So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

durangojim

Original Poster
I’m just curious based on initial reports what changes (if any) we’re going to see when DHS’s opens like having rotating chairs on Smuggler’s Run, or more patient CMs at Oga’s Cantina (although I prefer WDW CMs to DL CMs).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’m just curious based on initial reports what changes (if any) we’re going to see when DHS’s opens like having rotating chairs on Smuggler’s Run, or more patient CMs at Oga’s Cantina (although I prefer WDW CMs to DL CMs).

I doubt they would put rotating chairs in Smuggler's Run. It's a simulator, so having freely rotating chairs would cause a new set of problems.

I would expect operational change as things go along in DL and these will likely come to DHS when it opens.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Menus definitely need revisions with more dairy and meat products. Not sure who or what is driving this vegan crusade but I won't be participating. Yuck.
I have no problem with one non-dairy plant-based “milk”, but dang it, one of the “milks” needs to actually be milk. It’s a texture thing from what I’ve been reading online.

Non-Vegans unite!

jt04

I get that they wanted to let everyone try it, but blue milk should be milk based.

I noticed in most streams people sipping from the glass but few finishing it. Saw a lot of it get thrown away. The food menus also seem hit and miss.

PS a lot of people don't know how to eat ribs either. What is going on?

😂

Surferboy567

I have no problem with one non-dairy plant-based “milk”, but dang it, one of the “milks” needs to actually be milk. It’s a texture thing from what I’ve been reading online.

Non-Vegans unite!
I get that they wanted to let everyone try it, but blue milk should be milk based.

As someone who is allergic to dairy, I’m extremely happy they went the plant based route. I haven’t been to galaxy’s edge yet I am going soon (countdown below for details) so I’m interested to see how I feel about the “milks”.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I dunno, maybe it's just me but I don't want to drink milk in 95 degree 100 percent humidity weather. I heard the green milk is actually really good. Someone compared it to a fruity pebbles milkshake. The blue I've heard is to floral.
It’s frozen, so more like a milkshake.

Tim Tracker said that the blue tasted like a potpourri milkshake and the green like a Fruity Pebbles milkshake.

Someone else (Corless maybe?) actually preferred the blue; so to each his own I guess.

Princess Leia

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I don't want to drink milk in 95 degree 100 percent humidity weather. I heard the green milk is actually really good. Someone compared it to a fruity pebbles milkshake. The blue I've heard is to floral.
It’s frozen, so more like a milkshake.

Tim Tracker said that the blue tasted like a potpourri milkshake and the green like a Fruity Pebbles milkshake.

Someone else (Corless maybe?) actually preferred the blue; so to each his own I guess.
I’ve read the opposite in reviews? Blue is fruity pebbles and green is floral... and I think I’ve only read one that said that the Green was good. Blue seems to be the overwhelming favorite here, but everyone seems to think it’s way overpriced ($8 for a non alcoholic drink is steep).

While I don’t see the price going down at all, it’s possible that they’ll tweak the flavor for Green.

Goofyernmost

As someone who is allergic to dairy, I’m extremely happy they went the plant based route. I haven’t been to galaxy’s edge yet I am going soon (countdown below for details) so I’m interested to see how I feel about the “milks”.
Yes, but since the call it Milk, why would anyone with a milk allergy even try it? There can always just be a substitute available for those with the allergy.
I noticed in most streams people sipping from the glass but few finishing it. Saw a lot of it get thrown away. The food menus also seem hit and miss.

PS a lot of people don't know how to eat ribs either. What is going on?

😂
If that is true then they will discontinue it because at some point it will stop selling. As far as the ribs thing... you lost me! ????

Stripes

I’ve read the opposite in reviews? Blue is fruity pebbles and green is floral... and I think I’ve only read one that said that the Green was good. Blue seems to be the overwhelming favorite here, but everyone seems to think it’s way overpriced ($8 for a non alcoholic drink is steep).

While I don’t see the price going down at all, it’s possible that they’ll tweak the flavor for Green.
I don't understand why they had to make it "milk." Even if it's plant-based, they could've gone with a carbonated soda drink and called it "blue milk." There was never a description of the drink as far as I'm aware. They had all of the options in the world, and this is the best they could do?

They should scrap both recipes and go back to the drawing board. These should've been a hit. If the reviews I've read are representative of a consensus-they're anything but.

The land is absolutely fantastic. I hope they'll fix the few shortcomings quickly.

Joeamc

I think Disneyworld may consider a reservation system seeing that the Disneyland opening of GE went so well

Princess Leia

I don't understand why they had to make it "milk." Even if it's plant-based, they could've gone with a carbonated soda drink and called it "blue milk." There was never a description of the drink as far as I'm aware. They had all of the options in the world, and this is the best they could do?

They should scrap both recipes and go back to the drawing board. These should've been a hit. If the reviews I've read are representative of a consensus-they're anything but.

The land is absolutely fantastic. I hope they'll fix the few shortcomings quickly.
I always just assumed it was milk, and then that was confirmed by Lucas I think. But going that far out of the box when it came to taste seems to have backfired a bit.

I have a carton of almond milk in my fridge, only because I don’t drink dairy milk enough and have wasted a lot before I finally learned. Now I get that using almond milk would cut out a portion of the crowd coming to Disney, but that might at least help with the texture issue I’m reading about, and won’t spoil like dairy in the Orlando summer months.

Green just needs a new flavor. Might I suggest mint?

the_rich

I always just assumed it was milk, and then that was confirmed by Lucas I think. But going that far out of the box when it came to taste seems to have backfired a bit.

I have a carton of almond milk in my fridge, only because I don’t drink dairy milk enough and have wasted a lot before I finally learned. Now I get that using almond milk would cut out a portion of the crowd coming to Disney, but that might at least help with the texture issue I’m reading about, and won’t spoil like dairy in the Orlando summer months.

Green just needs a new flavor. Might I suggest mint?
Maybe they can try oat milk

SpoiledBlueMilk

I think it's more serving actual Milk in August Florida Weather.
Maybe they can try oat milk
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom