News Disney to reveal more about the future of Epcot at D23 Expo 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's like an oddball version of Project Gemini...I at least could go with Discoveryland motif if Future World gets renamed..
epcot-discoveryland-project-gemini.jpg
Oh dear...you resurrected one of the great unicorns of all time 😉
It certainly proved the viability of immersion. And the profitability. SWGE and Pandora have proven it wasn't a fluke. Guests are loving it.
How do you know what “guests are loving”? Thats just an assumption. You just claimed a mass result based on a land yet to be opened in one location and 48 hours old in another.
I never stated IP guarantees success. See: Solo.
That franchise is in complete disarray (yes...nothing has changed making that untrue)...don’t know if that’s the best example

Kqwerty124

Saw a couple people posting on social media today after everyone's favorite site posted an article today titled “BREAKING: Brazil Pavilion Will Open with No Attraction in 2022 at Epcot” lol

Kqwerty124

What about it? Brazil's been talked about on here as the next WS pavilion for over 2 years. There's a thread dedicated to it. It's not really news here.

Just thought it was interesting that they were reporting it was confirmed and/or amusing how quickly people were jumping on the Brazil 100% confirmed bandwagon given the recent Land/Sea pavilion post.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Did they though... is WWoHP in any realm of the same success if it isn’t based on the lore and fan base of that franchise? While the land is very well done it’s the IP that’s driving that success.
Right, and there are certain IPs where world building allows a full realized land. Toy Story for example, doesn't lend itself to the same level of world building as Potter, Star Wars, Cars or Avatar.

The secondary lesson here though is that everything needs to be tied to an IP and if you've looked at the results since Potter opened across Universal and Disney, the IP based rides have been a mixed bag.

RSoxNo1

As long as it doesn't become a Roger Goodell situation. That's just gotten old, at this point.
It's gotten old in the sense that Roger Goodell should have been forced out on multiple occasions. Make no mistake, the issues around Roger Goodell affect the physical well being of people. The issues around Iger and Chapek are about fan preferences. It's apples and fire engines, not apples and oranges.

jt04

So then, new Marvel phase should lead to some speculation. The MCU is far outside my ability to speculate though beyond that which I predicted when Disney acquired Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom