News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Timothy_Q

Problem is, they don’t understand architecture anymore. Space is a pretty facade stuck to a shed.

Which is an exact description of the Imagination building

Epcot 1.jpg

Epcot 2.jpg

*Q*

It's a little weird to see this rear its head again years later. I feel like that was damage done when they were changing the rainbow paint job back to the original scheme.
Depends which version they go with :)

View attachment 377522
I mean, there's no way they're not just going with the version in the art they released at the Expo, right? I think we'd be seeing much different construction going on if it were either of those other two versions. Plus, of course, this being modern Disney, that would be the cheapest option.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think since there's pics where the Milano is supposed to show up inside the queue, that's why we aren't seeing it on the outside and seeing the Nova Corps ship instead.

Also, I guess we're assuming the timeline for this attraction will be from the first film, BUT maybe it will be a timeline of the third one.....Xandar may be destroyed, but we could see some remnants and another superhero emerge (I'm no expert!)

*Q*

I think since there's pics where the Milano is supposed to show up inside the queue, that's why we aren't seeing it on the outside and seeing the Nova Corps ship instead.
I don't think that necessarily means anything, just look at what they're doing with the Millennium Falcon for Smuggler's Run.

briangaw

Problem is, they don’t understand architecture anymore. Space is a pretty facade stuck to a shed.

But EPCOT Center is dead.

Not only is EPCOT Center dead apparently so is the entire Disney Parks and Resorts philosophy too. Currently the Bobs have a build a moat strategy. We knew this was the thought process, but hearing him say it and so boastfully and also with such disdain for the original idea camp of people is just sad. I'll just leave this here (good bits are over at ~11:50, stick through 13:18 for the talk about appealing to the masses, although the whole video is an interesting watch).

Imagineer777

I think that the first and second of those three concepts are the best...Even though I REALLY love the second one with the Milano, I'll still be happy if we end up with the first one which was in the official announcements at D23. At least, I assume there's no turning back now from the first concept they released, right?

Mac Tonight

Not only is EPCOT Center dead apparently so is the entire Disney Parks and Resorts philosophy too. Currently the Bobs have a build a moat strategy. We knew this was the thought process, but hearing him say it and so boastfully and also with such disdain for the original idea camp of people is just sad. I'll just leave this here (good bits are over at ~11:50, stick through 13:18 for the talk about appealing to the masses, although the whole video is an interesting watch).

Say it with me now folks:
"This man is an idiot!"

RSoxNo1

It's impressive how little he talks about creativity and how much he uses corporate buzz words.

Figment Newton

Depends which version they go with :)

View attachment 377522
I've got to say, I think I like the middle one the best of the three. I like that they are keeping certain elements in the current design, but the middle one does have a more futuristic and lively feel to it. Maybe just because the mockup has more people in it? I especially like the sphere on the right and raised walkway/balcony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom