Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stripes

With the whole Outpost Control, the panels tell you whether they're leaning to one side or the other. If it's flashing between red and blue, it hasn't been claimed by a side yet. If it's flashing a single color, it's leaning to a side, but it hasn't been fully claimed. If it's solid red or blue, it has already been claimed and can't be hacked for a side. It takes multiple hacks to fully lock down a panel.
Awesome! Thanks! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Kman101

True, it doesn't get much bigger than this, but to see the Disneyland President right out in front just feet from the maddening crowd on opening day is rare. Or at least a big change from his predecessor, who was unseen and unheard from the most part, and totally in hiding when Disneyland opened the last big new ride under his watch; Guardians of the Galaxy.

If Mr. Damaro is hands on, that's a very good thing and a refreshing change of pace for Anaheim execs.

Watching some live streams and videos, he looked thrilled to be there. Shaking guests hands in the land, in the Cantina meeting with guests and vloggers. He seemed like a nice guy. It was nice to see him on hand. I doubt Phil Holmes will be shaking hands on Florida's opening day ...

Kman101

Exactly. I just read that Falcon ride review on Micechat, and the CM's fun comments really seemed to insult him.

For those unfamiliar with SoCal Internet culture, that person who runs Micechat is also a Club 33 member and is used to gliding around the park with his unlimited Club 33 Fastpasses, drinking in the private Club 33 speakeasy in DCA and dining at Club 33 in Disneyland, before he goes on to his roped off Club 33 seating sections for parades, fireworks and water shows in both parks. He's often spotted with a gaggle of Internet chums and various hangers-on, geeking out over the "famous" website owner and Club 33 member who deigned it appropriate to be their friend.

He is used to CM's offering him chilled (or warmed, depending on season) cucumber scented towels and his favorite cocktail as he enters Club 33. So for some cheeky ride operator to say “Left pilot, you’re going to owe us money after flying like that.” is just too much for a snowflake like that to deal with. He's clearly unable to laugh at himself.

For the other 99% of the paying customers, that type of interaction is going to be all part of the fun. Laugh at yourself! You flew the freaking Millenium Falcon, but you aren't as good at it as Chewbacca. That's funny, not insulting! :D

Explains EVERYTHING about him. Makes so much sense.

Stripes

I was looking at the reviews in the Disneyland thread, and had to stop. Lots of needless negativity over there.
Disneyland locals resent this land for reasons I truly don't understand. Honestly, Disney just plumped down a $1 billion expansion and you're b****ing about how this brilliantly tucked away land ruins the "intimate" feel of the park? Spare me.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Anyone have a good pic of some of the color difference between the Florida and California lands? I know the Florida is supposed to be a little more vibrant than California, but I’ve yet to find a good pic that shows the color in Florida.

Intentionally the color differences are not meant to be discernible. The changes are intended to offset the light differences.. so the net result is similar.

Darth Snips

Does anyone know who these tweets are in reference to?

It's a reporter from Collider who apparently is pitching a small hissy fit because he wasn't invited to the media preview for Galaxy's Edge. His name is Kristian Harloff, and he's been covering Star Wars related news for years. Evidently he believed that entitled him to a free ticket to GE.

Princess Leia

It's a reporter from Collider who apparently is pitching a small hissy fit because he wasn't invited to the media preview for Galaxy's Edge. His name is Kristian Harloff, and he's been covering Star Wars related news for years. Evidently he believed that entitled him to a free ticket to GE.
My name is Princess Leia on this forum and I am shocked, shocked! that I was not invited to the SWGE opening festivities 😉

There are a million pop culture sites these days, the fact that someone is literally throwing a fit over this is a little ridiculous.

Darth Snips

My name is Princess Leia on this forum and I am shocked, shocked! that I was not invited to the SWGE opening festivities 😉

There are a million pop culture sites these days, the fact that someone is literally throwing a fit over this is a little ridiculous.
It really is ridiculous. And to make matters worse, his site was invited to the preview. He was just upset that he personally wasn't invited.

It really is disappointing what little it takes to get people riled up these days.

Mike S

It really is ridiculous. And to make matters worse, his site was invited to the preview. He was just upset that he personally wasn't invited.

It really is disappointing what little it takes to get people riled up these days.
Wait, so he still got to go anyway with his site?

Is it assault if someone gives him the slaps his parents should’ve? Asking for a friend, of course...

Princess Leia

This sums it up nicely

Is there going to be anything for press when it opens at DHS or Paris? Or is Anaheim the only time that there will be an early roll out? I’m just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom