News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

SoupBone

This whole magicband upgrade mess lead me to discover this today:

It's the only magicband I've ever bought (orange Epcot 35 LE with SSE) and I haven't had a chance to use it yet so this was a very pleasant surprise! It'll be with me forever. ❤

What magic band is that?!

trainplane3

Can you elaborate? From a guest's perspective I don't see the difference. It would be nice to know when and why they deactivate it.
If you time it right, sometimes it may not be active. Could be maintenance or software issues. When I was down there last year people were saying it wasn't working too. Worked fine at most touch points in Epcot but at some it didn't.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Well! If I-4 didn't know, It knows Now!!!!:

Oh My! If ROE makes it on the next Epcot Guidemap Cover, I will lose it!!!!

OMG!!! Look what's coming June 4th!!!!:

Didn't think they would really put it on the cover! Not with Guardians Live! returning his Summer!

We're really getting close Now!

1 thing not ROE related, no mention of Skyliner, but my maybe that will be in the F&W Guidemap.

Tom Morrow

With the announced merch, billboards, and maps, it hit me and I've been thinking about this hard.

If ROE had been retired in 2009, I don't think it would have been as sad as it will be now, in 2019. After 10 years, we would have just accepted it as the natural progression. After 20 years, although many believe it overstayed its welcome, I believe it managed to transcend this and reach legendary status. A true, iconic staple and one of the last connections to the hope and optimism the entire world had at the dawn of the new millennium.

I think back to being an adolescent and seeing ROE when it was brand new, and recognizing that hope and optimism, and all the struggles and hardships I, and the entire world, have been through in that time. Yet, this show is still here, with it's uplifting hopeful message of world peace and unity.

In 2009 we also wouldn't have been so apprehensive about its replacement because they likely would have replaced it with something similar in quality. Today, we know it's being temporarily replaced by a eulogy for classic Epcot, and then it's open game for another soulless IP fest.

We now know that there will probably never be another beautiful, artistic, uplifting IP-less nighttime show like this, or at least, not until a big paradigm shift within TWDC.

So, in my opinion, this will be the hardest show to lose on several levels.

jrhwdw

With the announced merch, billboards, and maps, it hit me and I've been thinking about this hard.

If ROE had been retired in 2009, I don't think it would have been as sad as it will be now, in 2019. After 10 years, we would have just accepted it as the natural progression. After 20 years, although many believe it overstayed its welcome, I believe it managed to transcend this and reach legendary status. A true, iconic staple and one of the last connections to the hope and optimism the entire world had at the dawn of the new millennium.

I think back to being an adolescent and seeing ROE when it was brand new, and recognizing that hope and optimism, and all the struggles and hardships I, and the entire world, have been through in that time. Yet, this show is still here, with it's uplifting hopeful message of world peace and unity.

In 2009 we also wouldn't have been so apprehensive about its replacement because they likely would have replaced it with something similar in quality. Today, we know it's being temporarily replaced by a eulogy for classic Epcot, and then it's open game for another soulless IP fest.

We now know that there will probably never be another beautiful, artistic, uplifting IP-less nighttime show like this, or at least, not until a big paradigm shift within TWDC.

So, in my opinion, this will be the hardest show to lose on several levels.
What I took from ROE when I first saw it in 2000 was the pyro was better and more importantly the timing of pyro with the soundtrack was so on point. We didn't have that with earlier IllumNations. It was like next level!

IDK what we would have gotten in 2009. Frozen wasn't thought of yet, but Epcot did have Nemo then and MISI opened at MK along with CADCT which I LOVED and it had some IP music.

Calm Down Rover

Illuminations was in a sorry state tonight. The globe's screens flickered on and off while it was moving across the lagoon, and it turned off for about ten seconds once it settled into place. Really scummy of Disney to do a "Farewell Illuminations" marketing ploy while giving the show itself an undignified death.

trainplane3

Illuminations was in a sorry state tonight. The globe's screens flickered on and off while it was moving across the lagoon, and it turned off for about ten seconds once it settled into place. Really scummy of Disney to do a "Farewell Illuminations" marketing ploy while giving the show itself an undignified death.
The shows performance has been especially erratic over the past year or so. Hoping it holds itself together for my July trip which is based around watching it every night I possibly can (even staying at the Boardwalk just to be within walking distance). Kind of concerned how it'll be for the final ever showing since I'll be there for it too later this year.

HoldenC

So when did they move the synchro lights from the top of Innoventions to the tops of TestTrack and Imagination? And, also, are they new or the same ones?
62599796_10216190331985087_7674099684473831424_o.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom