Are We Getting A 50th Nighttime Show for MK?

TOCPE82

For a second, I thought the title was referring to new Anniversary castle show. Which WDW hasn't done since the 15th or 25th Anniversaries.

I really, really dislike the Castle Stage shows. I think being able to walk through the castle and having Main Street Transportation be able to run later in the day is well worth the sacrifice. Walking through the castle is a seminal experience, and the MST add a great amount of movement and place to Main Street.

ToTBellHop

I really, really dislike the Castle Stage shows. I think being able to walk through the castle and having Main Street Transportation be able to run later in the day is well worth the sacrifice. Walking through the castle is a seminal experience, and the MST add a great amount of movement and place to Main Street.
I frequently ride the Main Street Vehicles during the hour before the park opens and it’s quite pleasant. Honestly Main Street is too crowded with people all day to allow the vehicles during the day.

If only there were a bypass behind (say east) of Main Street that they could open up all day...

TOCPE82

I frequently ride the Main Street Vehicles during the hour before the park opens and it’s quite pleasant. Honestly Main Street is too crowded with people all day to allow the vehicles during the day.

If only there were a bypass behind (say east) of Main Street that they could open up all day...
Then wouldn't it make sense to run the Main Street vehicles in the middle of the day, when Main Street isnt incredibly crowded? If crowds are concerned, how are they able to run that loud, obnoxious Move It, Bop It, Twist it parade several times a day?

PolynesianPrincess

I would rather have a new parade before new fireworks. HEA is only 2 years old and we all know WDW likes to run things into the ground before ever changing them (ie: Wishes.... still miss you, boo.) A new nighttime parade like Dreamlights in Tokyo or Paint the Night would be an amazing add to MK.

TrainsOfDisney

Let’s be honest.... Disney significantly cut their nighttime entertainment budget when they cut the night time parade, they have not seen a decrease in profits and they are able to pack more people into HEA which increases the demand for the cupcake party.

So cut in expenses. Increase in profits. We aren’t getting a nighttime parade back without major changes in management.

I’m just glad HEA is still a legit fireworks show, they cut out all the real pyro at studios and I’m kinda guessing that’s going to happen at Epcot too.

TrainsOfDisney

It's not.

I don’t really appreciate my quote being cut to make it appear I said something different than I did.... “I’m kinda guessing” is an important part of that sentence.

And I hope you’re right... we’ll all know in about 15 months or so. Ha.

Last edited:

doctornick

Exactly.

I don’t care about what they do for an HEA “birthday tag”. Just bring back an evening parade to MK.

This. I'm generally not as bothered as many on these boards in regards to things Disney does, but not bringing back a light parade for the 50th would be IMHO pretty unacceptable.
We should be getting a new daytime parade too, Festival will be 7 years old by then.

Just a few years ago there were 4 parades performed daily across the resort. Now there is only 1.

Personally, I'm less concerned with replacing FoF which is a solid parade and instead bringing back other parades on property. I'd much rather keep FoF and actually something in DHS during the day or even a daytime water show in DAK. I mean, nobody does parades and large scale shows like Disney and I think they are something that helps really distinguish their parks from the competition. Having so many of those larger entertainment cut over the years at WDW is sad.

jrhwdw

And how many of us suspected they'd do their best to avoid having one ... they never fail to disappoint. People wonder why some of us question everything they do or are jaded .... well ... this is a good example why ;)
For Disney's sake THIS BETTER NOT FAIL!!!! If they miss this, IDK what I'll do! IDK why ABC/ABC News, ESPN and FOX needs to be in the Company. Maybe the parks would have more money if they weren't!

ToTBellHop

And how many of us suspected they'd do their best to avoid having one ... they never fail to disappoint. People wonder why some of us question everything they do or are jaded .... well ... this is a good example why ;)
I became more concerned as I learned how successful HEA has been (according to guest satisfaction). Success sometimes promotes complacency.

TTA94

I became more concerned as I learned how successful HEA has been (according to guest satisfaction). Success sometimes promotes complacency.

Successful or not that shouldn’t impact a nighttime parade. Axe Once Upon A Time and put a parade in that time slot. There is no need to have Once Upon A Time. Don’t get me wrong it’s not a bad show, but I don’t feel it’s necessary. I’d rather have a parade following HEA which may even keep guests from making a B Line to the park exit after HEA. Plus it would help clear the park out at closing... as long as the new nighttime parade takes Frontierland to MSUSA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom