News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Seriously, though, you’re in Disneyland buying souvenirs. All the guests around you are in everyday attire and taking photos with cell phones. You just paid with a Visa card. I don’t think a themed shopping bag is going to effect the “immersion” one way or the other. This is DL’s version of a ren fair.
I just find it surprising given how they even have special carriers and backpacks for the droids and porg dolls they sell. Surprised there is not a bag that says "Bright Suns" or "Good Journey" on it or something that shows it was purchased in this portion of the park.

Bongocrab88

Any reports so far on the reputation system? How your score on Faclon would impact the way interactions happened throughout the land?

Or any word on the interaction with the DisneyPlay app and if it is worth doing.

sponono88

The new guide maps are so nice! It’s a thick glossy paper that feels more like a souvenir than a disposable map. Fancy.

Speaking of bags, CMs were given these nice reusable bags today in addition to some other goodies:

Attachments

• 2CDF72F7-8291-4A53-BAA2-EDED59A56D68.jpeg
    2CDF72F7-8291-4A53-BAA2-EDED59A56D68.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 262CBB23-3541-47E4-88F4-C5E6AF1E4AF4.jpeg
    262CBB23-3541-47E4-88F4-C5E6AF1E4AF4.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 74

Disney Analyst

i am sure most of toon town is also fire proof but they still shut it down. i just find it interesting with the land being right next door they leave it open, although it is way bigger than toon town being 14 acres so i am assuming that is the main reason it remains open. i wonder if the fireworks are above the falcon because that would be a good photo op?

This shows the Falcon perspective.

I think Toontown is just closer then this?

mickEblu

oo_nrb

Anyone who knows anything about queue management knows that posted wait times are a powerful psychological tool, which is why Disney inflates their usually.

This is absolutely incorrect. Posted wait times are based on multiple factors: data from the cards handed out in the queue, the current capacity of the attraction, and the Cast Members' history/knowledge of the queue. Then, the posting is dependent on having someone available to update the time. Even then, all of this is based on either what the wait is estimated currently, or what it is reported as over the previous 1-2 hours. Due to all of these factors, plus good ol' fashioned human error, the posted wait time is always an estimate, but one that Cast Members hope is fairly accurate. At no time are wait times encouraged to be artificially inflated.

Source: Me, I am one of the people who updates the wait times.

Snow Queen

I figure this is the right place for this question: watching some shop tours, I noticed in the Droid Depot, they have 6 of the personality chips. Two for each group, in different colours. Does anyone know if these make any personality difference, or if they're just different colours?

DisneylandGal

I figure this is the right place for this question: watching some shop tours, I noticed in the Droid Depot, they have 6 of the personality chips. Two for each group, in different colours. Does anyone know if these make any personality difference, or if they're just different colours?
I was watching a livestream earlier, and they said that each chip gives the droid a different personality and lets them make different sounds. They didn’t get one, though and the sound sample device wasn’t working when they tried it. I’m not 100% sure, but I think it makes sense. Can someone who went today (or a cm) confirm?

DisneylandGal

This is absolutely incorrect. Posted wait times are based on multiple factors: data from the cards handed out in the queue, the current capacity of the attraction, and the Cast Members' history/knowledge of the queue. Then, the posting is dependent on having someone available to update the time. Even then, all of this is based on either what the wait is estimated currently, or what it is reported as over the previous 1-2 hours. Due to all of these factors, plus good ol' fashioned human error, the posted wait time is always an estimate, but one that Cast Members hope is fairly accurate. At no time are wait times encouraged to be artificially inflated.

Source: Me, I am one of the people who updates the wait times.
This is great info - I’ve always wondered how this was done. Thanks for sharing!

captveg

I was watching a livestream earlier, and they said that each chip gives the droid a different personality and lets them make different sounds. They didn’t get one, though and the sound sample device wasn’t working when they tried it. I’m not 100% sure, but I think it makes sense. Can someone who went today (or a cm) confirm?

I believe the three types are Resistance, First Order, and Smuggler. No idea if, say, the R-Series Smuggler is different than the BB-Series Smuggler, but I would think so, at least to some degree.

DisneylandGal

I believe the three types are Resistance, First Order, and Smuggler. No idea if, say, the R-Series Smuggler is different than the BB-Series Smuggler, but I would think so, at least to some degree.
Yes! That seems right now that I think back to the symbols I saw associated with the colors. Thanks!!

Mickeyboof

SPOILERS BELOW- SHOWING RIDE BUILDING INSIDE.

Experienced a long breakdown today. Hondo had LOTS of video scenes making light of the breakdown. Then it went black.

A while passed before we got “rescued.”

In the end, We were walked off and immediately we’re boarded on for Another go at it.

The show Building is quite impressive! The dome really wraps around the cockpit.

Only caught two photos.

Attachments

• AC4C95A3-D420-4E69-85E6-53D7787F8163.jpeg
    AC4C95A3-D420-4E69-85E6-53D7787F8163.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 4C44D337-85E7-4BC3-984A-8000E57EEEF5.jpeg
    4C44D337-85E7-4BC3-984A-8000E57EEEF5.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 255

mandelbrot

There are 4 hour windows with 1 hour of overlap at the end. So for example the first window starts at 8am and goes to noon. The second window is 11am to 3pm then 2pm to 6pm, etc... They are not every hour. They are using colored wrist bands with the time window also printed on it to control crowds. After 4 hours you must leave the land. It’s a pretty solid system and seems to be well organized, much better than the “goat rodeo” that went on when Pandora opened.

Resort guests all received a reservation for a time during their stay. It’s been advertised heavily and the hotel prices reflect the added perk. They are not being shut out. The reservations are also not transferable so no playing games with selling them or booking and canceling hotel reservations to get in.

I know you have some unhealthy hatred for this new land but it’s not cool to make stuff up to fit your narrative. Someone who actually plans to visit this land may read your nonsense and think it’s actually right.
Well on day 1 many many guests overstayed their reservation times by hours. There was no sweep of the land. Disney is bending over backwards to make sure people don't complain. Maybe that will change but the first day was very lax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom