Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jrhwdw

It does feel a little lackluster now after Disneyland's opening. I know every Orlando and Anaheim vlogger will still be in Orlando vlogging it but it's not nearly as special now, the excitement of the ceremony and historic land opening is just "oh, here ya go Florida ...". Still an amazing land I'm glad we'll have but it feels kinda ... been there done that in a way, lol. But I also never felt the need like so many to rush to Cali for the opening. I'm just fine waiting for it in Florida. I'd rather experience it in my 'home parks'. (But honestly I'm dreading the chaos, heat, etc. that will go along with it; Disneyland was very smart with the reservations, even if I don't quite agree with the whole "well pay to stay at our resort and you can get in" I'd much rather have that kind of guaranteed window of entry and a much more pleasant experience, but I was watching numerous live streamers yesterday and the crowds definitely increased as the day progressed so you only truly benefitted if you got in first, IMO, but you still benefited from lack of "everyone" getting in of course ... mixed bag here but I think it worked for them)

Not every Vlog/Streamer made it to DLR. Some do cover both Resorts or have a west coast crew.(Streaming The Magic, ResortTV1, Spokesmayne are the big ones) We all know Corless has a site for both WDW and DLR. Why so many east streamers? Might be because DL is home to the first SWL in the world?(until Aug 29th of course) That's just my guess, not making a point or anything.

As far as stealing spirit from DHS Aug 29th, I'm not sure. I for one am so stoked for this!! I have a feeling the energy will just as high, esp if DHS surprises us with ROTR(I say surprise because I heard all kinds of dates for ROTR yesterday: End of June, Summer, December???)

Can't wait for Skyliner Opening Day as Well!! That will be Fantastic and a Proud Day!

WIth most of the steamers based in Orlando, THIS should be a FANTASTIC second half of 2019!!!!!!!

Mike S

I definitely think Disneyland has better transitions (and better weather for the opening! lol). It made no sense to put GE where they did in HS and have you enter through a tunnel from the road of a California inspired street. Meh. How about, you know, entering Cars Land through that tunnel instead? And GE could have gone next to Star Tours and Indy and had a better transition. I also think we need a third entrance just as much as DL does. But then again, maybe it works just fine going through the tunnel? But the placement has always bothered me for DHS. Just minor whining ... no one needs to get upset. JMO. lol.
Putting it next to Star Tours would’ve still had us going from a California inspired street since that’s pretty much the whole park. Echo Lake remember? Or even Hollywood Blvd.

jrhwdw

Posted this in the logo thread But I'll put it here also because the New Guidemap which comes out tomorrow Has SWGE's logo, has the words Capacity is limited and ROTR opens later in the year.

So I don't think we'll see DL's Reservations or ROTR on Aug 29th.

Rteetz

Posted this in the logo thread But I'll put it here also because the New Guidemap which comes out tomorrow Has SWGE's logo, has the words Capacity is limited and ROTR opens later in the year.

Disney has said for a while now RotR wouldn’t open with the opening of DHS.

bclane

Mix Magic Pyro from SWGE!!!!(no Music pimped in):

Looks great! Reminds me of Videos of Wishes from Toontown Fair!

Don't know how I feel about no music. We all know Mix Magic doesn't belong in SWGE, but I wouldn't mind hearing DL Forever's theme in SWGE! Can't wait till Friday!!!!! SO GLAD DL thought of DL Forever!!!!

Wonder if SWAGS will be pimped into DHS' SWGE? It's SW related,
I know SWAGS is not heard in TSL.

I think they should be able to figure out a way to integrate the fireworks into the story better. They could easily pipe Star Wars themed music into Batuu that is timed to the regular Disneyland fireworks. They could also supplement with show elements only seen from Batuu but with a few touches and story they could basically get two shows for the price of one depending on where you are in the park (i.e. in front of the castle or in Batuu). Seems like they didn’t really think it through that much if different Batuu residents are giving different explanations for what the pyro was. I don’t think it will be long before they all have a more cohesive answer though.

Kman101

Not every Vlog/Streamer made it to DLR. Some do cover both Resorts or have a west coast crew.(Streaming The Magic, ResortTV1, Spokesmayne are the big ones) We all know Corless has a site for both WDW and DLR. Why so many east streamers? Might be because DL is home to the first SWL in the world?(until Aug 29th of course) That's just my guess, not making a point or anything.

As far as stealing spirit from DHS Aug 29th, I'm not sure. I for one am so stoked for this!! I have a feeling the energy will just as high, esp if DHS surprises us with ROTR(I say surprise because I heard all kinds of dates for ROTR yesterday: End of June, Summer, December???)

Can't wait for Skyliner Opening Day as Well!! That will be Fantastic and a Proud Day!

WIth most of the steamers based in Orlando, THIS should be a FANTASTIC second half of 2019!!!!!!!

No I get why they’re there. I watch the latter two and appreciate their coverage.

It’s a bigger deal for Disneyland and I understand why.

No Name

Micechat’s review of the ride is not exactly favorable.

What a frickin baby. “Stressed” over controls in a ride? Okay I’ll give him a pass. But “insulted” because the CM actually comment on his performance flying the ship? Ha! That’s a cool interactive element and extension of the ride which unfortunately might not last long because of manchildren like him. Everyone needs a perfectly happy ending all the time it seems, and would prefer not to face the consequences of their actions and improve from experience.

Perhaps they will add a “Rey option,” where you are unreasonably perfect at everything the first time you try it.

drod1985

The Disney Parks Blog has said a few times that no reservations will be required at DHS at this time. They’re likely waiting to assess the successes (or failures) of DL’s reservation system.

Casper Gutman

What a frickin baby. “Stressed” over controls in a ride? Okay I’ll give him a pass. But “insulted” because the CM actually comment on his performance flying the ship? Ha! That’s a cool interactive element and extension of the ride which unfortunately might not last long because of manchildren like him. Everyone needs a perfectly happy ending all the time it seems, and would prefer not to face the consequences of their actions and improve from experience.

Perhaps they will add a “Rey option,” where you are unreasonably perfect at everything the first time you try it.
I dunno, I suspect quite a lot of people who wait in a multi-hour line only to be insulted by a CM might not love it. The difficulties associated with having guests “lose” is one of the many reasons interactive theme park rides are a bad idea. Also, some people don’t go to theme parks to “face the consequences of their actions” or “improve” their attraction-riding skills. I strongly suspect most don’t.

Is the policy on these boards going to be to personally insult anyone who makes a less-then-adulatory comment about SWGE?

Mike S

Likely raised to believe the world gives you a trophy just for existing.

Bleed0range

I definitely think Disneyland has better transitions (and better weather for the opening! lol). It made no sense to put GE where they did in HS and have you enter through a tunnel from the road of a California inspired street. Meh. How about, you know, entering Cars Land through that tunnel instead? And GE could have gone next to Star Tours and Indy and had a better transition. I also think we need a third entrance just as much as DL does. But then again, maybe it works just fine going through the tunnel? But the placement has always bothered me for DHS. Just minor whining ... no one needs to get upset. JMO. lol.

I’m most worried that the DHS version isn’t going to be designed for that park so it’s going to be the DL version that is better. I’m worried I’ll be seeing TSL from DHS version. Worried it won’t be as immersive.

sedati

They’ll have to take out the parts on the Indiana Jones and the Temple of The Forbidden Eye where you get berated for looking into the eyes of Mara as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom