESPN Zone for STEM subjects. They could host different levels of science and technology fairs, as well as give companies (i.e. Apple, Google, Boeing, GM, etc) a chance to showcase future technology concepts.
Isn't that pretty much what they did at Epcot (and Disneyland's Tomorrowland) originally?

Somehow, I don't think we shall see a return of Monsanto's House of the Future anytime soon.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Remove any mention or attempt at edutainment from Epcot (not EPCOT or E.P.C.O.T)

394.jpg

nol_dur

I'm glad somebody finally made a thread for it. This way when Disney announces any of the ideas posted here, we can see how everybody who suggested something does a complete 180 and tells us about how they hate that Disney is doing it. And we'll have quotes to prove that they loved the idea until Disney announced it.
Exactly what I said, people like to hate on projects just to hate on them. We got a new gondola system and people hate it. Though it is a resort wide system instead of being inside a park.

LeighM

I would love it if WDW built a park like Disney Sea LOL. I keep seeing all of these posts and videos about how great it is and I want to experience it for myself. Without flying halfway around the world :) A little hard to do when a 2 hour flight from VA to FL is almost too much for the nerves :joyfull:

But, more realistically, it would be nice if they had the extended nighttime EMH again.

justintheharris

Exactly what I said, people like to hate on projects just to hate on them. We got a new gondola system and people hate it. Though it is a resort wide system instead of being inside a park.
"Oh I hate Tron but I wouldn't be complaining if they brought over ________"
Allow me to make a list of the potential complaints that would ensue:
1. EWW! They're homogenizing the parks!
2. EWW! A screen based ride!
3. EWW! They're replacing [insert attraction nobody cared about until 5 seconds ago]?! NO! That was my favorite ride!!!
4. EWW! That's too similar to [insert other ride]
5. EWW! Why are they building that there! Due to this technicality I'm making up on the spot, it doesn't fit the theme of the park or land.

At least one or all of these complaints would be made. And possibly more.

Mander

In the Parks
No
seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??

To be fair, I like most of the updates that are coming. The exception being getting rid of Illuminations- I'll hold out final judgement for the new show but I really wish they'd just updated to a new version of Illuminations. But who knows, I could very well love the new one too.

Anyway, I'd love to see-

• First, Epcot updates! I'd love to see an Imagination overhaul with Dreamfinder/Figment worked back in but honestly the current iteration isn't great so I'm down for something new there regardless. Same goes for Living with the Land- updating the videos would go a long ways to keeping that fresh. I also read a fan idea somewhere that coverted The Seas with Nemo and Friends to the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory- love that idea! Finally an update to Spaceship Earth (that hopefully remains faithful to the spirit of the ride).
  • Adding a nighttime parade to Magic Kingdom or adding daytime parades to any of the other parks. I definitely miss the Pixar one at HS and the Jammin' Jungle Parade at AK.
  • Updates to Fantasmic! like they got at Disneyland.
  • More parks specific merch- I feel like you find fewer unique items anymore and more general WDW or Disney Parks merch.
  • New lands, more expansion with non-screen based attractions (they make me motion sick). I'd love something Moana themed!
  • Expanded EMH and maybe a re-calibration of the current FP+ system for on site guests. It definitely feels like they've been slowly eroding the benefits of staying on site.
But like I said, I'm actually quite excited about most of the upcoming changes.

jloucks

For the record, I like it and have said it will work all along. :p

twilight mitsuk

Really only two.

1) Decrease mass crowding. Either thru price increases or park limitations.
2) Fix busing crowding. Might happen naturally with #1

Ok, fine, 3) Nighttime parade

Lol and 4) More Harry Potter (somebody else said it first, but made me lol, so here ya go)
More Harry Potter to get the crowds to UOR and away from wdw in general

Disstevefan1

I would love it if WDW built a park like Disney Sea LOL. I keep seeing all of these posts and videos about how great it is and I want to experience it for myself. Without flying halfway around the world :) A little hard to do when a 2 hour flight from VA to FL is almost too much for the nerves :joyfull:

But, more realistically, it would be nice if they had the extended nighttime EMH again.

The US will never get anything as cool as Disney Sea. Why? Answer, because Disney does not need to, guests will mob the US parks no matter what Disney does or does not do there.

That said, I am looking forward to experiencing all the new stuff at WDW. The down side, as always, the mobs of people at WDW will be worse than ever!

JIMINYCR

Probably the #1 desire of guests...Like the majority of people who have been to WDW in the past when crowds were manageable... lets find a way to disperse the crowds and make parks enjoyable again.
Give us some attractions with actual thrills we can experience first hand instead of getting that thrill through a screen.
Bring back live entertainment in street characters who entertain guests across all 4 parks.
Oh how I miss the adult night time clubs that gave us things to do after the parks. More variety of late night fun.
A variety of unique characters in the parks.
Give the return guest some kind of tiered reward for coming back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom