So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

Piebald

I brought this up in the other thread but it probably got lost. I noticed chewbacca at DL speaks however he is mute here at the launch bay. I wonder if he will begin to speak now at DHS or even if we will have the level of entertainment seeing as how different DL and WDW are. And more importantly since DL doesnt seem ridiculously crowded the characters can walk around without being trampled whereas here it could be a disaster.

drod1985

As a lifelong Florida resident, non-dairy was absolutely the right way to go for the blue/green milk. I'd think most people could get over the difference in texture if the flavor was right, as I've only seen mixed reviews on the flavor so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to this, and possibly some other changes to food/drink offerings as well.

In terms of reservations, I'm hoping we get a similar 4 hour window in the parks for the first few weeks of opening. It seems to be working really well for DL, even spilling over to make the park overall more manageable. Since WDW has too many on-property rooms to grant everybody a time slot they could simply open the reservation process to guests with hotel reservations first.

I could see Magic Band's having a better place in the land. Maybe themed magic bands to look in-universe.

I'm also hoping both Oga's and Savi's have the return time text message system in place.

Joeamc

As a lifelong Florida resident, non-dairy was absolutely the right way to go for the blue/green milk. I'd think most people could get over the difference in texture if the flavor was right, as I've only seen mixed reviews on the flavor so far. I wouldn't be surprised to see changes to this, and possibly some other changes to food/drink offerings as well.

In terms of reservations, I'm hoping we get a similar 4 hour window in the parks for the first few weeks of opening. It seems to be working really well for DL, even spilling over to make the park overall more manageable. Since WDW has too many on-property rooms to grant everybody a time slot they could simply open the reservation process to guests with hotel reservations first.

I could see Magic Band's having a better place in the land. Maybe themed magic bands to look in-universe.

I'm also hoping both Oga's and Savi's have the return time text message system in place.
Yea, I agree, the number of WDW hotel rooms make it a bit different than DL. The reservation system definitely seems to be working in DL, so I wonder if WDW can figure out a way.

tirian

@jt04

Reports say the problem isn’t just the milk texture, but also the flavor itself. It sounds like it’s too sweet and coy to enjoy more than a few sips. LA Times says it’s not a Butterbeer killer.

@marni1971 I’m not trying to open Pandora’s box, but I’m hoping you can shed light on the question of overall immersion. Back in the early planning stages, I was told Florida’s version would feel slightly more like a real place than DL’s, mostly through sightlines and the connection to the hotel. Now, some media outlets are reporting the same thing, which means marketing is still making that claim.

Is this true or just an exaggeration? The land itself is still identical, right? DL’s sightlines look pretty darn good.

TJJohn12

I brought this up in the other thread but it probably got lost. I noticed chewbacca at DL speaks however he is mute here at the launch bay. I wonder if he will begin to speak now at DHS or even if we will have the level of entertainment seeing as how different DL and WDW are. And more importantly since DL doesnt seem ridiculously crowded the characters can walk around without being trampled whereas here it could be a disaster.

I saw your post over in the other thread,but didn’t want to spam it up over there... (Ha!)

I’m hoping they keep the character interaction the exact same way it is in DL. When I had the chance to visit a few years back, it was the thing that thrilled me the most: character interactions felt so beautifully old-school out and about in the park. Seeing Mickey hugging folks out in town square was magical.

I still think this is all a function of “guest training.” In WDW we’ve been trained the M&Gs are planned and structured. In DL, they’re ephemeral and happenstance.

So I’m hoping they keep this feature... and hope it’s an entering wedge to more ephemeral character interaction across the parks.

Castle Cake Apologist

medically untrue.... :)

Unless your body is already overheating...

Is that so? Consider me another victim of folk wisdom, then lol. I'm lactose intolerant and have hyperthyroidism, so milk on a hot Florida day would be a non-starter for me regardless. :)

City folk :( Y'all need to be outside more than the time it takes to move from a building to a car more often, its not healthy.

Hey now! I do live in a major city these days, but definitely grew up in a small Midwestern town surrounded by cornfields.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I think it's more serving actual Milk in August Florida Weather.
Drinking anything with milk in the ingredients in August is going to end badly for some people. Florida in August is a little different than Anaheim in August as everyone knows. Might be a lot of code V calls.
Milk doesn't really settle very well in the stomach when you're walking around for 10 hours in that 100+ degree humid Florida day, though.

I'm pretty sure if all those people can tolerate the ice cream they're pumping out of the Parlor and the Milk Shakes from the Plaza, they could handle a milk-based beverage on a hot Florida day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@jt04

Reports say the problem isn’t just the milk texture, but also the flavor itself. It sounds like it’s too sweet and coy to enjoy more than a few sips. LA Times says it’s not a Butterbeer killer.

@marni1971 I’m not trying to open Pandora’s box, but I’m hoping you can shed light on the question of overall immersion. Back in the early planning stages, I was told Florida’s version would feel slightly more like a real place than DL’s, mostly through sightlines and the connection to the hotel. Now, some media outlets are reporting the same thing, which means marketing is still making that claim.

Is this true or just an exaggeration? The land itself is still identical, right? DL’s sightlines look pretty darn good.
I know there were still recently concerns about sight lines in Orlando. Specifically Slinky.

I was still under the impression there will be things... in the Sky too.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I know there were still recently concerns about sight lines in Orlando. Specifically Slinky.

I was still under the impression there will be things... in the Sky too.

Glad to know they actually still care about sight-lines - I'm assuming they have a plan to correct this? Or are we going to be subject to a slinky shaped wiener dog bouncing through our galactic adventures?

Mike730

Menus definitely need revisions with more dairy and meat products. Not sure who or what is driving this vegan crusade but I won't be participating. Yuck.
How difficult would it be to make one milk vegan and one dairy?
Oh and a blue milk dairy desert (actual ice cream).

I'm with you on having the milk options, but as far as I can tell the food is mostly non-Vegan. Docking bay 7 has one vegan option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Ronto Roasters is all meat. Popcorn is popcorn. What else am I missing?

jt04

I'm with you on having the milk options, but as far as I can tell the food is mostly non-Vegan. Docking bay 7 has one vegan option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Ronto Roasters is all meat. Popcorn is popcorn. What else am I missing?

The meat options are not very appetizing and there is almost no dishes that include cheese. Very strange menu. Definitely designed in Cali for Cali.

Will need changes for the swamp. Ice cream 🍦 would be a good starting point. IMO. 😀

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom