Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

BlakeW39

I've seen suggestions range from Dinoland being converted to South America to just making it Indy VS Dinosaurs

I have never liked that, however. Prehistory should in some major way stay with DAK. Replacing that theme with Indy would be a huge loss to me. But luckily from what I have heard here it seems that the dino theme shall stay.

capsshield

Big focus on 4 things this year, Epcot, Galaxy Edge, Marvels Movie slate, and Disney Plus however there will be stuff for all the parks.

I think we will see a big EPCOT model of at least the Future World side and perhaps a smaller model of Brazil or at least Concept art. Likely the Mary Poppins attraction as well. More info on new shows and parades. This will then move into the Odyssey as a walk through. The walk through may include stuff from One Man's Dream.

Animal Kingdom will get shows and parades announced I think it's too soon to reveal other plans.

Magic Kingdom will highlight attraction enhancements, a possible rework or two and new shows, mostly pixie dust. Maybe return of the theater from last show.

Studios will be a big push for Galaxy Edge and Mickey's ride. They can't afford to miss the big opportunity to grow excitement. Don't expect much to be shown in this park because of this. They know they have a problem with capacity but they will do some very simple things with low cost entertainment to distract the crowd for a year or two while they prepare to change out shows and add a few more attraction.

Possible cruise ship and travel announcements along with DVC plans and Star Wars hotel.

More accurate list of opening dates.

Marvels slate of new movies. Disney wants this to be their version of the San Diego con and will use the show as such.

Big reveals and clips from Disney Plus. Maybe even a special advance order gift and discount for signing up.
More propaganda about how smooth the transition between Fox and Disney is going.

jrhwdw

Big focus on 4 things this year, Epcot, Galaxy Edge, Marvels Movie slate, and Disney Plus however there will be stuff for all the parks.

I think we will see a big EPCOT model of at least the Future World side and perhaps a smaller model of Brazil or at least Concept art. Likely the Mary Poppins attraction as well. More info on new shows and parades. This will then move into the Odyssey as a walk through. The walk through may include stuff from One Man's Dream.

Animal Kingdom will get shows and parades announced I think it's too soon to reveal other plans.

Magic Kingdom will highlight attraction enhancements, a possible rework or two and new shows, mostly pixie dust. Maybe return of the theater from last show.

Studios will be a big push for Galaxy Edge and Mickey's ride. They can't afford to miss the big opportunity to grow excitement. Don't expect much to be shown in this park because of this. They know they have a problem with capacity but they will do some very simple things with low cost entertainment to distract the crowd for a year or two while they prepare to change out shows and add a few more attraction.

Possible cruise ship and travel announcements along with DVC plans and Star Wars hotel.

More accurate list of opening dates.

Marvels slate of new movies. Disney wants this to be their version of the San Diego con and will use the show as such.

Big reveals and clips from Disney Plus. Maybe even a special advance order gift and discount for signing up.
More propaganda about how smooth the transition between Fox and Disney is going.
Is other shows, even parades in the works for AK???? Or are we just wishful thinking??

Maybe a big update for ROL if the public rejects ROL: WAO?
I liked it, but I know most of the bloggers don't, be interesting to see where the public sits on ROL:WAO.

Wrong Resort here, but I'd love to know a more firm date for HKDL's Castle/Castle Shows

Franklin47disneyguy

Yep, that definitely is an option.

I'm just saying adding lands and rides may not be enough in 5 years. If Universal's getting people to book just Universal vacations.

I understand I would love to visit a new build Disney park to, but with Iger's/ Chapeks 2 rides is a land policy. We then get another heavily under build park, phase 2 rides are canceled and we have DHS, DCA, DAK, WDS, HKDL all over again. Plus they missed the ship, Star Wars should have been a separate park with like 15 rides. DHS infrastructure isn't

BlakeW39

I understand I would love to visit a new build Disney park to, but with Iger's/ Chapeks 2 rides is a land policy. We then get another heavily under build park, phase 2 rides are canceled and we have DHS, DCA, DAK, WDS, HKDL all over again. Plus they missed the ship, Star Wars should have been a separate park with like 15 rides. DHS infrastructure isn't

Star Wars should not be or have been the theme of the second park. Even Marvel would be a bettee idea and that shouldn't be it either.

You need a more massive appeal. Many people have not watched SW and do not care for the idea of the franchise.

But yes a 5th park in Orlando would be hell. They'd divert even less resources to what they have and equally few to what new they're building.

MickeyMouse10

I agree about Star Wars, I think Disney messed up on both coasts.

It should have gotten it's own park in Florida and it should have at least went in the less popular one in California. Putting Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland park is like putting it in Magic Kingdom. It already is too crowded, what's it going to be after the opening?

peter11435

I agree about Star Wars, I think Disney messed up on both coasts.

It should have gotten it's own park in Florida and it should have at least went in the less popular one in California. Putting Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland park is like putting it in Magic Kingdom. It already is too crowded, what's it going to be after the opening?
I agree about Disneyland.

DHS is where it belongs at WDW though.

doctornick

I agree about Disneyland.

DHS is where it belongs at WDW though.

Agreed, but I do think the point that SW could use more than what it is getting is valid. A second land in DHS would make a lot of sense, especially if they set in in the time of the original trilogy to allow using different characters.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Star Wars should not be or have been the theme of the second park. Even Marvel would be a bettee idea and that shouldn't be it either.

You need a more massive appeal. Many people have not watched SW and do not care for the idea of the franchise.

But yes a 5th park in Orlando would be hell. They'd divert even less resources to what they have and equally few to what new they're building.

I agree with this... they need to EXPAND the parks they have now and not just replace attractions with different ones...ADD attractions...however the crowds are also getting bad so a 5th park (although not likely in my lifetime) at some point could help this.

FigmentFan82

The one thing I would LOVE LOVE LOVE them to make an official annoucement about is what they are going to do with the Imagination Pavilion. Ideally it would be to tell us Dreamfinder is coming back in an all new dark ride with Figment in tow, some Blue Sky concept art and to tell us that while it's not happening this year or next, that in a few years they will break ground on this long awaited refurb for like a 2025 opening or something thereabouts. I am patient. I can wait. Just please tell us you're doing right by the Dreamfinder and Figment and bringing them back together in a new and amazing way.

If we got an announcement like that, the rest could just be new coke bottle designs for all I care. 🤞🤞

DisneyDean97

I think it’s pretty safe to say Epcot will be the main topic for this year’s D23 Parks and Resorts presentation. Magic Kingdom is getting Tron - so no news there, and aside from a possible new attraction going into Stitch nothing new seems to be on the horizon ready for an announcement.
And while Hollywood Studios still needs help, in terms of attractions that can add capacity to the park, I don’t see them announcing anything new for this years D23, most likely they’ll hype up Mickey and Minnie’s attraction.
Animal Kingdom seems like the forgotten child. Yes Pandora helped it’s attendance (which is evident in the 2018 attendance numbers) but in a few years every other park will have new attractions, from Tron at Magic Kingdom to Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot, and Galaxy’s Edge in DHS, Animal Kingdom will have nothing but Pandora which will almost be five years old by the resort’s 50th anniversary. The park needs a new attraction. And while I’m all for “plussing” the current Dinoland, Animal Kingdom needs ADDITIONS not substitutions.
Lastly, Epcot obviously needs more than what has been announced. Ratatouille, the rumored UK attraction and a new country would be sufficient for World Showcase. Meanwhile Disney has to have a plan for Future World West, Future World East is getting all the attention from a restaurant to the play pavilion and the Guardians coaster; Future World East needs something to balance out Future World. Personally I would love to see a new pavilion be built between The Land and the Seas Pavilion, theme it to weather, that way its theme still ties in with it’s neighboring pavilions. Hopefully Epcot’s overhaul plans become more clear after D23.

Imagineer777

The one thing I would LOVE LOVE LOVE them to make an official annoucement about is what they are going to do with the Imagination Pavilion. Ideally it would be to tell us Dreamfinder is coming back in an all new dark ride with Figment in tow, some Blue Sky concept art and to tell us that while it's not happening this year or next, that in a few years they will break ground on this long awaited refurb for like a 2025 opening or something thereabouts. I am patient. I can wait. Just please tell us you're doing right by the Dreamfinder and Figment and bringing them back together in a new and amazing way.

If we got an announcement like that, the rest could just be new coke bottle designs for all I care. 🤞🤞
100% agree! That tweet from an Imagineer a while back gives me hope...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom