Any indication the virtual queue will be coming to DHS GE?

durangojim

Original Poster
Sorry if I should have posted this in a different thread but do any insiders have any insight as to whether the virtual queue will come to our Galaxy's Edge when it opens? Seems crazy that they won't have some kind of regimented process to let people into the land.

Magic Feather

I'm assuming reservations for on-site guests will be a no however due to the much larger number of hotels and on-site guests vs. those in California?

We go in mid-September so I'm hoping we'll be able to get a reservation if they go that route because I assume it will still be reservation-only access by then.
The extra, extra magic hours are your reservations.

durangojim

Original Poster
They are going to have to do something like this. Opening it up to a free-for-all would be an epic disaster.
I'm thinking this too. My wife and I were there the day Toy Story Land opened. We were fortunate and kind of snuck into the land but there were lines making people wait 3 hours to get in. I can't imagine Disney would let something like that happen again even if it was for only a couple days when Galaxy's Edge first opens.

Purduevian

not sure if asked before but how does the virtual queue work?
and how does it differ from making reservations?

Virtual queue allows people to wait in a line digitally, without physically standing there. Kind of like a restaurant waiting for a table. You would show up to GE, say this is the StarBurst family of 4 and your name would get added the end of the list. If I walked up right after and said the Purduvian family of 4, my name would get placed under your name. When someone left GE (either on their on free will or Disney told them they had to), they would notify you that it is your families time to come enjoy GE. I would not get the same notification until another 4 people left and there was room for me! While we waited for our notifications we can enjoy the rest of Hollywood studios attractions, restaurants ect. This is similar to how dumbo works in the magic kingdom.

Reservation system is similar except I can not walk up to GE and asked to be placed on a list. They way it works at DLR is every reservation is in a 4 hour time block. If your block starts at noon, you have from noon to 4pm in GE, then you are kicked out and the next reservation is let in.

EPCOTCenterLover

Virtual queue allows people to wait in a line digitally, without physically standing there. Kind of like a restaurant waiting for a table. You would show up to GE, say this is the StarBurst family of 4 and your name would get added the end of the list. If I walked up right after and said the Purduvian family of 4, my name would get placed under your name. When someone left GE (either on their on free will or Disney told them they had to), they would notify you that it is your families time to come enjoy GE. I would not get the same notification until another 4 people left and there was room for me! While we waited for our notifications we can enjoy the rest of Hollywood studios attractions, restaurants ect. This is similar to how dumbo works in the magic kingdom.

Reservation system is similar except I can not walk up to GE and asked to be placed on a list. They way it works at DLR is every reservation is in a 4 hour time block. If your block starts at noon, you have from noon to 4pm in GE, then you are kicked out and the next reservation is let in.
How do they actually kick you out of the land?

matt9112

I stay at the Poly, as I have for decades, and I'm not getting up that early on vacation. There needs to be a better option for the Deluxe Resort guests.

im sure private tours will have access. you can afford it seems like. otherwise stay somewhere else? one of the sillyest complaints i have ever heard. im too good to wake up early with the common folk yet high end offerings already exsist so you dont need to be amonst us. (Disney crown collection etc)

TP2000

im sure private tours will have access. you can afford it seems like. otherwise stay somewhere else? one of the sillyest complaints i have ever heard. im too good to wake up early with the common folk yet high end offerings already exsist so you dont need to be amonst us. (Disney crown collection etc)

I don't know about all that, I'm just not a morning person. 😴

But if I'm paying for the Poly, which has rates like a Four Seasons but service like an Airport Holiday Inn, I better not have to wake up at 5am on vacation. Again, I rarely leave my room before noon on vacation, and stay out until past Midnight.

matt9112

But if I'm paying for the Poly, which has rates like a Four Seasons but service like an Airport Holiday Inn, I better not have to wake up at 5am on vacation. Again, I rarely leave my room before noon on vacation, and stay out until past Midnight.

yeah disney resorts ard a bad value period. theres no argument around that. perceived value is in the eye if the beholder but real value is amazingly poor compared to other accommodations.

mergatroid

To be fair nobody is forcing you to get up at 5am, get there for 7:30am or 8:45am and take your chances? At the end of the day it comes down to how much you want to do something. I don't particularly enjoy checking in at an airport in the UK at 7am to sit on a plane 3 hours later for 10 hours to fly to Orlando, but the rewards outweigh the inconvenience. Unless you have a medical reason, getting up at 5am (if you choose to do so) isn't that difficult for one day. If you insist on not changing your routine for one day then maybe going to Galaxy's Edge doesn't really mean that much to you?

We'd booked 2 weeks offsite months ago and when Disney announced EVERY DAY was going to be extra early entrance at 6am for resort guests it inconvenienced us. Our solution was to book a one night stay in a Disney resort despite already having a room elsewhere for that night. We kind of weighed it up and decided the extra cost and time and effort was worth it.

If going to bed earlier than normal to get up earlier isn't worth it, then give it a while until Galaxy's Edge isn't new any more and go at a 'normal hour' that fits in with the routine you prefer to not change. Is like anything in life, sometimes you have to make small (or big) sacrifices in order to do or achieve something you want. The opportunity and solution is available, it's just up to you whether it's worth taking it or not. Go on get up early one day and try it, I pretty much guarantee it will be worth it.

lentesta

Premium Member
Had 3 reservations in Galaxy's Edge this weekend. Hats off to the Park Ops team - it all worked perfectly, as far as I could tell.

WDW should look hard at a similar system for August. I'm not sure how they'd do it with all of the on-site hotel rooms, but the overall experience was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom