Rumor Fantasyland Expansion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Credentials? A college education doesn’t mean education. I’ve done my readings and my essays prove it.
Anyone can read a book or write an essay, my point is just reading some book or writing an essay doesn't give you any more entitlement to an opinion on the subject.

So unless you're some credentialed authority on the subject then your opinion is no more or no less valid than anyone here.

TROR

Anyone can read a book or write an essay, my point is just reading some book or writing an essay doesn't give you any more entitlement to an opinion on the subject.

So unless you're some credentialed authority on the subject then your opinion is no more or no less valid than anyone here.
Your attempts to tear down the truths I bring to this forum are weak. You know my writings are true and the way I’ve learned those truths is irrelevant.

britain

Original Poster
Your attempts to tear down the truths I bring to this forum are weak. You know my writings are true and the way I’ve learned those truths is irrelevant.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its your attempts at tearing down others opinions that are weak. Your sense of entitlement over being some expert because you read a book just shows your age.

Now sit down little boy and let others express their opinions in peace. ;):p😂

TROR

Its your attempts at tearing down others opinions that are weak. Your sense of entitlement over being some expert because you read a book just shows your age.

Now sit down little boy and let others express their opinions in peace. ;):p😂
More feeble attempts to diminish my credibility.

Start bringing in your own detailed studies on theme park design and what distinguishes good attractions from bad ones. Of course, that'll be hard to do when your argument consists strictly of emotions and feelings.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
More feeble attempts to diminish my credibility.

Start bringing in your own detailed studies on theme park design and what distinguishes good attractions from bad ones. Of course, that'll be hard to do when your argument consists strictly of emotions and feelings.
The fact that you're dismissive of any opinion that consist of emotion and feelings when the very idea of a theme park is to emote feelings diminished any credibility you think you had.

TROR

The fact that you're dismissive of any opinion that consist of emotion and feelings when the very idea of a theme park is to emote feelings diminished any credibility you think you had.
Theme parks, like other forms of art, exist to tell stories. We naturally have emotional reactions to stories. Emotions are a side effect of the goal, not the goal itself.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Theme parks, like other forms of art, exist to tell stories. We naturally have emotional reactions to stories. Emotions are a side effect of the goal, not the goal itself.

The fact that you believe this shows how very naive you are to art, and by extension theme parks, effects on the brain.

The brains reaction to art is more than just some object recognition, it causes reaction in the area of the brain that handles emotion. It is by telling the story that elicits this reaction. As such the artists ultimate goal is to cause that reaction, hence to cause an emotional response.

TROR

The fact that you believe this shows how very naive you are to art, and by extension theme parks, effects on the brain.

The brains reaction to art is more than just some object recognition, it causes reaction in the area of the brain that handles emotion. It is by telling the story that elicits this reaction. As such the artists ultimate goal is to cause that reaction, hence to cause an emotional response.
Yep. Which is what makes storytelling the goal of a theme park. If the goal is to make someone happy, and that's all, then there's no difference between an amusement park and a theme park. What separates the two is the storytelling.

SuddenStorm

I think this video puts many of your criticisms to rest. This isn't a passive ride. It's an experience, and a brilliant one at that.

Calling this ride a C-ticket is crazy. It's an E-ticket.

If you're looking for a Star Wars ride where you can sit in front of a screen and do nothing, then I've got just the thing: Star Tours.

Am I missing something? That video is footage from the Star Wars films, not the ride itself- and the Falcon depicted in the films operates very differently than the glorified video game WDI built.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yep. Which is what makes storytelling the goal of a theme park. If the goal is to make someone happy, and that's all, then there's no difference between an amusement park and a theme park. What separates the two is the storytelling.
Nope, all you did was twist what I said to meet your own narrative. Again shows how very naive you actually are on this subject. The goal of art again to elicit an emotion response first and foremost. Storytelling in art just happens to be one many ways to elicit that emotion, but not the only way.

There is a whole study into the psychology of art, I suggest you check it out. Good day...

TROR

Nope, all you did was twist what I said to meet your own narrative. Again shows how very naive you actually are on this subject. The goal of art again to elicit an emotion response first and foremost. Storytelling in art just happens to be one many ways to elicit that emotion, but not the only way.

There is a whole study into the psychology of art, I suggest you check it out. Good day...
This is not rooted in the classics and thus holds no value. If we're going to have an intellectual conversation you need to leave this progressive talk in the trashcan where it belongs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom